Sequel: Hate Is A Strong Word

Damn, I Hate You

Detention

"Oh really? And what would that be?" I dared her. Come on, I'd just torn down the lady who'd been ruining my sophomore year in front of everyone! If I was going down, I was going down in history! Don't ruin this for me, bitch!

"I'm glad that she decided we would be partnered with the person next to us." Jaimie said, shaking as she stood up. I guess I had stood up in the heat of the moment and she was standing to get closer to my height and look me in the eyes. Whoa, I really don't want to do this in front of a classroom of people... Fuck it.

"And why would that be? Because you got an opportunity for an easy A with a partner as good as me?" I asked, trying to sound cocky to please the crowd. A few girls blushed to hear how smart I was, a select few who hated me let out a disgusted breath, and my guy friends all laughed. Yeah, if she was going to do this, I'm not going to make it easy!

"No. Because I love you. And you love me. And you know you love me. And the fight we had this morning was bull shit, both of us know that! Please, don't do this! Don't stay angry at me. Now that I've had you, I need you. Don't- don't- just-" I couldn't take it. Her eyes were welling with tears and a few started to spill down her cheeks. I couldn't stop myself.

I jumped over my chair and across my desk. "Shhh, shhh, it's ok. I forgive you." I forgot the class was there. I forgot my teacher was writing me a referral while I was distracted. All I could think was that she was hurt and it was my fault this time. The one thing I'd never wanted to do. "It's ok, baby."

"What the hell?" one of my friends yelled across the class.

"Ah, shuddup." I yelled over Jaimie's head. Her tears were warm against my chest, which was where her face instinctively burried. Was she hiding from the class or just happy to be with me again? Maybe both. I kind of wish I had a chest to hide in at this point.

"Here." My teacher thrust a referral to me. "Take her with you. I don't want my class being disrupted by you two anymore today. Everyone needs to work on thier projects." God, what a heartless bitch! I pulled Jaimie away reluctantly and wiped a tear from her eye.

"Come on." I said, picking up her backpack for her and then slinging my own over my shoulder.

"I love you, Deryk!" A couple girls yelled at me. So many were staring at Jaimie jealously and a few were asking thier boyfriends in the class why they couldn't be like me. God, I don't want rumors today! I'm going to be swamped with people after school.

Once we were in the hallway out of the noisy classroom, I went back to holding her. "I'm so sorry." She said into me.

"Why? It's ok. I forgive you. All that in there that went down... It could've been prevented if I had acted differently." I admitted. Don't feel bad! That's why I'm here!

"But I got mad for no reason! I don't even know why I was defending Ashley!" she cried harder into my shirt. I pulled her into a tighter grip. I was worried for a second that I was suffocating her in my hold, but she returned the hug, so I assumed it was ok.

"Listen to me. I understand. Why do you think I don't tell anyone about my home life? I mean, yeah, I'm scared of change and of moving, but the ultimate reason is that he's family. You have to protect family." I said. She had lightened up on the crying.

"But then everything that went on in the classroom- God you're going to get harrassed for that- I was overreacting and I'm just so stupid and impulsive-"

"You're not stupid. Don't ever say you are. You're really smart. I mean, look at how good your poetry's gotten! And you're really sweet and loving, and I hate to admit this, but I need you. I need you more than I've ever needed anyone. My day's been hell with just the thought that you were gone. That's why I got in the argument. And I know I was a jerk at first, but I couldn't handle thinking... God I don't even know. I'm so sorry. It's ok, though, baby." I was confessing everything. My heart was once again being poured into her listening ears. Yes, everything was good again.

"I just wish I could take that all back. Re-do it, ya know?" She asked, her crying finally over.

"Yeah. I'm gonna get a lot of girls asking about you, a lot of guys telling me to tone it down so they don't look bad; you're gonna get tons of girls talkin to you about how jealous they are..." I mused. She burried her head again.

"I love you." She mumbled.

"I know. I love you too." I said, sighing and pulling her in closer, swaying a little bit with her. How am I supposed to stand still? I'm finally telling her how much she means to me. I'm crazy!

"Hey, what are you two doing out of class?" Peter, the world's stupidest security guard asked.

"Wanna give us a lift to the office?" I tried. He was in the golf-cart anyways.

"Yeah, right." he said and drove away. "Get there, soon, though. I'll be checking to make sure you went."

"What a dick." I said loud enough for him to hear.

"Excuse me? What was that?" he turned, looking back at me.

"You heard me. Hey, I'm going to the office anyways." I smiled at him darkly. Jaimie punched me lightly in the stomach.

"Be good. We're going, we're going." she said, turning her attention to Peter, breaking away from me and holding my hand to guide me to the office.

"Well, lay off the PDA!" he called after us.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" I turned to him and then planted a big kiss on Jaimie. He drove away, sick of me. He'd hated me since last year when I called him a dumbass for trying to hit me with the golf-cart. He was a fat ass for needing it in such a small school anyway! Haha.

"If I didn't love that so much, I would hit you for being stupid." Jaimie said as we continued to walk.

"No, you wouldn't. You'd be scared of me if you didn't love me this much." I smiled down at her.

"Don't give yourself so much credit. Just because half the school does-"

"I rest my case. So this you're first referral?" I asked her.

"Yup. But I don't mind." She assured me.

"Whoa, who's influencing who in this relationship? You sure you want your sister knowing you're dating a bad boy?" I asked to bug her.

"Ugh, please. It's too soon to joke about this." she rolled her head back.

"It's never too soon for jokes, baby. Life's a joke. Lighten up." I said, rubbing her neck a little. Yeah, things were good again.
♠ ♠ ♠
happy? haha, total movie status, I know. i'm disappointed i did that, too. kinda losing my touch... hmmm, but cliche is so my style right now, ya know? tell me what you think!

later. thanks for reading