Status: Complete

Perfect Denial

Like sand,you're slipping through my fingers

Aaron leaned back into his chair and stretched his long legs out in front of him. This was the worst about getting a flight.The waiting around.He pulled his ticket out of his back jean pocket and studied it.

A girl walked past him, flashing her long tanned legs, her auburn hair swinging behind her shoulders as she walked and Aaron straightened thinking it was Dana. But the girl shrieked something in a loud,high pitched American voice.Nope,not Dana.

He wondered what she was doing.Probaly reading in bed or on the piano.She hadn't considered travelling up to Minnesota with him to visit his parents and his new niece.Aaron didn't blame her.His mother had never been anything but rude to her,claiming her trouble and a waste of time.But she was his mother and no matter what he loved her.

Aaron sighed.He hated being away from Dana.He already missed her and though she was getting better from that terrible bout of flu he still thought he should be looking after her.He closed his eyes and imagined her.Her face, her laugh,her adorable german accent.The way the wind on the beach blew her hair back and she looked shyly at him through her eyelashes.

But that day had been a long time ago. He knew something was missing.A vital piece.She was slipping away.He knew it and no matter what he did,he was losing her.Day by day, when she looked at him, he could see something behind her eyes as if she was looking at someone else or worse wanted to be looking at someone else.

He hadn't said anything last week when she had arrived home flushed and panicked.He knew something had upset her or something had happened.He was scared to bring it up.He didn't want to lose her yet he was trying desperately to ignore the voice in the his heart that was saying he was going to lose her anyway.

She had always been a wild spirit.The most amazing girl he'd ever known.He should have known that something would have come along to take her away...

He had lain in bed last night thinking of her and when she had started to change and it had hit him like a brick wall. The changes had started almost two months ago.When she had gone somewhere.When she had met someone...Bill.

But she wasn't talking to him now.That much,Aaron had grasped in the last few days.He knew something must have happened.He lay his head in his hands and moaned to himself.She wouldn't do anything...would she?

But Dana was reckless.He knew this,she never thought things through and sometimes her heart was louder than her head.He refused to believe it.Dana was his.She would always be his.

He got up as finally his flight number was called to board.He handed his ticket to the pretty air stewardess and walked onto the plane,settling down with his ipod.

Like sand in his hand,Dana was slowly trickling through his fingers and sooner or later...she would be gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
Hope you like
x