My Knight in Shining...Ah, Screw It. He's an Egotistical Asshole.

(16) My Knight and Shining...ah, screw it. He's a

I stood there stunned for a moment longer, before my senses came rushing back, and I put my books into my locker, closed the door and headed for the bus.
I felt hot with anxiety. Who was it? My Dad? Cody? Max? Jacob? It wasn’t Blaire, unless she was a lesbian? But I didn’t think that of much a possibility, the way she batted her eyelashes at Adam.
“Toby… you ok?” Max asked. I nodded sheepishly. I was scared, what if it was my dad. Wanting to kidnap me while my mom was out of town? What if the whole meeting had been a trap? Was it safe to be alone tonight? My head pounded as I struggled for answers to all my questions.
“Yea. I’m alright, you know I’m coming to your house right?”
“What? Why?” Max asked, his forehead scrunching.
“I’m helping Jacob out with our project.”
“Fine. But be careful, just holler if he puts any moves on you.” Max said through clenched teeth.
I laughed briefly. “Will do Max, will do.”
“Good.”
When we got off the bus, I hesitantly took advancing steps towards the big, hated, white house. I had to keep vomit from coming up my throat as I noticed the gardener’s cutting the grass with scissors, and how they had maid’s roaming around everywhere.
PATHETIC.
I stopped at the edge of the pathway, right before the stairs. Max walked past me to the door, and opened it. But he stopped and turned his head around.
“You coming?”
I managed a polite. “Mhmm.” Resisting the urge to say F*CK NO!
The place was more fantasticly-huge on the inside.
Two spiral staircases that led to the main entrance, white marble floor, and pure white walls with gold embroidery.
If you looked closely, you could see the gold speckles scattered across the marble that made up the stairwell.
“I’m going to get something to eat, you want anything?” Max asked, heading towards an opening in the gigantic room.
I nodded, feeling a tad out of place here. As I followed max single-filed down the long hallway I could see there was a study room all out of mahogany wood. It had two double glass doors that led out to what looked like a garden. I couldn’t decipher what else made up the room, as I was still following Max. We passed one more room before we made it to the kitchen, it was a huge dance floor room, with a professional black dancing floor across it. It had a disco ball, and multiple strobe lights, and a giant DJ stand in the front. It had a table with a black clothe that had what looked like food and refreshments already laid out upon it. No one was in there as far as I could tell, but it was definitely set up for the party they were throwing later. Streamers made me want to gag anyways…so who cares.
Max halted in front of another opening that led to a kitchen. It had red and gray granite countertops that actually went very well with the rest of the kitchen. The table was a cherry colored wood, and had a few seats on it. Some people were sitting in them chatting, who most likely looked like house keeping of some sort. They had gray outfits on, and red handkerchiefs stuffed in their pockets, and one man, who was standing at the stove, had a big red hat on, that also matched the outline of the kitchen. The rest of the floor was black tile, and the walls were off-white.
“Senior’ Maxa!” Said the man with the big red hat. He had a really neat Italian accent.

“Hello Roberto.” Max greeted, and I feebly nodded my head once at him, letting a warm smile play itself across my lips.
“What a prettya, ladyeea, you’vea gotta therea!” He said, his accent burning thick through his words. I felt a blush creep upon me, in front of all these people.
“She is pretty, isn’t she?” Max beamed at me. I suddenly felt awkward. If they knew the bitch I could be, they would not be saying such kind words.
“We’re just hear to grab a few sliced apples, and we’ll be on our way.” Max said, heading over to a giant gray fridge.
“SLICED APPLES?” I squeaked. Mom use to make my brother and me those when we were little, and he was still alive. She use to give us a side of peanut butter with it, too.
Max hesitated and turned around. I bit my lip, not wanting to say what I was going to say, rudely.
“Do you by chance have any, peanut butter.”
“SI SENIORA!” The chef said, shuffling a door that looked somewhat like it might lead to a pantry. Indeed it did, because he went in and came back out with JIFF peanut butter. I smiled.
“Thank you.” I said, walking over and grabbing the peanut butter from his hands.
Max grabbed a knife and a tiny bowl and handed it to me. I scooped out some peanut butter, as he cut up some apples.
“You cut nicely.” I said, noticing his steady hand.
“Uh, thanks?” He said, raising an eyebrow.
“What? Just saying…” I trailed off.
“Alright follow me, we have a terrace out here.” He said once he was done cutting, motioning to a double door that you could barely see in the next room.
He lead me past a giant table that looked like it could fit thirty people in the dining room, and all these really pretty paintings to the two glass doors.
“It’s pretty out here.” He said, turning the knobs. He opened the doors, and the bright sun lit up the room. I followed Max out to the terrace, and he led me over to a spot with a few chairs and a tiny table. Well, not really tiny to me, but tiny compared to the other table’s I’ve seen so far.
“We can eat here.” He said, taking a seat in the terrace chair. I followed suit, and snuggled my way comfortably, into the chair, setting the bowl of peanut butter on the table. I grabbed an apple, and began dipping it in the peanut butter. I stuffed it in my mouth, and smiled childishly up at Max, who himself, was grabbing and dipping his own slice of apple.

