My Knight in Shining...Ah, Screw It. He's an Egotistical Asshole.

(18) My Knight and Shining...ah, screw it. He's a

CHAPTER 18: R-A-P-E, get your hands up off of me. (hahah. it's a song.)

I felt Blaire tug at my hair some, and clip something it in, but I was to wrapped up in my song to even care.

“ALL DONE!” She chimed. I peaked open one eye and gasped.

“HOLY CRAP. How did you do that? You freaky magician woman!” I joked, turning my head to the sides to examine the hair masterpiece. And to think that this mound was poodle hair? Hmph.
(http://www.women-hairstyles.com/images/half-updo.jpg) (Imagine it black though.)

“I honestly don’t even know. But hey, it turned out great!” She beamed, stroking my hair.

“Now let me hair spray it, and do your makeup.” She insisted. She lightly added black eyeliner on my bottom and top lid, with some light grayish-blackish eye shadow, an eyelash curler, and mascara, then she added a light foundation with peachy blush and light pink lip gloss.

“Now come on, you need your dress!” She squealed, grabbing me by the arm and tugging me into the bedroom. Blaire grabbed her dress, and went into the bathroom to change. I turned and unzipped the bag. I cannot get over the fact that Jacob bought this for me, or that Blaire was nice enough to get it in the first place. It was not doubt- the best-looking dress I have. I smiled, and pulled it out. I slipped it on, and it fit like heaven. I twirled in it before looking at the clock. Almost seven forty. The party started at eight, and I wanted something to eat. I was starving. I grabbed the heels and slipped them on. All bee, they even got the right shoe size. They must be like physic.

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=381116&CategoryID=22120 (toby’s dress.)

http://www.brownsfashion.com/public/pictures/products/standard/96807_1.jpg
(toby’s shoes.)

I knocked on the bathroom door.

“WHOA. WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO BLAIRE.” She looked like a freaking sex goddess. She grinned and rolled her eyes.

http://famousmonstersoffilmland.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/emma-roberts.jpg
(blaire’s hair & what she looks like)

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1z6rxjn&s=4
(blaire’s dress)
“Shut up! You look way better than me in that sexy, tight black dress.”

“Well, I’m hungry.” I shrugged, leaning on the doorframe.

“I think they have food here, let’s go ask Max.” She said, again pulling me by the arm. It seemed to be routine for her.

“MAX! We’re hungry!” Blaire yelled once we were out in the hallway.

“Yeah. Yeah. I hear y-.” Max stopped on his way out of the room, and looked at me. His eyes traveled from my feet to my head.

“B-b-b-b-Blaire? Who’s your friend?” Max blinked.

“Are you an idiot, it’s me!” I shouted, disbelieving.

“HOLY CRAP! TOBY?!” He exclaimed, his eyes widening.

“Si! Senior!” I smiled, and did a little twirl.

“You look… Wow.” He said, turning a little pink.

“Thanks. You clean up nice too.” I said, taking in his light purple collared shirt, and tan dress pants, with a purple tie. Was it just me, or was this kind of sort of AWKWARD?

“You both are idiots. How can you stand there googlie-eyed, when my stomach’s about to devour me whole?” She said, tapping her foot onto the hard wood flooring.

“You whiney baby, come on. I know where the kitchen is.” I laughed, pulling her down the stairs.

We walked into the narrow hallway I had gone down before, passing the study.

“Where’s lover-boy Adam?” I asked, glancing at Blaire with a smirk.

“SH!” She yelled turning red in the cheeks. Then almost, as if on cue, Adam walked out of the dance room

“Hey. Don’t you guys look nice.” He said, mainly staring at Blaire. I smiled; they were just completely and utterly adorable. Now if only one of them would make a move.
Adam just stood there grinning happily at Blaire as she stared happily at him. Gag. Too much lovey-dovey could make you sick. Too bad it didn’t ruin my appetite, the same one making my tummy hurt from lack of food. Apples don’t hold you over for multiple hours, believe me.

I trailed along into the kitchen to see Max there, talking to some people. They probably go to our school. I just went up to the chef at the other end of the room.

“Do you guys have any ham sandwiches or anything?”

“SI! SENIORA~!”

“I SHALL~A MAKE~A YOU~A ONE~A!” He smiled, scurrying over to the fridge.

“Make that two.” Max said, leaving the small group of people and taking the empty seat next to me at the kitchen table.

He looked at my dress again.
“Wow. Toby, you look really great. Honestly.”
“Thanks. I’m liking the purpleness, here.” I said, grabbing Max’s tie, and holding it up to the light. It looked light purple, but when you looked closely, it had tiny dark purple and white spots on it.

