Pas de Deux?

Chapter 8

Violet shut the door and sunk to the floor, legs weak from her close encounter with Kris. She really thought he was going to kiss her. She really wanted him to kiss her, but he hadn’t. Instead, he pulled her into a hug and whispered in her ear so softly that she almost missed it.

“Bon nuit ma belle,” he’d said before leaving. He’d left her breathless and seeing stars. If that’s what he could do with his words, Violet could only imagine what he’d be able to do to with his touch.

Disappointed and exhausted, Violet made her way to the bathroom, quickly showering, and heading to bed. She found it difficult to sleep though because all she could think about was Kris and the almost kiss they’d just had. Her thoughts drifted through their night at the club and she thought about the way her skin tingled every time he touched her or whispered in her ear. But why hadn’t he kissed her? Maybe he didn’t like her as much as Max had said he did and this was all just some silly game between teammates. Maybe he’d gotten to know her and realized that she was just ordinary. That must have been it. The happy feelings slipped away as the irrational took over. Violet had never been good at reading people, and now, in her dizzying exhaustion, she had somehow convinced herself that Kris Letang didn’t like her as much as she liked him.

Little did she know that 10 blocks over, Kris was pacing his living room, cursing himself for chickening out. He would do it tomorrow. Because if he didn’t, he was surely going to die.

………………………………………………………………………………………………
The Next Day

“Good girl Vi. It’s really coming along nicely. Tomorrow we’ll work the middle section, I’d like to change a few things, make it a little more dynamic since I know what you can do,” Eric said with a smile.

“Great!” Violet replied. “Is it ok if I stay and practice for a bit?” Kris wasn’t picking her up until 2, so she could still rehearse and have time to get cleaned up before he arrived.

“Sure. The next class isn’t in until 2 so knock yourself out darling,” Eric replied before leaving the studio, dropping his papers along the way.

Violet studied the notes Eric had given her and when she finally figured them out, she put the music on and began to move. Over and over she replayed the music, losing herself in the dance. She forgot every trouble when she was alone in the studio, including her reservations about Kris. God, she liked him so much. She just wished she could be braver. To be one of those girls who isn't afraid to take control and go after what she wanted. She realized how stupid she’d been the night before. Max wouldn’t lie to her and Kris wouldn’t have treated her the way he had if he only wanted to be friends. She was so caught up in her thoughts that she hadn’t noticed the figure who had been standing in the doorway for the last ten minutes.

Kris let his eyes travel up her form, taking in every curve and every muscle as she danced to the music. She was beautiful. She wasn’t stick thin like the girls he was used to dating either. True, she was thin, but her body was toned from years of dance. Delicate but not breakable. She was perfect. He’d never seen anyone move like that before either. Her graceful movements were so different from the dirty ones he saw in the clubs. It was mesmerizing, the way she spun, and jumped to the beat.

“Kris?”

“Um, hey Violet. I was just uh…” he trailed off, hoping that she hadn’t caught him checking her out.

“Is it two o’clock already? Shoot. I’m really sorry, let me go shower quick.”

“Well, no actually. I was down the street making reservations so I came over, you know, just incase you were finished early,” he said walking into the studio and stopping in front of Violet.

“Can I just have a few minutes to change? I won’t be long,” she asked, hoping he wasn’t mad at her for losing track of time.

“Take as long as you need...except that I have one condition,” he smirked.

“Yes?” Violet asked innocently.

“Can you show me that one step again? I keep doing it wrong when I try to remember the dance in my head.”

“Sure,” Violet replied unsure of where this was going. “Ok, so you have to step out with your left, that’s right, and then I spin towards you like this,” she said turning into Kris so that his arms were around her waist and her hand sat gently on his chest. Beneath his shirt, Violet could feel his heart beating a million miles per minute. Her own wasn’t far off either.

“Very good,” she said softly.

“Thanks,” he replied, brushing her bangs from her face.

“Vi, can I say something?” Kris asked, still holding on to her. Max had told him to kiss first, talk later but talking first seemed like the more gentlemanly thing to do. If he had been with some trashy girl in a club, there would have been no talking at all. But this was Violet.

“I know that today was supposed to be our first date, but I might not be brave enough to say this later...” Max had given him a shot of liquor before he left because he knew Tanger had trouble telling girls how he felt.

“I know we only met a few weeks ago, but I really like you, more than any girl I’ve ever met. I just feel like there’s this amazing connection when we’re together and that doesn’t happen to me very often…” he trailed off.

“It doesn’t happen very often to me either,” Violet responded, gently pressing her lips to Kris’.

Kris, as much as Violet, was taken aback by her boldness. It was the sweetest, shyest kiss Kris had ever received, but it was just how he thought Violet would kiss him. She’d had to stand on her toes to kiss him, and he wrapped his arms tighter around her waist as she struggled to reach his lips. He laughed, deepening the kiss as he bent down so she could reach him better. He couldn’t believe he was finally kissing her. It was like a thousand fireworks had been set off in his chest as he felt Violet’s small frame against his own. Her lips were so soft and they fit perfectly with his own. He could get used to this.

Finally, the need for air broke them apart. Kris dropped his hands from Violet’s face and began playing with a strand of her hair, a smile plastered over his face.

“I should have done that last night” he said, pressing his forehead to hers.

“It’s ok, you’ll have lots of time to make it up to me,” Violet blushed, smiling as she looked into his beautiful brown eyes.

“So, you’ll be my girl?” Kris asked hesitantly. Was he being to forward?

“I'd like that,” she answered softly.

Out of nowhere, a very unromantic gurgling interrupted their thoughts.

“Shall we go eat ma belle?” Kris asked

“Yes please. I’ll be right back” Violet said, kissing his cheek before taking off for the locker room.

So Violet showered and changed, and Kris waited patiently. When Violet reappeared, Kris took her bag and they walked hand in hand down the street for their first official date. Life was good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so a little mushy at the end but i hope you like it!! Not too sure about what will happen next but i don't think i'm ready to be finished with this yet...they still have their performace after all =)

Comments are always welcome. Oh and don't forget to rate...i only have 1 little star (but only if you like it of course and think it deserves more :) Take care everyone and see you next update!!