Sequel: Hate Is A Strong Word

Damn, I Hate You

Of Course

"Jaimie! Jaimie?" a pleading voice was next to me. I looked up to a dark room. What the hell. In front of me Deryk was lying, his face full of pain. What was going on?

"Uh, can you be a lil more gentle? Those are kinda fragile, considering a couple are broken." he said, pointing to his ribcage, which I was squeezing intensely.

"Oh. Sorry." I said, loosening my hold on him. He pulled me into him.

"It's ok." he said, readjusting his jacket so it was more of a blanket over me. "Bad dream?"

"Yeah. I dreamt that your dad was beating you up and then shot me..." his arms instinctively tightened around me and I could hear his heartbeat increase as I was pulled towards his chest.

"That'll never happen. I won't let it." He assured me, caressing my back tenderly. It was weird how a guy could grow up with no love and yet could demonstrate such affection after only a few days. Maybe he's thought about it a lot.

"What if a time comes when it's out of your control?" I asked, my vioce grim.

"Even if I'm dead, my body will land on you so it can sheild you from whatever happens." he promised.

"Don't say that. I don't want to think of you dying." I said, burying my head into him so he could feel how close I wanted to be with him.

"I understand. So was there anything happy about the dream?" he asked, trying to make me happy.

"Well, I should've known it was a dream. You wore girl clothes." I suddenly laughed at how ridiculous it was that I could believe that were reality.

"Haha, I bet I looked pretty hot, though." he smiled down at me.

"No. You looked like a cheap man-whore in Hollywood trying to get laid." I smiled back at him. He didn't bother pretending to look hurt.

"Hey, I'd rather hear that than find that you prefer me to look like that. I wanna make you happy, but not to that extent." he laughed. God, I love his smile. He brought a steady hand to my cheek and wiped it. His hands were so rough, but when they stroked me, I couldn't even feel past the emotion behind them. He was being as gentle as he could.

"Whoa, must've been a really emotional dream." he commented. I hadn't even felt the tears on my cheek when he said that. Suddenly I felt embarrassed. I was a bit crazy right now. He pulled me into him. Then looked into his pocket.

"Go back to sleep, babe. You don't have to wake up for another four hours, alright?" he said. It must be about two thirty, assuming he wakes up when I do.

"Gladly." I said, and he pulled me beneath his protective chest and arms. His jacket wasn't needed to keep me warm, we were so close by now.

"And don't worry. You can't have bad dreams because I'm here to protect you. Just go back to sleep and think happy thoughts." he yawned and within moments, he was back into a deep sleep. It was hard for me to not follow in suit.
♠ ♠ ♠
psh, as if i were gonna end it like the last chapter suggested!

well, i was, but then i thought you'd hate me for torturing deryk too much, so i'll extend my creativity, mkay? thanks for readin.