“So. Save me a dance then?” He asked, biting his lip and avoiding eye contact. Well, I didn’t want him to think our relationship was growing, because I didn’t really think of him that way. But I didn’t want to be mean, what if he just wanted a friendly dance?
“Oh. Yeah, maybe. I don’t even know if I’m going to be dancing. I’m just here so I’m not alone at home, you know?”

“Well, you’ve got to at least walk around and mingle. We need to show you off some.” He teased.

I rolled my eyes. “Everyone thinks I’m weird, Max.” I said with little hurt in my voice. I’ve learned not to care what others think about me.
“Toby. All the boys think you’re hot, and all the girls are just jealous.” He stated, coming closer.

“Nice Try. I see the way they look at me. I’m not stupid.” Remembering the odd stares that never seemed to become old news.

“Well, if you saw you. Especially right now, you’d be looking at you like that too.” He said, coming closer.

“You’re the complete package. Pretty, smart, independent, nice-sometimes, and athletic.” Was it just me or was his sudden closeness, relatively uncomfortable?

“Don’t you want a boyfriend?”

I answered him with a single, nervous laugh. Thank the lord that the chef had finished our sandwiches, because right when I was about to ask him to stop, two plates appeared in front of us. I nonchalantly scooted my chair away from his, and stuffed the sandwich into my mouth. Cutting off any response I would have had to of given.
When I sipped down my drink, and finished up my last bite, I immediately became frantic. Stupid me hadn’t even thought of an answer to what he had asked during my dinner. I was just about to answer him ‘not right now’ when Blaire appeared in the doorway, Cheetos stuffed in her face.

“DUDE! You have to check out the buffet in the dance room.” She said. Both Max and I cracked up at the sight of orange crumbs all around her mouth.

“I think you’ve checked out enough food for the both of us.” I said getting up. I know what your thinking ‘TOBY! YOU JUST ATE, HOW CAN YOU BE HUNGRY, YOU COW??’ Hungry, or not, I wasn’t about to stay in here and make this awkward situation, any more awkward. I’d have to avoid Max all night. I can tell where he was going with that. But really, did I want to be claimed by anyone? I always thought men were lowlives. Being a girlfriend was like being their pets. I mean, now that I was actually friends with boys like Adam, and Max and Jacob-yes I indeed just considered Jacob Naughingham as a friend- they didn’t seem that bad. But still, did I was to be claimed by anyone? Better yet, did I want to be claimed by Max?
I could feel my head pounding again, but thankfully seeing Adam started playing the music and tried to dance like Michael Jackson (RIP). It was completely hilarious. No more agonizing thoughts. I held onto my stomach as I laughed when he tripped backwards, desperately trying to do the moonwalk. Blaire was trying not to spit out her newly-found pretzels as she held onto the table for support. I loved my friends. And yes. I’m becoming soft, but being soft didn’t bother me. I’d rather be a softy and be happy, then be cold, lonely, and unhappy.

“Never be a dancer. I repeat, NEVER.” I said as my laughs died down. The situation became rather uncomfortable when people started filing in. All these bleached blonde bimbos. I recognized them as girls from our school. I mean, why do they even call it Campbell High, why not Blonde Bimbo High. It seemed better suited to me.

Blaire swallowed down her recent snack and whispered in my ear.
“Looks like they heard the music.”

“They most likely did, either that. Or our obnoxious laughing. She laughed.

“Yeah. You’re probably right. But I’m here for the music, so come on!” She shrieked over the sudden uproar in screams at a certain rap song that started playing. It was Alcohol by T-pain I think. Blaire dragged me onto the dance floor, and she started to dance. I knew I could dance, but I wasn’t about to dance in front of the whole school. What if they thought I was bad? My eyes shifted around all the moving figures. GREAT.

“Your not scared of what they’ll think are you?” Blaire said, suddenly shocked. I nodded feebly in agreement, and she gasped.

“Since when was Toby Montgomery scared of anything?” She asked, sticking her petite hands on her tiny little hips. I held in the need to laugh at her.
But. She was right, since when did I even care? I broke out in dancing with Blaire and she clapped in approval. I saw Adam standing across the room talking to some blonde girl. He didn’t look comfortable.

“I’m hungry again, be right back.” I said to Blaire.

“WHAT!?” She yelled over the booming of the bass.

“IM HUNGRY! BE RIGHT BACK!”

“OK!” She answered.

I hastily walked over to Adam, and pulled him away from the now-angry blonde.

“Look. I know you like Blaire, go dance with her.” I urged.

He gave me a ‘I don’t know what your talking about’ look

“I’m sure she wouldn’t- no I’m POSITIVE she wouldn’t care.” I said, pushing him her way.

“HAVE FUN!” I playfully yelled, as I watched Adam’s shy figure approach a wildly-dancing Blaire. I laughed as she jumped when he slid his arms around her waist timidly. I smiled when I saw her grin, and turn a bright shade of red. Then they started grinding to the music. Everyone was dancing. Mostly girls and boys were. I tried to just watch Adam and Blaire, because everyone else was dancing grossly, practically having sex on the dance floor, they were dancing so close.

I had gotten too many offers to dance than I could count. I didn’t really want to have to force myself to a friendship with everyone at the school. The ones I had now were enough. They were all I really needed.

I had been enjoying everyone dance, until a certain toe-head blonde walked through the door, with a red head attached at his side. Cody and Warren. Great. He scanned the crowd until he spotted me. When our eyes met, all I saw in him was hunger, desperation and relief. He seemed to be swiveling through the mass of people, and he was headed right at me. I gulped, suddenly fearful once more of him. I started backing up in another direction. Until I bumped into a wall.

“Ouch.” Said the wall. Wait… what?

“S-sorry.” I said as I turned around, and my mouth dropped wide open. Jacob Naughtingham was standing in the corner of the room, hiding. Just like I was trying to do. But that’s not what had my heart frantically throbbing, and my breathing quicken so fast. He had a gray collared long-sleeve shirt on with black dress pants and a satin black tie. He must not comb his hair during school, because I never noticed how it had perfect golden rows that swept across his face. The darkness of his outfit made his blue eyes stand out at you, almost like they were egging you to swoon at their sights. I felt my knees almost give out on me, but thankfully they stood their ground.

I had been gawking at him for about a minute, and he didn’t seem to have noticed. His eyes traveled the length of my body over and over again. His usual stormy eyes were like rhythmic waves, steadily floating. It was very calming to see them so melted and happy. His figure stepped closer, as my brain told my feet to step away. But my brain was putty at the sight of him. My feet seemed to be permanently glued to the ground they stood on, because my heart and body had held mutiny, and were now completely controlling my functions.

I began to lean into this boy, uncontrollably. Standing here, looking into his eyes brought back all the feelings that had occurred in Theater. The feelings I desperately wanted to pretend never came. I hated this feeling because it made me want to become vulnerable, and fall into him. Wanting him to support me so I could take a rest for once in my life. To tell him everything I had ever kept from the world, even my own mother. To not have to be strong, because I knew he would love me for the weak girl beneath all my bull crap. Dear God, please tell me I’m drunk. I’m not having intimate feelings for Jacob.
When our lips were close enough that I could feel his cool breath tingle the lips that were burning to kiss him. He whispered.

“Would you- would you like to dance, Toby?” He asked, fear and doubt in his eyes. Almost like he was scared to kiss me. Hunger was visible though, around his pupil. It would swell and throb as it searched my own eyes.

“Yes. Please.” I managed to answer. He hesitated to step away, but did after a moment or two.

I saw him approach the DJ stand and talk to the guy with headphones on. What song had he requested? The guy nodded nicely, and Jacob smiled. But before I could see him turn around, the song changed tune. It was a slow song. A familiar song…what song was it?

“I requested this song for you.” A voice said from behind me. I glanced back to see Max standing behind me. He followed my gaze to Jacob and his fists curled suddenly.

“You owe me a dance. Remember?” He asked, trying to keep his voice steady. I glanced to see if my Knight would come to my rescue and save me from turning down my best friend, but he had vanished. I glanced the crowd until I saw his neatly-combed golden locks. He was standing there in all his glory, but someone’s arms were around his neck. As the music progressed and he turned, the arms were attached to none other that Bridgette Gregory. My stomach kicked itself, and knotted in repulsion. For some reason, I felt like crying. I shook my head at the sudden unfamiliar feeling in the pit of my stomach.

“Hello? Toby. Do you want to dance with me?” Max said, waving a hand in my glaring vision of Jacob and Bridgette.

“Yes. Yes I do.” I said, allowing Max to walk me to the dance floor, wanting to get away from the image of Jacob and Bridgette. Had he done that as a joke, to try to be mean to me again? I tried to focus my brain on different things like how cool all the lights looked as they flashed across the crowd, but like I said earlier. My brain was no use to be anymore. My heart and body were in control, not letting me release the pain that came with the memory of what I had just seen.

Unfortunately for me, Max wasn’t telepathic and he didn’t know how much I didn’t want to be near Jacob at that very moment. Max had placed us one couple away from where he was dancing now. My eyes started to water without permission. Max immediately hooked his hands around my waist. Maybe even a little lower than was needed, and he pulled me so close to him that we were inches apart. Too close to give off the correct image that him and me were just really good friends. I cautiously linked my arms together around his neck. As we started to sway, I realized what song had been playing. It was Miserable At Best by my favorite band, Mayday Parade.

