Status: ACTIVE! FINALLY! =]

Under the Moonlight (It's Too Dark to See)

Seven: The Sweetest Memory

I woke up alone the next morning. December had gone home, so my room was surprisingly peaceful, and quiet. My windows were opened, letting some sunlight in, and a breeze to batter the curtains.

I yawned and stared out at the countryside around the house. It was so peaceful out there sometimes. I just wanted to go into that sheep pasture at times and just lay there, and think.

And then I would realise I laid down in sheep shit.

I sighed and let my eyes fall on a picture of my mum, dad, Rhys, and I not long after I was born. I wasn't born long before Christmas, and we were seated in front of the tree. I was wrapped up in a purple blanket in Mum's arms, Daddy was sitting next to her with his arm around her shoulders, and Rhys was sitting on Daddy's lap. I smiled and looked at the picture next to it. Same holiday, a couple years later. I was four, making Rhys six. Mum and Dad knew this American family--The Winchesters--and they came out that Christmas. Mum sat between Dad and John Winchester in this one. Rhys and I laid on the floor in front of John's kids, Dean and Sammy, who sat back-to-back in front of our parents. We all were extremely happy then, and the smiles were genuine.

I remembered that Christmas so clearly. It was one of Dad's last...

Flashback...

Sam and I slept, curled up in my bed. Sam was a year older than I was--five. Dean hadn't turned ten just yet, and Rhys was six. Dean and Rhys woke the pair of us up, each pulling their own sibling off the bed.

"Nnnnhh... What?" Sam mumbled.

"Sammy, it's time to go downstairs," Dean said happily.

Rhys tickled my sides. "Come on, Isola! Wake up!"

I shreiked. "I'm up! I'm up!" I wiggled out of Rhys' grasp and took off down the hallway, laughing as Rhys chased me through the upper floor of the house. Sam and Dean joined the chase not long after.

"Guys, come on," Mum called up the stairs, laughing as I ran past the banister with the boys trailing behind. I turned into the bathroom, the boys ran past, and I ran back out and down the stairs into Mum's arms.

Rhys and Dean stopped at the top of the stairs and looked at Mum, confused.

"How'd she--" Rhys started.

"I have no clue," Dean answered.

Mum smiled. "Isola's just too smart for you boys. Isn't that right, Izzy?"

"Yeah!" I agreed, sticking my tongue out at the three dumbfounded boys at the top of the stairs.

"Come on, guys. Everything's ready downstairs," she said, putting me down.

"Presents!" Sam exclaimed, running down the stairs.

"Sammy! Wait up!" Dean called.

Rhys and I were the last ones off the steps.

We all sat around the tree and opened the presents. Mum and John took pictures. The only thing missing was Daddy.

I started unwrapping a large package, finding out it was the dollhouse I'd wanted for months. And as soon as I ripped the first strip of paper off, the front door opened.

Rhys and I looked at each other and got up immediately, running down the hall to the door, where a tall, thin man stood and shed his coat.

"Daddy!" I yelled, jumping at him.

He picked me up and hugged me tightly. "Hi, Izzy," he said with a small laugh.

Rhys' eyes lit up and he ran to him, as well. Daddy picked him up, too.

"How's my boy? Taking care of the ladies?"

Rhys nodded with a grin. "They're in good hands, Dad!" He put his thumb up.

Dad laughed and put us both down. "Where's everyone?"

"They're opening presents in the living room," Mum said, appearing. She was dressed in one of Dad's button-down shirts and a pair of sweatpants.

Dad smiled. "Cris."

Mum smiled back and jumped into his arms. "I'm so glad you're home."

"I am too," he said softly.

Rhys gagged. "You guys are being cute! Eww!"

Mum laughed. "Oh, you hush, Rhys."

"Come on, let's go finish opening your presents," Dad said.

"Okay! Come on, Isola!" Rhys shouted as he hurried back

"I'm coming!" I called after him.

...End.

That was the best Christmas we ever had. Dad coming home just made it. Things were so simple then. I was a kid. A carefree little girl with her hair in a ponytail whose only business in the world was to play and learn to ride a bike without training wheels.

Now I'm a troubled teenager with Daddy issues whose business in the world is saving it.

It's kind of funny how things change like that...
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww, cute childhood moments.

Don't hate me for including Supernatural!!! A friend of mine said it would make the plotline more interesting, and she's kind of the one that encouraged me to write this. =]

Hope you like it, and sorry it took me a little more than six months to get up. xD

Chapter title credit: The Sweetest Memory - Eighteen Visions.

Comments? =]