My Submission Is Your Addiction

3

Rachel dropped me off at my house and went back to school. I yelled at her, about saying that in front of Jon, but forgave her.
I changed into sweatpants and a hoodie. I normally don't skip school, but when I do, I pigout, watch TV, and be lazy. I grabbed a bag of chips, the remote, and Jasmie and sat on the couch.
3 hours and 20 missed calls later. Daniel got home.

"Where the fuck were you all day?!" he asked kicking off his shoes.

"Home. You scared me off, bastard!"

"Don't call me bastard, Hoe!" he snapped. I rolled my eyes.

"What are you gonna do?"

"Fuck off, Dale. Why don't you just go seduce Jon?!" he retorted as I stood up.

"Why do you think I like Jon?" I asked innocently.

"You got a girlfriend? Oh, Rachel, he's so hot!" he immitated me.

"Shut up, okay!? Don't listen to my conversations, and don't tell anyone or I will hurt you!"

"Oh, the guys already know." he smirked.

"The guys?" I asked.

"Oh, you know. Travis, Pete, Bill, Gabe, James..." he trailed off.

"You told them?!" I asked.

"Yeah, they found it quite hilarious. I-"

I cut him off slapping him. He glared at me and I sprinted towards the stairs. Daniel was right behind me and he grabbed my hood halfway up the stairs.

"Shit!" I yelled falling back. It was anything, but graceful. Luckily, Daniel broke my fall.

"Oww." I moaned.

"Get off me, ass!" Danield said.

"I'm not the one who pulled you down the stairs. Make me!" Probably not the best choice of words to say in this situation. He pushed me off him and I hit the floor with a 'thump', groaning again.

"What if I broke something?" I mumbled not moving.

He kicked me in the side. "You're fine." he said. I was, I knew I was, but I want an excuse to lay here.

"No, really, I think I broke something." I whined.

"Good." he mumbled walking away. I sighed and closed my eyes when something started licking my face.

"Jasmine!" I groaned covering my face.

"You should get rid of the stupid thing!" Daniel yelled. I pretended I didn't hear him and got up.

"Jasmine, let's go on a walk." I said getting her leash. She was already at the door barking and panting. I put it on her and stepped outside. I sighed at all the people outside and headed down the street. My knee was hurting a little from twisting it on the stairs. I walked as fast as I could down the street to avoid the people. I got to the end of the street and Jake was out. Jake is a big German Shepherd that lives down the street (Obviously). Right as I turned the corner he followed me. I laughed and pet him.

"Did you get a new dog?" I heard a familiar voice.

"Nope. This is Jake. He lives over there." I said pointing behind me. Jon nodded and que the awkward silence.

"You want to..um...come inside?" he asked nervously. I looked around before hooking Jasmine's leash around a tree and nodding. Martha was setting the table and glanced up.

"Hey, Memaw, this is Dale." Jon introduced, "Dale this is my Memaw."

"Hi." I smiled holding out a hand. She scoffed and gave me a hug. We were heading into the living room when Jon explained his relatives were huggy people.

"Hey, Da-" Jon stopped as the boy I recognized as the same one that kicked Jon in the hallway turned around.

"James, where's Dad?" he asked quickly.

"Daniel's sister, right?" he ignored Jon's question.

"Do I look like his sister?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"Not if I didn't already know that you were." he shrugged.

"Then why'd you ask?" I mumbled.

"Trying to start a conversation, your pretty hot, y'know?"

"No, I don't."

"God." Jon mumbled before turning and mumbling, "We're going upstairs."

"Sorry, he's.." Jon trailed off rolling his eyes and shutting his door.

I glanced around his room, to the pairs of boxers scattered across the floor to the sunflowers in a vase on the dresser, placing right where the sun would hit them.

"It's no 'Dale's room' I'll admit that." he laughed.

"No, it's cool. It's layed back." I laughed.

"How can I room be layed back?"

I rolled my eyes and motioned around as if that explained it. He casually walked across the room -kicking pairs of boxers under the bed or any other hiding spot while he went- to the window and opened the blinds.

"One question, though. What's with the sunflowers?"

He blushed a bit, "Oh, they, uhh..." he trailed off before shrugging and mumbling, "I like them."

I made a humming noise and nodded.

---

"So, I'm just going to come out and ask. Do you want to hang out sometime?" Jon asked as I was about to enter my house. I smirked.

"I believe we just did hang out."

He glared at me a bit for making this harder, "I mean like, a date?" he scratched his neck awkwardly.

"Sure. Call me." I winked opening my door and stepping inside.

The door was closing as I heard him mumble, "But I don't have your number."

"Oh!" I said swinging it back open, he jumped a bit, but laughed none-the-less. I told him my number and he held up one finger and pulled out his phone.

"Repeat." he said and clicked in the number.

"Okay, Goodnight." I laughed closing the door.