Soda Pop Floor

Meandering on Concrete

There's a component of awkwardness involved. No matter what shape or form it may come in - heads clunking, hair getting in the way, glasses fogging up or getting squished - it's there. And it's a meeting, always in a clandestine location. Libraries, theaters, and parking lots top the list. Eyes shut. Then the classic fumble with the hands. On thighs, faces, necks...fingers blindly find each other and lock. The entire surrounding environment can be pictured mentally, perhaps even more in detail than with eyes open. The only ironic part is that only the surroundings and the outside world are seen and interpreted, not what's going on, what's happening right now. Make note of heightened sense and something similar to hollow chocolate. Captivating, awakening, deliciously sweet...you're living through it and you can feel it. There's a certain physical numbness to it. Some parts have just shut off. Can't move. Can't move. Don't move. The mental side is being pelted by emotions, thoughts, impulses never felt before. Something bashes through and motion is achieved again.

Amidst the flurry of whatever is going on, there's warm breathing. Sometimes faint, sometimes not, slow, quick paced. There's some sort of pattern going on. And it's shaky and nervous in the sweetest way possible. It's like the good kind of awkward. Then in both parties, rapid fire beating in unison. Hearts alive with something new inside, drumming so loudly it's heard by both.

This is the softest burning touch. This is the subtle taste of cherry, mint, or chocolate.

But in all honesty, no matter how much effort is put into it, this is indescribable.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't posted a story since February 2008, so I'm sorry for its suckishness. This was a little diddy written in thirty, forty minutes while watching tv. Comments and criticism are, as always, greatly appreciated. Thank you. :]