He chuckled. “What made you want to get peanut butter?” He asked, taking his first bite.

“My mom use to make this snack for my brother and I when we were younger.” I said, trying not to look un-lady-like with the apple shoved in my pie-hole.
“Oh. Is in college or something? ‘Cause I don’t think I’ve seen another one of you wondering around the school grounds” Max asked.

“Maybe he’s there, maybe he’s here now, who knows. He died in a car crash when I was like three of four.” I said, silencing my sentence with an apple bite.

“Oh. I’m so sorry…” Max suddenly stopped chewing.
“It’s ok. It’s been like twelve years, I don’t cry about it anymore, no need to be sorry.” I said, taking my chance to dip me some more peanut butter.

“Well…” He said, grabbing another apple slice, rolling it in a lot of peanut butter, and holding it up to the sky.
“Here’s to your brother, who should be enjoying this snack with us right now.” He said to no one in particular.

I just laughed. Max was a good friend.
“Thanks.” I said after we both finished our slices.
Thinking of my brother, only made me relive memories of my dad. It scared me to know he might have written that note.

“Hey Max…. if I ask you something, can you not make a big deal about it?” I asked, slowly pulling the piece of paper out of my pocket.
“’Course.” He said, scooting his chair closer.
“Alright, well I got this note in my locker, and I wanted to make sure it wasn’t anyone’s handwriting you knew.” I said, showing the tiny white paper in my hands.
Max eyed it suspiciously and opened it up.
“Whoa. First of all whoever wrote this had to be a major creepster.” Max said, raising an eyebrow at the sheet.

“But I’m sorry that I don’t know who wrote this. It’s not Jacobs, or Adams, or any familiar handwriting I’ve seen before.” Max said still examining it.
“Oh. Ok. It’s probably just a stupid prank.”
I could feel perspiration build in my palms at the image of my dad showing up at my doorstep and beating me while my mom was away. Or worse, kidnapping me and taking me where no one could find us, not even mom.

Max sighed. “Toby, I really think you should come to the party, I don’t think whoever wrote that meant it as a joke. You’d be safer around your friends.” He said softly. Well, I guess he was right. But maybe I could convince Blaire to just go home early, and let me stay at her house until my mom gets back in town. I didn’t want to show up to the party in casual wear.

“I don’t know what I’d do if anything bad happened to you. I mean I know we’ve only known each other for a few days, but I really feel like we get along easily.” Max smiled.
“Yea, me too. Alright, I’ll see if I can go somewhere, and not stay home alone tonight.” I said to Max, trying to comfort both him and me.
“Thanks. You’ll have more fun there.” He answered me reassuringly.
“I’m already having fun with peanut butter.” I smiled mischievously.
“Really? I didn’t know a snack could so such a…” Before he could finish his sentence, I had grabbed a giant scoop of peanut butter with my hand, and dabbed it on his nose.

“AGHH!!” Max screamed.

