My Knight in Shining...Ah, Screw It. He's an Egotistical Asshole.

(35) My Knight and Shining...ah, screw it. He's a

The play was doing well. It was easy to play Juliet. I don’t know if it was because of the corny costume or my mom’s unbreakable faith in me, but I think I preformed well.

The scenes came and went, one by one, marking down until the dreaded kissing scene. I couldn’t just peck him. I had to act like it was the last time I’d see him. All passionate, and romantic, even though it probably was the last time I’d ever see him.

My gut clenched at the thought of that.

Something deep within me told me that I would die if I never saw Jacob again. It was like after tonight, I would be dead, forced to walk the lonely earth in the lonely body without him.

That doesn’t seem fair to me, after all of my childhood experience, and the piece of crap I had to go through these past few weeks, THIS HAS TO HAPPEN!!??

Holy mother of moses, my life sucks.

(So I don’t know Romeo & Juliet by heart, but I’m going to wing it for this scene, so please don’t be mad, and message me all: AHHH! SHAKESPEARE IS PERFECTION & YOU SCREWED UP HIS PLAY!! I’m telling you this is a spin off.)

Here it went, the scene where Romeo climbs up the balcony and into Juliet’s room, and we have a make out session.

“My Juliet, the soft song on a summer’s day. Do you hear me my Juliet?” Jacob’s soft voice echoed through the Theater. He was under the stage, because there was a ladder that led up from under the stage, to the top. The one he was probably about to climb.

“Romeo, where are thou Romeo? Your sweet melodies beckon to me, my love.” I recited my line, running around stage, eagerly looking for my ‘Romeo’.

“Juliet, for I am climbing my ways to your balcony, to kiss thou’s sweet lips.” Even when pretending to kiss. I was feeling a little excited.

Was it hot in here, or is that just me?

I helped him up to my room, and he cradled me in his arms. Something that wasn’t required. But I didn’t complain, it would probably be the last time I was ever close to him. I looked into his blue eyes, trying to remember every speckle of color in them. Every glimmer shown, so that I could remember them forever, even in my darkest days.

“Romeo! Thy’s parents will murder thee, if thee is caught.” I said, hungrily, pretending to be scared for his life.

“For let them, my sweet love. For nothing could break us apart now.”

“All I wish before thy’s death, is that a single kiss be bestowed upon my Juliet’s soft, sweet lips. For them, themselves would murder a man.”

I let a tear slip, as our faces continued to look longingly at one another. Though mine was real. I was longing that I wouldn’t have to leave Jacob. That I could stay in this position forever, because it’s the only thing that’s ever felt right to me.

I leaned slowly in.

“Oh Romeo!” That was it. The last line until the kiss. I glanced towards the crowd, to see some of them in tears, other’s practically out of their seats. I spotted Blaire, and her lip was quivering, holding back tears. She looked about as sad as I felt.

Even Mr. M on the side had glassy eyes. Who knew we could act so well?

Maybe it was because we weren’t acting.

I mean, at least I wasn’t.

I looked back into his mesmerizing blue eyes. The one’s I’ve been lost in many times before. In that brief second of eye contact, I let all my feelings go. On how much I’ve wanted to be with a guy like him since I was a little girl, or how much he meant to me. About how much happiness he truly brought me, and how completely, irrevocably, and truthfully in love I was with him. I knew he was able to tell, because he was always really good at reading me.

He must have seen it in my eyes (just like I thought he would), because he looked startled, and then the emotion in his eyes, went from longing, to desperate. The most desperate they’ve ever been. He looked like he could have devoured with just one peck of the lips.

I felt the hand he had in my hair tighten as our lips crashed as one. They moved with lust, love, and harmony. As if two puzzle pieces that had been so alone for all of time, had found their rightful partner. As if two hearts were beating as one.

His lips were strong, and soft. Moist, but not too much, and his breath smelled like cinnamon or something. It was something exotic yet mouthwatering all at the same time. I breathed it all in. Clutching closer and closer to him as if I were to melt into his skin.

Knowing I might never be able to do this again. I let my tongue slide into his mouth just barely. Wanting more of a taste, so that my taste buds could remember him forever. Knowing nothing would taste as fantastic as him.

I never wanted this moment to end, but slowly, oxygen became important as I felt my lungs shrivel for a breath. I gasped air, and pulled away only a few centimeters. I was still close enough to feel his hot breath on my lips and cheeks. I smiled up at him. A warm, loving smile. I hate myself for whispering this to him, because it ultamietly was the reason I put him in danger, but I did.

“I love you…” I whispered, closing my eyes. Living in the moment of how it felt to trust another.

“With every bit of my heart, I love you. Always and Forever.” I opened my eyes, as Jacob’s eyes were melting ocean waves, swimming with happiness. The same happiness that was probably spinning in my dark eyes as well.

The scene ended, and we never had the chance to talk. It was either him in a scene, or me.

The only other scene we had with each other was the death scene, and well… that wasn’t very pleasant. I myself, felt like crying in that one.

After I made the deal with the minister, and drank the potion. I was out cold (Or I was pretending to be so), and they carried me into my tomb.

