Don't Get Close

I'm Giving In to You

Lucy cringed at the bloodcurdling scream that erupted from the television and hugged her knees closer to her chest. It was currently about 10:00 at night, and the guys thought it would be a good idea to pop in a horror movie and chill on the bus. Lucy never liked horror movies; they scared her to death. She purposely sat inbetween James and Mick because it made her feel safer to have the two biggest guys in the band on either side of her.

Another scream was heard as one of the girls was shot. Lucy whimpered and grabbed a hold of James’ arm. He looked down at her and gave her a reassuring smile. She smiled slightly in response before turning back to the screen.

“Woah! Did you see that?” Corey said from his spot on the floor and in front of the couch, next to Joey and Sid, “that girl got shot in the face!”

Joey gave a small laugh, “We saw it man. And it was kickass!”

The two high-fived and went back to watching the movie.

Serena rolled her eyes, though a smile was playing on her lips, “You guys are so immature.”

Fallen was currently cowering behind the sofa, peeking around the corner ever so often and giving a whine everytime Lucy whimpered.

"I don't think he likes seeing his owner scared," James said, glancing down at Fallen and then back to Lucy, "it makes him scared too."

Lucy sighed sadly, "I know but...I just can't deal with horror movies. They seem so...real sometimes."

"But they're not," James said, putting his hand on Lucy's knee that was leaning against him, "and besides, even if they were, I would come and save you before any zombies even got the chance to touch you."

"Yep," Joey said from his spot on the floor, "no one touches Jim's gir-"

He was cut off by a slap to the back of the head. He turned around to glare at James, who was glaring right back. The two stopped glaring and looked at each other apologetically. Lucy was completely oblivious because she buried her face in James' arm, trying to escape the sounds and sights the movie was bringing.

Joey tilted his head in the direction of Lucy and pretended to yawn, implying that James should put his arm around her instead of just let her hold his arm.

James rolled his eyes but complied, gently releasing his arm from Lucy's grip. She looked up at him helplessly, almost like a lost child. He put his arm around her and pulled her close to him.

Lucy was a bit surprised by his gesture, but was grateful, nonetheless. She wrapped her arms around his middle and rested her head on his chest. Even when sitting, he was a lot taller than her.

"Thanks, Jim," she whispered, low enough that no one but him could hear.

"Anytime."

Keeping her voice low, Lucy lifted her head to look at him, "Do you really mean that? Anytime?"

He took his eyes off the television and focused on Lucy, "What do you mean?"

She lowered her gaze and took a breath before whispering up at him again, "I mean, will you always be there like you say? Could you always comfort me? Would you?"

James thought for a moment, "Yeah. I would."

Lucy continued to look at him, blue-gray eyes staring into his own, "Really? You would do all that for me?"

He let a small smile creep onto his face, "Yep. But only for you."

Lucy stared at him, seemingly in a daze. She could feel his face getting closer and had the eerie feeling of déjà vu. This had all happened before...but this time, not even the room full of people would stop her from getting what she had been waiting for.

Their lips met in a short but sweet, and gentle kiss. Lucy wasn't even sure it happened, with the way his lips has ghosted over hers, but the look on James' face was enough to push her doubts aside.

He gave her a crooked smile and brushed some of her hair away before cupping her face in his hand and pulling her closer again. This time the kiss was longer and held more emotion as their lips moved in sync. Lucy's arm went around his neck and James used both hands to hold her face instead of just one.

Joey turned behind him to see how James was doing when he saw the two making out on the couch. He stared for a moment, unsure of what to say, before decided not to say anything. He glanced over to the other side of the sofa to see Serena continuing to watch the movie with wide eyes and Mick staring at the two sucking face next to him like they were aliens from another planet. Joey couldn't help but let out a small laugh, causing Corey to turn around and see what he was laughing at.

Corey watched the sight before him with his mouth half hanging open. He closed it only to open it again, but not saying anything. He turned to Joey and the two grinned at each other, sharing another high-five and turning around to watch the movie again. It was probably best to give the two some privacy anyway.

Well, as much privacy as you can get in a room with 9 other people.

Finally pulling away, his hands still on Lucy's face, James smiled at her and she smiled brightly in return. He let her go, choosing to wrap one arm around her shoulder while the other rested in his lap.

Lucy sighed, finally content. She rested her head on James' chest again but still didn't focus on the movie. She slid her hand into his and closed her eyes, hoping to block out some of the mental images the movie was producing. She couldn't wait until it was over...

--------------------------------------

Lucy let out a breath she didn't know she was holding and stood up off the couch quickly. She looked around for Fallen, hoping he didn't react as bad to the movie as she did.

"Geez, settle down Luce, it was just a movie," Serena said, peeking around Mick to watch Lucy practically run out of the room as the ending credits to the movie rolled.

"I know but....just...ugh!" She shivered involuntarily and walked out of the room, set off to find her 'baby'.

Serena shook her head, "I wonder about that girl sometimes."

Mick let out a laugh. The others piled out of the room to get snacks and take bathroom breaks before the next movie was put in, the movie Lucy picked out.

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective.

Mick and Serena were the only ones left.

Mick cleared his throat awkwardly, "So...Lucy and James finally got together."

Serena smiled, "So I saw."

She was happy the two had finally gotten over their stubborness and actually acted on their feelings. Although Serena wasn't sure that the middle of a horror movie was the best time. Ah well, whatever floated their boats.

Mick tapped his foot to the beat of the song in his head. He was trying to distract himself from the awkward air surrounding the two. He had no idea why it would be so uncomfortable; it never had been before.

He blamed having to sit next to Lucy and James during their make-out session.

Shawn and Chris walked into the room, followed by Sid who was carrying 5 bowls of popcorn, 3 one liter bottles of pop, a bag of jumbo marshmellows and a bad of gummy bears. At the same time.

Mick sighed. He wasn't sure Sid was 'all there' sometimes.

Serena, on the other hand, laughed and asked Sid if he needed any help. He shook his head and miraculously managed to set everything down on the floor without spilling or upsetting anything.

"Thos are some mad skills you got there, Sid," she said.

He nodded, "Yep. Years of being a DJ will give you those."

She laughed, "Nice."

The others started making their way into the room, everyone sitting in the same seats as before. Lucy came into the room with Fallen, who immediately jumped up on the couch and took Lucy's spot. James scratched him behind the ears and laughed.

Lucy scowled at him, "Don't do that! You'll encourage him!"

James shrugged, "There are other seats, you know."

She raised an eyebrow, "Like where?"

"Like right here," James said, smiling deviously and patting his lap.

Corey made a gagging noise and Serena slapped him upside the head. He glared at her and she stuck her tongue out at him.

Lucy couldn't help the giggle that escaped her lips as she sat on James' lap, "You're kinda comfy."

"So I've been told."

She looked at him strangely, "By who?"

"Mick," he stated seriously.

Mick narrowed his eyes at James, but couldn't hold it for long. He instead chose to flutter his eyelashes and put his hand on James' knee.

James cast a worried glance at Lucy, "Mick! Not here!"

Lucy couldn't hold her laughter in any longer and fell off of James' lap. Fallen jumped off after her and jumped on her, licking her face.

Soon the entire room was filled with the laughter of the guys and Serena and Lucy. Serena went to the floor to help get Fallen off, since James was too busy laughing to do it for her. She got on all fours and poked Fallen in the backside, causing him to turn around and jump on her instead. He sniffed around her face before giving her a big lick down the side of her face and getting off, choosing to jump on the sofa and sit on James instead.

"Oof," James said, not prepared for the impact of Fallen plopping down on his lap.

Lucy climbed back onto the couch and poked Fallen in the nose, "I think someone got jealous that I was hogging his man."

James laughed and looked at Fallen, who was staring back at him with watery eyes, almost like he was begging James to let him stay.

He sighed, "I'm sorry, Fall, for ignoring you."

Fallen licked James' face and turned around, laying down with his butt against James' chest. He set his head in his paws on James' knees and sneezed. Right in the direction of Joey.

"Oh gross, man!" Joey said, trying to wipe the dog slobber off of himself. He pointed at Lucy accusingly, "your dog just spewed all over me!"

She shrugged sheepishly, "Sorry?"

Fallen moved back, trying to situate himself on James more, He moved back far enough that his backside was shoved under James' neck, yet didn't seem to notice.

James frowned and looked down, "Fall, get your butt out of my face."

Fallen turned around and tilted his head to the side, looking at James curiously.

"That's right. You heard me, get your ass out of my face."

Fallen didn't move, but instead continued to stare at James. He blinked.

James sighed, "Nevermind."

Lucy held a hand over her mouth, trying not to laugh at James' predicament.

He turned to her, "You think this is funny?"

She giggled, "No, sir."

He smirked, "Did you just call me sir?"

Lucy felt the heat rush to her face. She turned away, "Pfft...no."

He smiled and took his gaze away from her, "I see."

Corey sighed, "Well. Right. Enough of that. Let's pop in the movie!"

James lifted his arm and put it around Lucy. She curled into him, stifling a luagh at how close the two were to Fallen and his butt, and rested her head on it.

James shook his head and laughed at Lucy, who was getting herself comfortable on Fallen's backside.

What a girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
ahh! chapter!
I hate writing sappy stuff...lol

oh well. hope you peeps like it anyway! :)
it took me a while to write this.
I kept changing it haha.

comments are love! :D

Title Credit = Giving In - Adema