Status: Complete

Perfect Denial

Hello Daddy

Dana closed her eyes as pain rippled through her body once again, and she hit her hand painfully on the car door as Gustav overtook yet another car in the race to the hospital. Caroline sat beside Dana holding her hand, and resisting the urge to grimace in discomfort everytime Dana squeezed her hand tightly with every contraction.

Finally, after what felt like a very long and uncomfortable journey, Gustav parked haphazardly in front of the drop down doors. Caroline jumped out of the car, grabbing a vacant wheelchair off a startled nurse and helped Dana sit down. Dana watched Gustav speed off to the parking lot and stifling a moan looked up at Caroline who was wheeling her through the doors to reception.

“Did you ring Bill?”

Caroline nodded and squeezed Dana’s shoulder, “I did, and he’s on his way.”

Dana moaned as another fierce contraction pierced her. The twins were anxious to come out. “I hope he’s on time. I can’t do this alone,” she whispered.

Caroline stopped the wheelchair then and walked around to crouch in front of Dana so they were eye level, her calm brown eyes framed by dark eye lashes quelled all of Dana’s fears and she was suddenly overcome by the pure power friendship held. Caroline was a true friend, as was Cody who she had also asked Caroline to call. Caroline took Dana’s hands in hers, “no matter what Dana, you won’t be alone. We’re all here.”

Dana took a deep breath and smiled at Caroline, “come on, let’s get these babies into this world.”

~
Bill came rushing in the doors fifteen minutes later, his face haggard and his hair sticking up in all directions due to the amount of times he’d run his hands through it. Tom was on his heels, smiling slightly as if he were highly amused by the whole situation. Bill was not. He quickly took his place beside his wife, gripping her hand tightly. He was terrified. In a few hours, he would be a father. He would actually be in complete charge of not one, but two tiny human beings. Two little babies that would depend on him for everything. He started to hyperventilate.

Dana laughed slightly, seeing all the crazy emotions she had just been feeling run through Bill’s face. She squeezed his hand, and he looked at her. Her wide blue eyes calmed him down as Caroline had helped Dana. Bill looked at the woman he loved, in the hospital bed; about to go through what was supposed to be one of the most painful experiences in life. And she was still smiling at everyone, only grimacing slightly when another contraction took hold of her body. Bill felt the rush of love again as he thought of what a brave woman she was. And he was lucky enough to be starting a family with her.

It took another three hours for the labour to finally kick in and when it did, Bill ushered everyone out, despite Tom’s protests. He wanted to see ‘Tom Junior’ being born.

Bill watched with wonder, as the doctor explained what was happening. And his eyes struck with tears when the first babies head appeared, a dark mop of hair covering its head. The doctor pulled it out, and immediately the room was filled with the sounds of a wailing child. Bill kissed Dana’s sweaty forehead as she gasped, “well done Dana, well done.”

“It’s a girl,” the nurse allowed Dana to see her daughter briefly before going to the back of the room to clean her airways and wash her down. Bill watched the stranger going off with his daughter, a sudden surge of protectiveness coming over him. He had a daughter. Bill Kaulitz had a daughter.

But there was no time to waste for two minutes later, the next baby wanted to arrive and Dana had to push again. Bill whispered encouragement to her as she squeezed his hand tightly and another dark head appeared before the sound of a crying child hit him again. A boy. A healthy baby son.

Dana wept tears of joy as the nurses cleaned her up, and Bill kissed her over and over again. She’d did it. They did it....they were parents.

Two nurses came over, holding the tiny bundles in their arms. The pink bundle was handed to Bill, and he took his little girl in his arms as if she were made of the most fragile crystal. He gazed down at her, and she blinked...looking up at her daddy as if to say, ‘Oh...it’s you.’

He looked beside him where Dana was stroking her finger down her son’s pink cheek, and she gasped as his tiny hand came up to grasp her finger. He was saying ‘I’m here now. I’m not going anywhere.’

Bill didn’t care that there were tears rushing down his cheeks, he’d never felt anything like this joy before. This feeling of being utterly complete.

Dana looked at Bill, and smiled. “Hello daddy,” she whispered, her own voice choked with emotion.

Bill laughed, and pressed his forehead against Dana, holding his daughter against his son and kissed the most beautiful woman in the world’s lips. “Hello mommy.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay!Babies are born....
Epilogue in a few minutes :)