Pas de Deux?

Chapter 12

The Show

Violet sat in her dressing room, applying the finishing touches to her makeup. It was heavier than usual, due to the brightness of the stage lights, but not so much as to make her look like a complete freak. Still, it made her face feel heavy, like it was covered in some sort of caked on mess that would need to be removed with a chisel later on. To say she hated it would be an understatement. Scrunching her nose, she reached for the hairspray, applying one last spritz to her curls.

“There. How do I look?” she asked, striking a cute pose.

As she looked to Kris for a response, she couldn’t help but laugh. He hadn’t even heard her because he was too busy practicing in the corner of her dressing room. He held his arms out in front of him, as if they were around another person, and was counting in French as he tried desperately to remember the steps. She knew he was nervous. He’d already emptied the entire contents of her makeup bag and asked her what each and every case was for. Not that he cared, it was just something to take his mind off of the impending doom he was about to endure. He’d warmed up three different times, and even played mini sticks with a few of the guys. And now, he was cursing like a mad man, in French of course, because he seemed to have forgotten half the dance.

“Violet help me… please?” he asked wide eyed.

God he was so cute when he was nervous. He was still standing with his arms hanging out in the air, so Violet wiggled into them, wrapping her arms around his waist while gently nuzzling his nose with her own.

“It’s ok love, just relax. Once you hear the music, it’ll all come back to you,” she said sweetly.

“Are you sure? How do I know you’re not making that up so I’ll stop swearing?”

“Would I lie to you about something like that? Besides you’ll be great. I just know it. Come into the hallway with me and I’ll help you practice some more,” she said walking out into the corridor.

As she turned around, she realized that Kris hadn’t followed her out. Instead, he was staring at her from inside the dressing room with a smirk on his face. She watched as he let his eyes wander over her body. Her shorts left her muscled legs bare and her sports bra did little to cover up her torso. She'd been self consious about wearing so little in front of Kris, but Kitty had somehow convinced her it would be fine.

“Kristopher Letang…are you checking me out?” she teased, trying to lighten the mood.

“Maybe.”

“Well, you aren’t very good at hiding it!” she giggled.

“Yeah, but you’re my girl so I'm allowed,” Kris replied cheekily as he pulled her back into the dressing room and shut the door behind him.

Leave it to a guy to go from completely freaking out to being completely turned on in less than ten seconds. He pulled Violet close, placing small kisses up and down her neck while his fingertips gently grazed her arms. Kris smiled as he felt her small figure shiver in his arms, and he moved along to her jaw line, finding the spot that made her breathless.

“Kris...” she choked out as he moved to her lips, enveloping them in a hungry kiss.

“Yes ma belle?” he said huskily as he began to tug on her bottom lip. He knew he should stop, that this was not the time or place for them to be together for the first time. But he honestly didn’t know if he could and prayed that Violet would stop him before he lost control.

“Kris I-um, I just- I, think that…” Violet trailed off as Kris slid his hands lower so that they rested on the bare skin of her hips. She had no idea what to say. Usually, they just kissed, and Kris was always a gentleman, letting her set the pace. But now, in her dressing room, there was a hunger she’d never seen in him before. It was as if he didn’t have her then and there, he might die. He was making her crazy and completely nervous all at the same time. She loved Kris but she didn’t want to do this in a dirty dressing room, not for her first time where everyone would know what they’d been up too.

“I’m sorry” Kris gulped, trying to catch his breath. “I just wanted to kiss you for a bit…kissing makes me less nervous. I need lots and lots of kissing” he teased, trying to break the tension hanging in the air.

Only he wasn’t sure if it worked because Violet didn’t respond. She wouldn’t even look at him. She’d been wondering when this might happen, when there would come a time when she would have to decide if she wanted Kris to be her first time. Well, she had already decided. It was just a matter of being brave enough to go through with it. Even though he was sweet, and handsome and he genuinely cared for her, he was a guy after all and she knew he wouldn’t wait forever.

“Vi? Talk to me,” he pleaded nervously. Shit. He had really screwed this up.

“I’m sorry Kris,” she said, coming back to reality. ‘I-I just wasn’t expecting that is all” she said looking up at him.

“You’re shaking love.”

“No, I’m fine Kris. I think I just need some air,” Violet said slipping out of his grip.

She opened the door to walk away, her mind reeling at a million miles a minute.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so i'm terribly sorry it's been awhile. This week has been crazy!! But i am going to be updating at least one more chapter tonight so i hope that you enjoy it! I figured that i needed a little more drama so here it is. Life's not peachy all the time right? Let me know what you think! Have a happy Sunday everyone!

PS: so random question, but i am completely craving a good luke schenn story. He's just so lovely to look at. If anyone has any suggestions/feels like writing one for me I would be very thankful! Love to everyone!