Sequel: Hate Is A Strong Word

Damn, I Hate You

Just Do It

"DERYK!" I yelled as I saw him walking onto the school grounds. I was so worried after he just hung up on me last night. It was scary- I had no idea what had happened and whenever I tried calling back, it went straight to voicemail.

I pounced on him and wrapped my arms around his neck while he caught me and held me tightly. "You trying to kill me here? God, feels like I'm in love with a football player!" He grunted but didn't lose his grip on me. I love the feeling of his muscular arms around me. I feel so safe and warm when he does that. His spikes were poking at my face, but I couldn't help but rest my head on his. He lowered me gently to the ground. "And what did I do to deserves such a warm welcoming this morning?"

"Hello, you never got back to me last night. All the things I thought had happened- Don't do that, you jerk!" I said, and slapped him playfully in the side. He winced, me forgetting he was still healing from earlier this week.

"I'm sorry. Apparently I'm forgiven, though."

"What did you do? I thought you were, like, freaking out at first. Then I thought your dad came in the room. I didn't wanna go to find you in your house unless I found you were absent today, though. Then I would've gone insane."

"Damn, I should've skipped just for the fun of watching you go crazy!" He joked.

"Not funny!" I laughed despite my efforts. God, he's such a... He's Deryk. There's no other way to say it. "So you're telling him, right? Nothing happened to change your mind last night?"

"Yeah, I'm gonna tell him. I want to, by now. I mean, my dad basicallly kicked me out. I don't have much of a choice anyways." he informed me. I was reminded of last night's conversation.

"I'm so happy for you." I said, giving him a big close hug. He was so much looser than when I'd first hugged him. His muscles relaxed and he let himself wrap around my waist. I burried my face in his chest.

He sighed over my hair. "Don't be happy 'til it's over. This is going to take a lot of time and legal issues and shit." He sounded so worried and annoyed already.

"But it's worth it. You need this, Deryk." I reminded him.

"I thought all I needed was you."

"Stop sweet talking me. You're going to make me cry at school!" I smiled up at him.

"I'm sorry." He said and kissed me. It had just dawned on me that we were standing in the middle of the hallway in front of the office. It wasn't a big deal, but there were plenty of students watching us as we did it. Definatly girls. Some were jealous, others were swooning over Deryk and praying that one day that would be them; a few were just happy to see him in such a romantic mood contrary to his typical "Fuck you" attitude. I'm so lucky!

Then the bell rang. "Tell him!" I said, as I forced myself away from him and started walking to class.

"Of course." He yelled back.

*********

*****************

**********

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked a bit rudely as I found Deryk in the seat next to mine in fifth period.

"You mean you aren't happy to see me?" he smiled. God, he's so gorgeous. Don't fall for it; he needs to talk to Mr. B, not sit around in class all day... That sounded so much more irrepsonsible than it should have.

"You know what I mean, baby." I said, giving him a look. He cowered in his seat. He must really hate disappointing people by now.

"I'm sorry. Mrs. Rodriguez gave me the day off of In-House and wanted to make sure that I came to this class especially! I'll talk to him afterschool. I promise." He assured me. His deep brown eyes were soft and warming as he said this; not evil like they used to be when he stared at me. And to think, most girls hate change.

"Alright, whatever. You better, though." I warned him.

"Ah, Deryk. I see you've joined us today. Today you get the pleasure of presenting!" Mrs. Frankford said, making an effort to single him out.

"Oh boy. Can't wait! Do I get to start immediatly?" he asked, sarcasm soaked words.

"Whenever you and your partner are ready." she dared him. Then she gave me a glance, hating me a little bit more after Wednesday's scene.

"Let's go." I said, and we walked up to the middle of the class.
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah, fillers. every story has them, but i'm updating right now, so don't hate me. =P