My Knight in Shining...Ah, Screw It. He's an Egotistical Asshole.

(3) My Knight and Shinging...ah, screw it. He's a

Later, when dusk had approached and stars began to scatter across the sky, i decided it was time to go home. I had almost gotten lost in all my good memories. I walked slowly back to the house. Dreading the fact that i had to start school tomorrow. I wasn't much of a talker, and i wasn't really known to be the nicest kitty around. Especially not in the jungles of highschool. Ughhh. Life. Sucks.

My tummy grumbled as i continued to slugishly walk the streets of my neighborhood. Reminding me of earlier, and the note my mom left about the groceries. I tried to picture the yummy dishes she makes when she knows i'm in a bad mood. She thinks that food will make me less grumpy-even though most times it does. I perpousfully made myself re-live memories of thanksgiving and christmas when I walked passed the monsterous house. Not wanting to be distracted in it's rich beauty. As I was leaving, i slowly stuck my tongue out to it. TAKE THAT! To your freshly cut grass, and your perfectly white brick. With your perfect lives...perfect house, and.....perfect...family. I sighed. Brushing away those thoughts of desire. I would not allow myself to dream big like that. I had to focus on the task at hand.

I soon smiled though, when I could see the dim light of the cozy fireplace, glitter in the downstairs windows. I picked up my pace, and licked my lips when i entered the door. The house smelled of sweet potatoes, and fresh chicken. I could smell the steamy scent of brocoli as well, when I immediately sat down at the dinner table. Mom sat across from me smiling away, at my ravenous ways of hungrily, engulfing my food.

"I did good, huh?" She teased.

"Mhmmgrrmheat!" I managed to mumble out. She laughed out loud, and sat back in her chair.

"I want to thank you for coming up here with me." I nodded, restraining myself from complaining.

"You know I did it for you, and me. We both needed to get out of there." Her head hung low, and my face fell, as i swallowed the sweet potatoes recently stuffed into my mouth.

My eyes wandered over her fallen head, and guilt rose in me. My mom really was doing what was best for us...I had known that. Whethere this house was smaller than our last, or unfamiliar. Whethere I didn't know anyone in town or not...it was better than being beaten black and blue by my father. Anything was better than that.

"Y-you know" She bobbed her head up, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. She let out a quick breath. Sighing, probably at old memories. My mom had hard. 'Boy, did she have it hard.

I got up and approached her, replacing my cold grimace, with soft, new and loving features.

"You did mom, i'm sure it'll be great here. I'll make new friends in no time. Hey," I paused, making sure she was looking at me. "Even if i don't, we've always got eachother." I smiled, reasuringly and wrapped my arms tenderly, around my mothers neck, and rested my head upon her shoulder. She flinched at first, and I glanced down to see a fading bruise underneath the whispy, stray peices of hair.

***

I closed my eyes, and fell on my bed when i went upstairs. I felt so exauhsted from the car ride, that i just sat there, until I shivered from the cold of the new house, then i wrapped myself in the sheets I had brought from home. I didn't like the idea of school coming towards me faster, and faster with every second that passed. But i would have to suck it up and be strong. I would have to be strong for my mother, that much I knew. I sleepily set my alarm for six o'clock, and closed my eyes as my head hit the soft pillow.

I layed there, thinking of the times when my mother use to smile, and my brother was still alive, and my dad wasn't mean. Ignoring the feeling of reality that threatened my dreamy-haze.

I missed those times, so, so, so very much....