Pas de Deux?

Chapter 5

She couldn’t figure out how she ended up on the floor. Or why Max Talbot was lying on top of her for that matter. All she knew was that there happened to be a lot of blood pouring from her nose and lip. Max rolled off of her and she sat up, trying to catch the blood in her hands. Her head was foggy from the blow and all around, she heard muffled voices calling for towels, and a babbling Max.

“Oh my God! Vi, i’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt you. I just wanted to try out this new move that I saw on MTV!” Max frantically tried to explain while holding a towel to her face.

“It’s ok Maxie. But this does mean you have to get me tickets to your next game. Center ice, on the glass,” she said, trying to smile as a new wave of pain seared through her lower lip.

“Anything for you sweet pea,” Max replied, helping her to her feet.

She was starting to feel light-headed from all the action and as soon as she was upright, she began to sway. A strong pair of arms found her tiny waist and she looked up to see Kris staring at her with a concerned look on his face.

“It is really that bad?” she asked, moving the towel so that only Kris could see her face.

“Well, I think you might need stitches in your lip but the rest of you is still lovely as ever,” he said, brushing a stray piece of hair from her eyes. Had he really just done that?

Violet blinked. No guy had ever said anything like that to her before. Not her old boyfriend or her friends who happened to be boys. She was the girl next door. The cute girl everybody wanted to be friends with but no one wanted to date. There was always someone hotter, louder or sluttier and the fact that Kris was paying attention to her should have made her nervous. But there was something about Kris that made her feel comfortable, like she didn’t need to run. Maybe it was the way he smiled at her when he finally got a step right or the way he seemed genuinely concerned that she had been hurt.

“Violet…you still there?” he smirked. “I think we better get you to the trainer so he can patch you up,” he smiled, gently taking her elbow and leading her to Jasper’s office. On the way out, she caught a glimpse of Kitty who simply smiled and wiggled her eye brows.

“Well, the bleeding has stopped but that hole in your lip isn’t going to close itself!” Jasper stated.

“Wh-what do you mean?” Violet whimpered, she knew what was coming

“You’re just going to need a few stitches is all.”

“But I’ve never had stitches before! Can’t you just put a band-aid on it?”

“Across your lip?” Jasper laughed. "No, but I’m sure lover boy here wouldn’t mind holding your hand,” he continued, gesturing to Kris who didn’t reject the idea.

“It’s not that bad Vi, he’ll freeze the area so you won’t feel anything,” Kris said as Jasper pulled out a syringe and began to fill it with the numbing agent.

“That’s not a needle, that’s a harpoon!” Violet panicked, scrambling to get off the table as fast as she could. “Why are you trying to harpoon me?”

Kris laughed as he grabbed on to her and set her back on the table, gently keeping his hands on her shoulders.

“Vi, it’ll be ok. You have to get yourself fixed up and I’ll be here the whole time,” he said, staring into her eyes. Apparently that was all it took to get Violet Comeau to sit for stitches. Well, that plus the fact that Kris had kept his promise and held her hand through the whole thing. It was the strangest sensation Violet had ever felt. Part of her face was numb while the other was pink from the fact that Kris kept stealing glances at her. Her head was pounding, but at the same time, her stomach felt like it was going to explode from all the butterflies. Her nose was sore, but the skin on her hands tingled from where Kris was touching her. She knew which feelings she prefered.

As they were walking up the stairs to go back to the studio, Violet caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror. A busted lip and a black eye. Thanks Max. Kris caught the look of horror on her face and quietly laughed to himself. In his opinion, she was just too cute.

“I look like I got hit by a bus!” she cried.

“I promise it’s really not that bad.” he said taking her face his hands, pretending to have a good look. Violet laughed as Kris' gaze fell on her busted lip. He wanted to kiss her so badly, but they’d only just met. How could he like someone so much after only knowing them for a few hours? He wanted to be close to her and every time they touched he got butterflies. But he wanted to get to know her too. He’d never believed in love at first sight, but Violet made him wonder if all that nonsense could be true.

“Plus, you pretty much have Talbot wrapped around your little finger now,” he said softly, wondering if that might become a problem.
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy!!! Comments are always welcome!