My Knight in Shining...Ah, Screw It. He's an Egotistical Asshole.

(30) My Knight and Shining...ah, screw it. He's a

I was relieved when school was over. The intense emotions that floated around this place could cause World War III.

“Hey baby!” I squealed, seeing his retreating figure walk towards the parking lot. Then a sudden blonde head ran up and tugged on his sleeve. She whispered something in his ear. I felt my body stiffen. I didn’t like the fact that Bridgette was within teen feet of Jake.

He just nodded and leaned away. I approached him.

“What was that all about?” I asked.

“Nothing.” He shrugged it off. Making that knot in my stomach grow bigger by the second. It made me second-guess myself, did he write about me in his letter?

At this point, I didn’t know.

“Hey, you ok?” Blaire asked, immediately noting the fact that I felt completely terrible.

“Yes. No. Yes. God, I don’t even know.” I ranted, slugging my way to her car.

I found comfort in the leather seats of her car.

She walked confused and dropped down in the seat next to me.

“Well, if you do decide to make a decision, I’m here for you if you’re sad, and here if you’re… not as sad. But, damn you look like a motor vehicle used your face for a parking spot.”

Now that made me laugh.

“Yeah, and I have no idea if the vehicle is going to leave, or stay.”

“Sucks. Feel better though, I’m not having you step foot in the Davis household if you’re a manic depressive.”

“Oh Shush.” Blaire just smiled.

“I’m just, I don’t know. I feel like something’s about to happen, like something big. I have a weird gut feeling. With Max acting all not Max-ish, and then having Bitch-ette come up and whisper something into Jake’s ear, and him not telling me what she said.”

“Screw blonde, she probably wanted to know what size condom she could get for the real-life vibrator she got because Jacob doesn’t want to touch her spray-tanned ass.”

Oh yea, Bitchette started a rumor about Blaire saying her dad wanted her phone number and he was some kind of pervert, which a complete lie. So FYI: Blaire’s ready to start a hit list, and Bridgette would be number one.

I laughed.

“I can’t be worried with you around. You know these past few weeks, feels like I’ve known you forever.”

“I know right? I feel the same like sister sister, we were separated at birth or something.”

“Ha. Maybe, maybe. If this thing works out with our parents, then it could be a possibility.” At least she got the better half of the deal… without the abusive dad.

“Maybe I should slip something into my dad’s drink. Make him do crazy stuff like ask your mom to marry him. That’d speed things up.”

“Yea, I’m becoming tired of being an only child.” I agreed. Thinking of how Blaire’s dad would act drunk…. Hahhhaha wouldn’t that be a sight for sore eyes?

“I agree…sigh, what a bore.”

“Loser. Just focus on driving.” She just made a pouty face but agreed.

When we arrived at her house, it was like the rest of the day didn’t matter.

As soon as we walked in Blaire’s dad came down in a baby blue button up shirt.

Blaire whistled. “Don’t you look fancy!” She exclaimed.

He laughed a nervous, throatily laugh.

“Is this ok Toby, does your mom like spikey hair, I thought I’d go with spikey, because it makes me seem young, but sophisticated, at least that’s the vibe I got. But is it ok?” The man frantically switched from question to question.

“Wow. Yes. It’s fine, my mom like people for who they are.” I mean really, if she could find something worth loving in a hopeless drunk who only delievered pain to her life, she could measure up to a nice, funny business man who is just amazing. (and no I don’t just have to say that because he’s my best friend’s dad.)

After he left, nervous as all get out, we decided that silly makeup and pictures is the way to go.

We literally had a blast. Blaire made me look like a Barbie doll, with a fake blonde wig and what not. Though she said we had enough makeup for the both of us, and that we didn’t need to retrieve anything from my house.

She sabotaged me with thick eyeliner, and pretty color shades of eye shadow, layer upon layer of mascara, blush and lipstick- no lip-gloss, she went cover girl on me.

I laughed with her, and washed off the makeup, completely content, waiting for my mom to get back from her hot date. Completely unaware of what was happening on the other side of town. And completely unaware of how my world was about to fall apart.

Max’s POV.

I threw the rest of the class paper’s in the recycle bin on the way to the parking lot. All I needed was Jacob’s and Toby’s.

I scanned their papers, reading the nice, considerate words that were written as well as flat out nasty ones.

I smiled to myself, as adreniline surged through me. I was more than ready to have my plan take place. All it would take was a call to my cousin’s lovely mansion, a scanner, a printer and new software. Toby would fall like a angel from the clouds right into my hands, there was no doubt about that.

Suddenly my cell phone went off with Lil’ Wayne. I answered it.

“You get her to write those papers?” Cody’s familiar voice rang in my ears.

“I did.”

“What about him?”

“Him too.”

“Good. Everything a go, then?”

“Everything’s a go.” I replied, hanging up and smiling as I made my way to my car.

I came home and sprawled myself out on the couch. My parents were out to dinner with one of the family’s friends so I wasn’t worried about being interrupted in my task.

I pulled out the four pieces of paper and read Jake’s first. I cursed inside hearing all the things he though about Toby. If I hadn’t been so full of jealousy and hatred, I would have realized how much he actually did care about Toby. Maybe even as much as I did. But I was way past thinking relatively normal. Love will do that to a person.

I read two paragraphs next on how much he hated my guts, and wanted me to fall off the face of the earth. I figured the way he worded it, I’d be able to switch it.

I then pulled out Toby’s papers and started to read them as well.

I felt tears form in my eyes. I was going to break her heart. But it would heal eventually right? I’d be sure of it. No matter what she’d be happier with me. She had to be.

I hastily switched papers, and read the hate one.

My stomach went to my throat. As the realization of what she had said on that paper hit me.

She was abused as a child… by… by her own father.

I ran to the bathroom, feeling sick.

All that she said… everything she’s been through. Those bruises on her body weren’t from Cody, but from her father. All the scars….

I puked into the toilet. How could I hurt her again?

What kind of person would I be?

I felt everything rush back to me. I would have to be a horrible, horrible person to do this to her. That paper lying on my couch was evidence on all that she’s been through.

I wanted to help, to make her happy. If we were really meant to be, then it’d work out in the end right? I shouldn’t interfere if something actually going right for her in her life now. I couldn’t bare to take that away from her.

I’m going to go in there and burn that letter. So no one else would know. As she clearly let show in class, she didn’t want anyone to know. I guess if we were to become friends again, she might tell me. But I wasn’t going to push her. That’s something she’s got to tell people on her own, it’s life-changing, and scarring.

She hadn’t even told Jacob…

I decided the plan wasn’t going to be continued. Seeing her pain brought pain to me. Something so close to her heart, a secret so grave…

I wiped my mouth off. The sound of footsteps outside of the door caught me off guard though. I immediately opened the door shocked at what I saw.

Cody was in my living room, reading Toby’s secretive paper, with a smile on his face…
♠ ♠ ♠
THANKS TO ALL MY FANSSS!! :DDD you guys freaking rockk.
& again, sorry if this is short. My schedule is crazy right now.
I'ma try to update tomorrow too.
g'night!