“YOU’LL PAY FOR THAT ONE, COME HERE!” He said, jumping from the terrace chair, and grabbing a piece of peanut butter.
“MAX NO! AHH!” I screamed childishly as I ran away from the furious man, loaded with peanut butter. He smiled micheveously as he came after me. I ran into the grass, and he followed, he was gaining up on me, and before I knew it. I felt something hit the back of my head. I gasped.
“MAX YOU DIDN’T!” I yelled, feeling the back of my head as I turned to face him. But sure enough, there was sticky, gooey, peanut butter there.
"I think I did." He teased.
I pulled my hand back to see the brown material all over it. I walked up to Max and smeared it all in his hair.
“That’s what you get.” I smiled playfully at him.
“Then what do you get?” He said, taking small steps towards me.
“Max… what are you doing?” I asked, and he took his hand out from his back, and reached forward to smother me with more peanut butter. I thankfully dodged it and headed for the terrace again. I jumped onto it, and slowly back away from Max.
“Max, I won’t get ready for the party if you get my hair soaked in peanut butter, it’d take hours to come out. I’m already going to have problems with this.” I said, pulling up strands that were covered in the gooey substance.
I felt the wall hit my back, as I was cornered. I looked for escapes as Max’s figures came closer and closer. I evil grin across his face. I tried to run past him and escape my punishment, but he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me to him.
I laughed wildly, screaming as he smothered it on my cheek
“You big monkey, now I smell like peanut butter!” I argued.

“Aughhhhmm…” Said a voice close to us. My head darted up to see Jacob standing there with hatred easily read in his eyes. He glared at Max and me, and I suddenly felt awkward having Max’s arm around my waist like this.
“I’m sorry to say, that this isn’t my room. So I don’t understand why you’re out here, while I’ve been waiting in my room for over thirty minutes.” Jacob said, his tone shaking with anger.
I straightened myself up, and hesitantly walked toward Jacob.
“Sorry. Where’s your bathroom?” I asked.
“MARIE!” Jacob yelled through the door.
Then a few moments later a petite girl with brown hair came out, in uniform.
“Please escort Toby to the restroom, I need to have a little chat with my cousin.” Jacob said, his voice a little less harsh. I gulped and mouthed a ‘sorry’ to Max as I retreated into the house. Max’s face was hard and angry, but he smiled at me and shrugged his shoulders as I left.

The young maid led me to a tiny half bath, with peach walls and pretty granite countertops.
“Uh, thanks.” I smiled uneasily. She nodded and left. I washed my face diligently, and tried my best to comb the peanut butter out of my hair with my fingernails.
After that, I just sat on the toilet, waiting for Jacob to come get me. I wonder what could be taking them so long?

(TWO MORE POINTS OF VIEWS. YAYYY!)

-Jacob’s p.o.v

I was sitting and waiting in my room for Toby to get home. I knew Max would probably send her right up to my room, because I told him after school that she was doing a project with me and I wanted her to be sent- right away, to my room. I played a few new Escape The Fate songs, waiting for her to come.
I waited…and waited and waited. Heck. I knew I didn’t follow the speed limit and I drove pretty fucking fast out of school, but I didn’t think the bus was this slow.
I finally decided to ask someone if they had seen the bus arrive yet when my CD player had finished playing the last CD. I angrily grabbed my car keys, wondering if the damn bus had broken down somewhere, and I would have to come retrieve her. I smiled.

Just like a Knight should… I thought. That reminded me, I hope she liked that CD I copied for her. Her reaction told me she did. The breathtaking smile she gave away almost left me speechless. It felt good being nice to her, and I didn’t mind at all that the only reward I would get was her beautiful smiles. I descended the staircase and walked into the kitchen.
“Hey Roberto, have you seen a pretty girl come off the bus with my-.” I paused. I could hear voices, and giggling. It was a girl giggle, I knew that much. I followed it into the dining room and stopped dead in my tracks at what I saw through the glass doors.
Max. He was covered in what looked like peanut butter, and was smiling at something. His smile is what confused me, because I don’t think Max ever smiles that big unless… I looked over to the giggling figure, and anger jolted through me. Toby was standing there playfully retreating from Max and the peanut butter in his hand. She looked happy. Pain flowed over me as she smiled at him. God how many times I wish she would just smile at me.
I had really hoped that she had felt all that I had felt today in theater. Looking into the dark depths of her eyes. They captivated me. I felt like I was floating in space, but not lonely and scared like most people would be in space. I felt like I was home. I felt complete and the feeling was amazing. I had never wanted a feeling as strongly as I wanted that one. I wanted to be with Toby at all times. To feel that feeling, to hold her closer and closer, to kiss those soft lips that were barely parted. Her pupils were dialated and staring straight into mine. She had never looked so vulnerable, and yet at the same time- so completely amazing. A new hunger grew inside me to claim her to be mine. All mine. So no one would ever take this feeling away from me.
Now looking at Max and her, my heart could have stabbed itself. It was throbbing, panging inside me. I wanted her to be happy… but with me. Not him. He was taking her away from me. He new something was between us in history, and now he ignored my instructions to take her up to my room, and tried to flirt with her on his own. Well this stopped. NOW.
I opened the doors, and stepped outside. Only to be even more furious as his hands snaked their way to her waist.

