Sequel: Hate Is A Strong Word

Damn, I Hate You

I Love Him!

"Hey, so how's it goin'?" I asked as I saw him approach the school. We were arriving at the same time- two minutes before tardy each- so it seemed only appropriate that I strike a conversation.

"Not too bad. How 'bout with you?" he asked looking at me. His skin had a constantly changing complexion. Maybe I just never looked at it enough... Impossible. I loved looking at him. He's so beautiful and dark and seems like-

"Hurry to class, you two." Came the voice of a security guard.

"Hey, watch where you drive that golf-cart, lazy bum!" he yelled as the security's golf cart barely dodged him.

"Hey, you can't talk to me like that." The man said, pulling his cart to a stop.

"And you can't endanger me. School is supposed to be an environment in which I feel safe, and by the way you're driving, I feel the exact opposite." he started. God, he makes a fight out of everything, but he does it so well. He should be a lawyer... No, he's too nice.

"Do you want to discuss this with the assistant principal?" The security guard threatened.

"Dude, that's like me asking you if you feel like getting laid off. Or at least you getting suspension of some sort. You're hindering my entrance to class and in addition to that, you're putting me in the line of danger by driving like that!" he replied. The security guard was indignant, but I must admit, Deryk make a point with this one.

"Get to class, dummy."

"You can't talk to me like that, either! Geez, how is it that the easiest job at this school you still manage to do wrong?" Deryk asked rhetorically and began walking away. I walked at his side. It was clear that the security guard had no intent to pursue this argument, so we walked away freely.

"You get away with everything." I admired aloud.

"Nah, not everything. I'm just good enough at talking that I can try to. Sometimes people still get the best of me." he said, staring straight ahead but his eyes unable to focus.

"What are you talking about? I've never seen you lose!" I marveled.

"Well, it's like this. There are some authority figures who's status is too high for my words to even be heard. It's as though no matter how hard I try, I can't fix anything by talking. I mean, that's how the world is, though, which is why no one impeached Bush. Everyone was against him, but single voices mean nothing. We should'a rioted or united somehow to over-throw him." He rambled. God, he's so damn smart!

"I guess everyone's gotta have one arch enemy." I said.

"Yup."

"So who's yours?" I asked, a bit tentatively.

"Whoever gets in my way. Whoever doesn't listen. Whoever uses force instead of brains, because even though I'm strong physically and mentally, my brain definatly is my higher power..." he replied diplomatically. So he doesn't want to admit it.

I looked over to him. He was staring at me. The bell rang. "You're late." He said.

"Your point?" I asked, trying to sound bold.

"Might as well not bother walking in late to first." he dared me.

"True dat." I agreed. He looked over at a gate, not quite a fence or easy to hop.

"I'll give you a boost and we can come back in an hour." He offered. What do I have to lose? He's perfect. He'll protect me from trouble. He's so rebellious and seems so experienced in this. He can't get caught. He can protect me from it. He can make everything in the world. good. I love him.