You Caught Me Off Guard.

Chapter 4

As I turned around in fear it might be someone scary. When I look at her face it was my bud, Kim. I was relieved that it wasn’t anyone I didn’t know or someone I disliked.

She smiled and said, “So, is that a yes or a no?” I couldn’t help, but to notice that every one else had a partner and it’d be nice to dance with someone I’m a little bit comfortable with. “Yes, it’s not like I can say no, ha-ha, you know I’m kidding.” Well, in my mind I really didn’t want to dance at all. It was just I didn’t want my grade to go down, I mean since first quarter I’ve been pushing myself to be the best I can for Gym and I have been.
I know for sure that I couldn’t just push that aside, because it really meant something to me.

“Well, why do you look so worried?” Kim said just staring at me. I stood around looking for who had that fat girl with the super potent breath. Then I noticed Kim and her expression. So, I said “Ha-ha, cause I don’t want any BIG girls. Look. Waldo got that fat girl.”

It wasn’t nice, but hell it was enjoyable as a joke. That girl had breath like dog shit. It really irritated us how we’d dance face to face and she’d yawn in our faces. I try my best to lead her so she won’t open her mouth and say, “So, what now?” I also caught her chewing gum one day, so I thought that her breath would’ve calmed down and it didn’t. It was horrible. While, I recalled everything, I told Kim about it and she’d say I was being mean.

8 minutes flew by and we started dancing. It was open hand so no close contact, which was indeed very good. Then another few moments passed as we were dancing when they announced that we hand to do closed position dancing. It was awkward, cause I don’t really talk to girls, I don’t hug girls and they don’t hug me. It’s been that and for us to be holding each other like that irritated me.

We kept on dancing the same thing over and over until the bell rang, which was a total relieve. So, I escorted Kim back to her spot and said thank you such as the rules state.

We went into the locker room and everyone started taking their clothes off. I was slowly taking my clothes off. I was in no rush to finish with my shower. As I take my time Waldo goes and tells us his time with that girl. By the next 10 minutes we finish and head out to wait for the bell to ring and we could head out to lunch.

David pops out of nowhere and says, “You know, you and Kim look cute together.” I give him a straight face and I told him “Don’t even think about it.” Of course from there, that alone made me think about relationships again.