“I’m sorry to say, that this isn’t my room. So I don’t understand why you’re out here, while I’ve been waiting in my room for over thirty minutes.” I said, trying to keep my voice in check, when I really wanted to scream.
Toby hesitantly stood up and walked over to me. I suddenly felt bad that she was scared of me.
“Sorry. Where’s your bathroom?” She asked, barely keeping eye-contact. I looked her up and down; noticing how her hot outfit she had been wearing today, was now covered in peanut butter.

“MARIE!” I yelled inside, as the maid came out obediently. I felt bad for asking her to do something, but I knew Toby wouldn’t have the attention span to find a bathroom.

“Please escort Toby to the restroom, I need to have a little chat with my cousin.” I said, glaring daggers at Max who returned them all the same, that is until he looked at Toby and smiled. UGH! I just wanted her to leave so I could yell at him.

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?” I screamed at him.

“I’M HANGING OUT WITH A FRIEND, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? He said, with the same heated passion that I had.

“I’VE BEEN WAITING IN MY ROOM FOR HALF A HOUR!”

“YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO DIRECT HER TO MY ROOM!!” I said, coming closer to Max.

“WELL, WE WERE HUNGRY.” He defended.

“WHY DO YOU CARE ANYWAYS?” He asked, eyeing my suspiciously.

“Are you jealous?” His eyed widened and mouth dropped.

“Oh my God. DO YOU LIKE HER?” He asked, becoming angry again.

“YES. I DO. SO STAY AWAY FROM HER!” I roared, clenching my teeth together.

“NO. YOU STAY AWAY FROM HER!” He replied.

“EXCUSE ME?” I said, blinking in disbelief. He was telling me I couldn’t talk to the only girl I’ve ever loved?

“YOU HEARD ME. YOU TREAT GIRLS LIKE TRASH, AND I CARE ABOUT TOBY. I. AM. NOTTTT. LETTING YOU TREAT HER THAT WAY.”

I suddenly understood why he was mad, I had in fact in the past been a womanizer. But I hadn’t even dreamt of treating Toby in that way. Never had it once crossed my mind.

“I wouldn’t dare.” I spat at him.

“YOUR FULL OF BULLSHIT JACOB. I GREW UP WITH YOU REMEMBER? YOU’RE FUCKING FULL OF IT, AND I DON’T BELIEVE YOU. I’M N.O.T LETTING YOU HURT HER! ‘CAUSE I CARE ABOUT HER.” His words made me more and more mad. He didn’t know how much I cared about her. Was he blind? I never fight over girls; he knows she’s different.

“IF I DIDN’T CARE ABOUT HER, WOULD I BE OUT HERE RIGHT NOW, DYING TO RIP YOUR HEAD OFF!?” I spat

“I love her...” I said, bowing my head at the ground.

“Whatever. Think what you want… but what you’re feeling is a lie. You only say you love her until you’ve had your way with her.” He said, and rushed past me into the house.

How could he say that? Damn him. He was probably going to tell Toby about my reputation and make it harder for me to win her over. I was sure this was WAY beyond anything I’ve ever felt before. That was the truth. This girl had me straight up sprung.

Max’s p.o.v (WOO! Haha)

Toby was perfect, in every way. She always made me laugh, and her rebellious side only made me more attracted to her. It felt so right when I was corning her into the wall. I wanted to pin her there and kiss her, but I knew that that would be too strong of a move.
She tried to be smart and make a run past me, but I scooped my hand out, and grabbed her by her waist. Her laughing echoed sweetly in my ear as I didn’t remove my hand. She probably thought it was a playful move, but to me… it was so much more.

