My Submission Is Your Addiction

2

"Dale! Come on!" Rachel yelled for about the umpteenth time.

"I'm coming!" I yelled pulling on my flip flops.

"Too, much info!" Daniel yelled as I ran down the stairs and into the kitchen to grab my 2 cokes to hold me over until lunchtime.

"Perv." I mumbled.

"Shut the fuck up!" he snapped kicking me. I slapped him and ran out to Rachel's car.

"About time." she laughed backing out of the driveway.

"Ugh. School!" I groaned leaning the seat back.

"Look on the bright side. You get to see Jon!" she said.

"Don't make fun of me. At least Jon doesn't hang out with Travis!" I snapped.

"Hey! That's not fair! William's sweet!"

"And you know him so well." I mumbled.

"I do!" she defended. I laughed.

(William Beckett has been her crush since freshmen year. She has never talked to him, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't know who she is.)

We got to school and went inside.

"Why are we here so early?!" I groaned and heard Rachel sigh from beside me. I turned as William Beckett passed us laughing with his friends. Oh, that's why.

"You can stalk, but I'm going to get food." I said heading to the lunch room. They have breakfast their before school starts. I walked in and Daniel flipped me off. I returned the gesture before turning and grabbing a banana.
I went back through the hallways not bothering to stay in the lunch room. I was standing at my locker getting my books when it was shut.

"Rachel!" I said taking a bite of banana.

"Hi." she giggled grabbing it from me and taking a huge bite. I pouted and took it back.

"You could get aids doing that!" Gabe shouted from Travis' side. I flipped them off and then realized the mistake I'd made. Rachel and I ran out the door of the school and around the building.

"You're so stupid!" she laughed.

"William noticed you." I shrugged.

Her eyes went wide. "He was there?! I didn't see him!"

I grabbed her arm as she tried going back.

"Okay....now." I laughed. We both walked back to the front of the building and I dropped the banana peel.

"Oh! Let's go find Jon!" Rachel said. I laughed.

"Do you know what he looks like?"

"Duh! Spencer's friend." she said as we pushed our way past Pete and his girlfriend, Hana. We had walked through the same 3 hallways 4 times.

"There!" she said and took off. I tried to keep up with her doing quite well.

"Okay now walk." she said slowing down. I laughed and shook my head walking with her.

"Dale!" I heard Spencer yell. I walked towards them and didn't have to look to know Rachel was smirking.

"Hey, Spencer!" I said.

"I heard you live by Jon now, this is-"

"No, let me guess!" Rachel said observing the 4 guys.

"Jon?" she said pointing to the tall skinny guy standing next to Spencer, whose name leaves me. He shook his head and I hit my palm to my forehead.

"Jon?" she said pointing to Brendon. He smiled.

"Brendon!" he corrected her. She made a frustrated noise and looked at Jon.

"Jon?"

"Tom." he said shaking his head. She looked beyond confused.

"But you said that Jon was Spencer's friend, the hot one an-"

"That's Jon." I interrupted her, slapping her arm and turning bright red. Spencer, Brendon, and Ryan all broke out into laughter. Luckily, or maybe not, it was interrupted, when an older one of Travis' friends ran by giving Jon a 'dead knee' on the way and shouted something I couldn't understand.

"Go to hell!" Jon shouted back.

Not even 10 seconds later everyone was silent, and looking scared. I turned to see Travis, Pete, Gabe, William, and....Daniel?

"Since when do you hang out with them?" I asked Daniel.

"Daniel's our buddy." Travis said licking his lips, and not to sound conceited, but he was checking me out, obviously.

"Bye." I said quickly practically sprinting down the hall with Rachel.

"What. The. Hell?" she mumbled.

"I don know." I said pulling her into my next class.

"I have to get to my class." she said pulling away and waving 'bye'. I pouted and put my head on my desk.

"So, what are you doing this weekend?" I heard that familiar voice ask.

"Umm, I'm busy." I said quickly.

"Daniel said you weren't." Travis said raising an eyebrow.

"Daniel, doesn't know."

"We'll see." he said before blowing a kiss and leaving. I gagged as class started.

---

I was walking to lunch with Rachel when I was pushed into a locker. A body was pressed against mine.

"Hi?" I mumbled looking to see it was Pete.

"Hey. Your brother said you were free this weekend." he breathed. I shuddered.

"Leave me the fuck alone!" I snapped frustrated, shoving him off me.

"Dale!" he called.

"You have a girlfriend and I'm not interested, even if I was, I'm busy this weekend!" I called practically sprinting to the lunch room.

"What's going on today?" Rachel asked.

"You tell me." I mumbled.

I walked over to where Brendon was flagging us down (more like was dragged by Rachel while pleading otherwise).

"You're alive." Spencer said.

"Unfortunatly." I groaned sitting down across from the 4.

"Travis didn't eat you?" Brendon asked.

"Nope. I know my brother is behind this though." I sighed.

"Or Travis thinks you're hot." he said putting emphasis on 'hot' and motioning to Jon with his chin. I groaned. Someone hit me on the back of my head and I turned to see Daniel.

"Did I tell you, you look amazing today?" he asked. My jaw dropped and I could feel bile rising in my throat.

"You're weird." I managed to say, swallowing it down.

"And you're not my real sister." he smirked bouncing his eyebrows.

"I'll puke on you." I threated.

"So, mom and dad are going out of town this weekend-"

"Oh, God." I said pushing him away.

"Babe-" he started.

"Shut up!" I groaned slamming my head into the table.

"Later." he said and I could hear the smirk. I kind of want to go puke...a lot.

"Eww." Rachel said quickly.

"So.." Jon started, but trailed off when we made eye contact.

"Travis didn't eat you, but he might." Ryan laughed a little. I glared.

"That's my brother, freaks."

"What?" all of them -minus Jon and Rachel- said at once.

"Dale Su." Rachel said putting emphasis on my last name.

"Sorry. Travis is freaky. That's kind of..sick...though." Spencer shrugged.

"He's not serious. He's just a jerk, and wants to make you guys think it's some kind of weird incest." Rachel filled in.

"But he's...." Ryan started, "and you're..."

"Oh, My dad had an affair with a white chick." I shrugged. He went red instantly.

"I was actually adopted." I filled him in winking.

"Oh!" he said instantly, relieved. I thought back to what just happened and felt sick again. I sprinted to the bathrooms and emptied my stomach.
Slowly, I went back to the table where Rachel looked worried.

"You should go to the nurse."

"Will I get out of school?" I asked hopeful. She nodded, and I headed that way. Jon is acting semi-normal, but I still feel awkward.