“Katie, don't cry, I know
You're trying your hardest
And the hardest part is letting go
Of the nights we shared
Ocala is calling and you know it's haunting
But compared to your eyes, nothing shines quite as bright
And when we look to the sky, its not mine, but i want it so

Let's not pretend like you're alone tonight
(I know he's there)
You're probably hanging out and making eyes
(while across the room, he stares)
I bet he gets the nerve to walk the floor
And ask my girl to dance, and she'll say yes

Because these words were never easier for me to say
Or her to second guess
But I guess
That I can live without you but
Without you I'll be miserable at best

You're all that I hoped I'd find
In every single way
And everything I could give
Is everything you couldn't take
Cause nothing feels like home, you're a thousand miles away
And the hardest part of living
Is just taking breaths to stay

Because I know I'm good for something
I just haven't found it yet
But I need it

So let's not pretend like you're alone tonight
(I know he's there)
You're probably hanging out and making eyes
(while across the room, he stares)
I bet he gets the nerve to walk the floor
And ask my girl to dance, and she'll say yes

Because these words were never easier for me to say
Or her to second guess
But I guess
That I can live without you but
Without you I'll be miserable at best

Ladada ladada ladadaoh ohhh

And this will be the first time in a week
That I'll talk to you
And I can't speak
It's been three whole days since I've had sleep
Because I dream of his lips on your cheek
And I got the point that I should leave you alone
But we both know that I'm not that strong
And I miss the lips that made me fly

So let's not pretend like you're alone tonight
(I know he's there)
You're probably hanging out and making eyes
(while across the room, he stares)
I bet he gets the nerve to walk the floor
And ask my girl to dance, and she'll say yes”

“I told them to play this song. I know you told me you like Mayday Parade, so I figured I play one of their songs.” Max said, pulling me against him now, so that our stomachs were touching.

I struggled to push us back apart without him noticing. I took a chance and glanced at Jacob. Bridgette had her head on his shoulder, but he was fixed on Max. His stare was the hardest it’s ever been. He then looked at me, and our eyes fixed on eachother for only a moment. It was a silent plea for help from the both of us. I honestly didn’t want to be dancing with Max right now. I wanted to me dancing with Jacob. It was the only thing that felt right to me. Being here with Max wasn’t comfortable or intoxicating like when I was with Jacob, it was that simple. His eyes were hurt, desperate and longing. Probably the exact same way mine looked.

”Because these words were never easier for me to say
Or her to second guess
But I guess
That I can live without you but
Without you I'll be miserable
And I can live without you
But without you I'll be miserable
And I can live without you
Oh, without you I'll be miserable at best…”

As the song came to end, Max leaned down. Is he falling? Why is he leaning down. My eyes widened when I came into realization. He was attempting to kiss me. My stomach hurled and knotted even more. I didn’t want to waste my first kiss on someone I didn’t love! I wanted it to be Jacob! Wait… did I just admit that I loved Jacob? No. I didn’t, that must have been worded wrong. That must have been- TOBY SNAP OUT OF IT! HE’S COMING CLOSER! My melted brain screamed it’s dying breath at me.

“Max-I.” I paused, but my eyes caught sight of something completely horrid. Bridgette and Jacob was kissing. They had lip on lip action. Her claws were latched around his face, pulling him towards her. I felt sick.

“I have to go. I whispered as I felt tears stroll down my cheeks. I told myself I’d never cry in public. What’s happening to me? I frantically pushed through the crowd of people, hiding my head that betrayed my tears. I found the door and ran to the front, passing couples making out in the hallway. I found the stairs and climbed them to the top. I opened the guest bedroom only to see a naked couple going at it.

“S-sorry.” I breathed, tears still coming out of my eyes. This was horrible, I was crying over a stupid boy. Even worse, I was crying over the boy I hate!
Every room was occupied except Jacob’s. His door read: ‘Have sex in my room, and your not coming to another party.’ Then under it, it said: “BEWARE, ROOM IS VIDEO TAPED.” I wasn’t going to have sex; I just needed somewhere to cry in solitude.

I wrenched myself on to the bed, and heaved my eyes out. Why had I allowed myself to feel that way about him? I should have known better. Max warned me of this. Why didn’t I listen? Oh yeah, because Max was being a jealous fool, and trying to shove his tongue down my throat. Maybe I was right. Boys are lowlifes.

Of course, I didn’t know how right I was, until I heard the door open behind me. At first I thought I imagined it, but I know I didn’t imagine it when the door was locked, and the CD player started playing music really loud. I jerked up at the sudden boom of the stereo in Jacob’s room that now made the once quiet upstairs, as loud as the downstairs. Jacob and Max were nothing to what I was facing now. I looked into his eyes, and gulped. His hunger was ravenous and his desperation was insanity.
♠ ♠ ♠
DUN DUN DUNN! i feel accomplished.
i may suck at writing, but my actions scenes are pretty darn dramatic =D