“Aughhmm…” I closed my eyes, recognizing the voice of my cousin. He always had to ruin everything. I let out a slow sigh. I could tell he had his predator eyes on her. But I wasn’t going to let him use her like that. Nope, not me.

I frowned when Toby squirmed out of my grasp on her waist. Smiling in satisfaction as Jacob stared deathly at my hand that was wrapped around her.

“I’m sorry to say, that this isn’t my room. So I don’t understand why you’re out here, while I’ve been waiting in my room for over thirty minutes.” He said, his voice shaking. Aww. Was pore wittle Jacob going to throw a temper-tantrum? Toby slowly approached him.

“Sorry. Where’s your bathroom?” She asked, quietly. Look what he was doing, she was scared of him now. Idiot.

“MARIE!” He yelled calling out to one of our servants.

“Please escort Toby to the restroom, I need to have a little chat with my cousin.” He told her, monotone. His glare was received by another glare by me. Yeah we were going to have a little ‘chat’. He ruined my fucking moment! Toby turned around and mouthed sorry to me. I smiled, looking at her angelic face. I shrugged my shoulders to let her know that it was ok. As her and the maid retreated, Jacob approached me, seething with anger.

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?” He roared violently.

“I’M HANGING OUT WITH A FRIEND, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” I accused. He needed to stay away from her.

“I’VE BEEN WAITING IN MY ROOM FOR HALF A HOUR!” He screamed.

“YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO DIRECT HER TO MY ROOM!!” he said, coming closer.

“WELL, WE WERE HUNGRY.” I defended.

“WHY DO YOU CARE ANYWAYS?” I asked, eyeing him oddly. Why did he care, he never cares about girls. Does that mean he ACTUALLY liked her? .

“Are you jealous?” I asked, astounded

“Oh my God. DO YOU LIKE HER?” I said, noticing his sudden pause.

“YES. I DO. SO STAY AWAY FROM HER!” He yelled, growing angrier. Rage boiled through me. HE COULDN’T LIKE HER! I DID. She was going to be mine

“NO. YOU STAY AWAY FROM HER!” I growled, right into his face.

“EXCUSE ME?” He asked, probably pissed that I wasn’t doing what he wanted me to do.

“YOU HEARD ME. YOU TREAT GIRLS LIKE TRASH, AND I CARE ABOUT TOBY. I. AM. NOTTTT. LETTING YOU TREAT HER THAT WAY.” I yelled, totally determined to protect Toby.

His face softened only for a minute. I honestly didn’t care if he finally found someone. He had every girl he could possibly want. Hell, everyTHING he could possibly want. He couldn’t have Toby.

“I wouldn’t dare.” He said, sincerely, which only made me madder, he was going to ACTUALLY try to win her over. HA! As if I would allow that.

“YOUR FULL OF BULLSHIT JACOB. I GREW UP WITH YOU REMEMBER? YOU’RE FUCKING FULL OF IT, AND I DON’T BELIEVE YOU. I’M N.O.T LETTING YOU HURT HER! ‘CAUSE I CARE ABOUT HER.” I said through clenched teeth, as his face grew read after I admitted my true feelings.

“IF I DIDN’T CARE ABOUT HER, WOULD I BE OUT HERE RIGHT NOW, DYING TO RIP YOUR HEAD OFF!?” He spat Ha, so the feeling was mutual?

“I love her...” He spoke the words and I wanted to kill him. He looked down at his feet. That was crap. Jacob Naughtingham couldn’t love a single soul. I was NOT buying that.

“Whatever. Think what you want… but what you’re feeling is a lie. You only say you love her until you’ve had your way with her.” I said, and walked past him.

I ran up into my room to try and cool off. I was suddenly disgraced that I had the same last name as him. If Toby was coming to the party, I’d try to tell her how I feel, convince her or something. This was NOT the end of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
so this isn't the action i was talking about, but this IS action.
Real heated if you ask me. =) 3 POV'S YAYYAY!!
Anyways, rate. message. love. haha OH & tell your friends if you really like it! [: