My Knight in Shining...Ah, Screw It. He's an Egotistical Asshole.

(1) My Knight and Shinging...ah, screw it. He's a

;So you know the deal right? Move from one boring town, to the next. Where people wallow around in their new surroundings like lost puppies. Making friends with the stereotyped "cool kids". Where they find the man of their dreams and go celebrate in their perfect little house, with their perfect little familys. Right? WRONG.

My mom and I moved up here to Illinios, to escape from my former abusive home. Where i was beaten by my pathetic excuse for a father. He was more like a walking hangover, really. I would love to say he wasn't always like that, but i wouldn't know. i was 2 when my older brother died in a car crash that was caused by my piggheaded father. Ever since then he's been that cold hard person that reeked of stench & beer. Pathetic- like I said.

Our grandparents live close to the city we're in, that's why mom picked this place. It was nice sure, if you were a grown adult that didn't have to go through freaking highschool. This town wasn't nice until you knew who all lived here. I sighed, knowing that part of a new town wasn't very fun.

"Where here pumpkin." My mom ooed next to me. I put on a fake smile. The woman had already been through enough, losing a child, and gaining an abusive husband. She desurved all the enthusiasm i could give her. I got out of my mom's red jeep, and gazed at my new home. It wasn't big, but it wasn't super small. I assume my grandparent's helped her out a little bit, since mom didn't really have a steady job right now. It was an off-white, kind of tan-ish house. With white shutters, and pretty white door. It had two stories, and rows of windows, but only one single, window on the top floor.

'That's where you'll sleep, hun." Mom said, pointing to the second-story window.

"I'll be sleeping on the first floor." I nodded. Letting her know I understood. I walked around to the back of the house to see a warn-out tree house in one of the trees, and that the second floor, actually had a HUGE window in the back. It also had some-what of a patio, with chairs and stuff. I guess it's where we'd keep company. But I don't know about company, because neither I nor my mom had friends back at home.

Later, after exploring the sides of the house, and finding nothing there except the air conditioning vent, I grabbed my suitcase out of the back of the jeep. I walked into the house, and immediately liked what i saw. It was homie, comfy, with a quant little fireplace, and coffee table. Something we didn't have back home. I smiled, walking up the steps to the second floor. It was just a tiny little hallway, and a door. I opened the door to a nice light blue room. The bed was in the far right corner, and it had a desk on the left-hand wall. A perfect place to set my laptop later I thought to myself. Then there was a door to the bathroom, beside the desk- on the left wall as well. The dresser was next to me on the south wall, and it was the same color furniture as the bed frame, and desk- mahogany.

I set my suitcase on the bed, and began unpacking. I put all my undergarmets into one drawer, pj's in another, same with the socks, normal clothes, and so on. Then i dismembered my toiletries into the bathroom, until I had finished. It was already dusk when I looked out the big window. I went down the stairs, to turn on the TV.

"Hey mom, i'm kinda hungry. Do we have anything to munch on?" I yelled to an empty house. I walked into the small, yet humble kitched, and peeled a note off of the refrigerator, and examined it.

Toby,

went to the grocery to get us some food.

Love, mom.

Ha. It was like she read my mind. I decided not to watch TV, but to walk around the neighborhood. I was sure i saw a sign for some kind of park, a street or two away. So i walked down my street, and onto the next. As i ended the next, i was shocked by the HUGE house that was placed at it's corner. Holy freaking crap. It had those fancy gates that you have to ask permession to enter, and pure white brick. You'd think the brick would be red, or gray because of the dirt that get's onto the white brick-but no. It was white. Perfectly, spotless and white. I sighed, looking at all the windows, and the nicely laid out garden, and fountains in the huge yard, of this HUGE house. I felt a pang in my stomach, knowing the people that lived here probably had both parents, who were perfectly in love and perfectly sane. Who had all the friends, and the town's attention. Something I always thought might be nice to have. I love my mom, and wouldn't trade her for anything of course, but I wondered what it would feel like to be in their shoes for a day or two. I tore my gaze away, and kept walking. I didn't need to get myself carried away with things such as that. Dreaming only lets you down.

My mood swerved for the better when I saw a sign that said "Naughtingham Park". I turned my walk into a slight jog, as i crossed the street, and followed the park's trail. I hoped to find a playground or something i could sit & swing at. Sure enough, when you went past the tennis courts, and onto where the trail splits into mini detours, there was a playground. I jogged over to it, looking at all the different people. People I didn't know. They were walking there dogs, riding bikes or playing tennis. I smiled shyly at the ones that were looking back. But quickly adverted my attention to the swings, and sat down. I lifted my legs, and bent them, again and again until i reached my desired height. I closed my eyes, as the moving scenery haulted under the darkness of my eyelids. I smiled to myself, and laughed as the wind tickled my face and whispered in my ear. I breathed in deep, taking in the smell of nature, and a hot summer's day. I was glad they had a swing here. I use to play on it with my brother when I was younger, and again when my dad was in a bad mood and mom wasn't home from work yet. I sighed, remembering my happy experiences. Maybe this place wouldn't be so bad, or as hard as I thought it would be. Just maybe....
♠ ♠ ♠
Please, if you care about my sanity. Give me some feedback. =)
even if it's negative. Like "NEVER WRITE AGAIN!" k?
sound fair enough? thanks!