My Knight in Shining...Ah, Screw It. He's an Egotistical Asshole.

(24) My Knight and Shining... ah, screw it. He's

"Why did she sleep in here?"
"I know she didn't volunteer."

.."OH MY GOD! DID YOU DRUG HER!?" Max questioned, without taking a breath, or even being rational.

I rubbed my head that made collision with the floor.

"No. You know I wouldn't do that idiot." Jacob spat, with a more calmer tone that Max's. Max just stood there fuming like a baboon.

"Toby. Did he harm you. You can tell me." Max said suddenly, coming over to me, and helping me off the floor.

"Max. Calm down, I'm fine." I assured him.

I got up and stood between him and Jacob. There was an awkward silence.

"Well. Is anyone going to tell me what happened?" Max shouted. I winced a little at his tone.

Blaire soon apeared in the doorway. "Well Toby was having a bad dream, and everytime I tried to calm her down, she just basically... well, freaked out more."

"But then when Jacob would say something, she like suddenly went calm. It was kind of weird actually, but yea. Jacob just brought her in here to make sure she'd be ok. That's all." Blaire finished up with a big smile. Max didn't smile or anything.

"Max! Bro! Your parents are here!" Adam yelled from downstairs.

"Good." He said, staring straight in my eyes. My heart sunk. Max was really mad. Didn't he know that I was uncouncious. That I didn't mean to only feel better when Jacob was there. UGH. Why does it feel like I betrayed him? And why does it feel like liking Jacob is illegal?

"Max." I whispered after him, extending my hand to grab his arm. He shrugged it off and stormed out of the room. I felt sick. I didn't want to lose my best friend. Especially not like this

I felt tears sting my eyes. I glanced at Jacob, and he was running a distressed hand through his hair. His eyes met mine, and he looked apollogetic. But it wasn't his fault. He was only trying to make me feel better, even though it was embarassing to know he saw me at my worst. It made me fear that he'd reject me now, because he saw all of that. But I wanted to think about that later.

"Hey, Blaire?" I asked, adressing the confused girl by the door.

"Hmm?" She looked up at me, and returned my hidden message. Saying I needed time to think about what had happened.

"Can you take me home?" I asked, almost scared Jacob would offer instead, and pro-long me from facing my feelings the right way. But he didn't say anything.

"Yeah, sure no problem." She gave me a small smile, and went into our guest bedroom. We both gathered our things, and I sighed in relief at the sight of my dress not torn to bits. It had a few rips, but not like I had imagined it would have.

As we hasitly went down the front entrance stairs. I found Jacob standing by the doorway. He looked at me with sad, but understanding eyes. I guess he had a hunch I needed time to face everything.

I paused infront of his tall, broad figure. "Thanks for everything you did." I breathed.

He smirked playfully. "It was no problem princess." I felt butterflies form in my stomach, but tried to ignore them. Which of course, was unsuccessful.

Blaire and me went to the car right after. I put all of my stuff into her back seat. It was only a short distance to my house. Thankfully she didn't press me at all. We rode in complete silence, but not an awkward silence.

I got out of the car, but Blaire stopped me before I could close the door.

"Hey. If you need me, i'm here." She smiled understandingly. I nodded.

"Thanks. That means a lot." I breathed, gathering my stuff and walking into the house I have recently began calling home.

After I saw my mom's car in the driveway, I sprinted inside.

"Mom?" I shouted once I closd the door behind me.

"MOM?" I yelled a little louder.

"In here." Said a small female voice from the bedroom door. I sat my clothes near the stairs, and entered the room.

My mom had her hands in her hair, as she breathed slowly; sitting on the edge of her bed.

"Well the good news is that we're now divorced." She spoke, her voice slightely strained.

"The bad news... is that the meeting was hell for me." She sighed, flexing the fingers that were intertwined in her hair. I felt something in my stomach clench in pain. I hated whenever I had to bring up the subject of dad. And i'm sure my mom hated it too.

"Come and sit. I'll tell you all about it." She said now looking at me. Her face held many burdens on it. But all in all. She was a strong woman. Better yet, she was my mom.

I smiled. I wouldn't want to trade anyone for the great, independant woman that I called my mother. She was truly insperational.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the slow updates, and cliff hangers. I'm being criticized by people here at the beach about my writing/typing.

Speaking of so. Anyone want to talk? I'm pretty bummed out at the moment. =/