I could hear Jake’s (Yes, I’m back to calling him Jake.) old-fashioned shoes echo on the floorboards of the stage.

He ran up to the bed where I layed.

“My Love.” He whispers.

“I see that death has not paled your beauty.”

“How so unfair of death, to take such perfection away, to conquer the last breaths you seek.”

I could hear him start to cry. His hot tears hit my cheeks, but I ignored them. Even if he was acting, I felt sorry for him. I just wanted to reach out and give him a big teddy bear hug.

Anyways, when he cries, it’s my sign to move. So I start to move a little bit.

“I will say no more, than this in my lessening breaths.”

“I will take your last kiss.” He pauses.

He leans down and kisses my lips. I hope no one could hear my heartbeat. Because my heart and breathing accelerated at the touch of his soft lips against my own.

“I will take your last embrace.” He says again, clutching my frail and limp body to his muscled chest.

He lets go, as my eyes flutter open. His head is toward the ceiling.

“So hear me now, all mighty lord! I will take my own weakening heart, and seize its never ending beats, for a life without my Juliet, isn’t a life at all.”

I see him take the poison, as I move my hand up to caress his cheek. He drinks it at about the time I touch his skin.

“NO!” I could hear the audience shouting. I smiled despite myself at their efforts to stop his death.

He looks down at me with a shocked expression. I gasp.

“Romeo!” I say, sitting up clutching to him as he begins to shake violently.

He coughs, and wheezes as if the poison is killing him.

If I didn’t know better I would think he was really dying.

“What is this?” I say taking the bottle of poison. – Does anyone else wonder how Romeo just magically pulls out a bottle of poison, though none of us have ever known him to go and buy it first?

“Poison?” I whisper hatefully, as I tip the bottle upside down.

“Thou has left none for thy to drink? To intake?”

“I will kiss thy lips, and drink the poison left on them.”

I kiss him, and I feel his clutch on me tighten. I fight back the urge to smile. I always did have a weird effect on him.

“There’s none left.” I almost shout, angrily as I myself start to cry. He shakes again, and gasps for breath, as I clutch him.

“Noo!” I shout.

“Sealed with a kiss….” He breathes out.

“And I die…” He says before he stops shaking and lays limp.

For a second I thought he had died. But I could still feel his heartbeat under my palms.

I cry some more. Facing the crowd to let them see my absolute sorrow.

I spot the fake gun that will go off, but has no place for ammunition. Therefore it cannot shoot any bullets. Just makes a loud bang.

I grab it with a shaking hand, and lift it no my head, squeezing my eyes shut, and whimpering with crying.

I had to think of Jacob actually dying, or the times where I would cry in my room, as I clutched my bleeding wounds to help myself actually deliver a good crying scene.

I open my eyes, with a certain emotion. The emotion of avenge I thought would be good, knowing I would avenge his death. Then it went off, and my body fell limp next to Jacobs.

I opened one eye, knowing the lights had gone off to end the scene. He already had both eyes open. As people pushed the rolling bed off the stage.

“You did good.” I said, smiling.

“So did you.” He smiled back.

A piece of strand fell in my face as he reached out and tucked it behind my ear. The feeling of his hand against my cheek made me want to swoon.

We had to hurriedly get up then and run back out onstage to bow.

The audience roared, some even threw roses at our feet.

I smiled. We were all about to go off stage and greet all of our fans, when my phone went off with a text message.

WE’RE ALMOST THERE. GET BLAIRE AND GO OUT BACK!

I felt my knees go weak. I had almost forgotten about having to leave. I looked longingly after Jacob as he was poured with compliments.

I descended the stage stairs, and weaved my way through the crowd, getting compliments on the way.

I nodded ‘thank you’s and such as I found Blaire. I grabbed her wrist, and led her back through the crowd, to the way we had come in.

“Dude you were so great! I didn’t know you could act so well!” She beamed.

“And let me tell you that kissing scene looked smoking H-O-T, HOT!”

I looked at her weirdly. Did they not tell her?

“What? Ouch, your grip hurts. Where are we going?”

I guess not. I led her backstage and grabbed my purse.

“Your Dad and my Mom are picking us up. They said it’s urgent that we get there. They had some uh… meeting at work they had to attend.”

She nodded. “I was wondering why they weren’t here. Max was, did you see him? Adam had to study though, but Max said he was going to buy a tape for him though.”

Max. My blood boiled at the thought. I wanted to kill him; he had ruined everything for me.

Jerk Face.

The cold air brought me out of my thought as we made our way to the parking lot.

It was dark and creepy. Darker and creepier than it had been earlier; like something you’d see out of a horror movie.

“Where are they?” She asked, clutching her arms coldly.

“I don’t know.” I said, looking around at any sign of headlights. I didn’t know what kind of car Blaire’s dad drove.

Blaire’s phone buzzed. She opened it.

“Crap. Max doesn’t have enough money for the tape. I’ll be right back.”

“BLAIRE NO! We can’t, our parents are going to be here!” I yelled after her, but it was too late, she had already taken off.

“It’ll just take a second.” She defended.

“Ugh.” I said, my hot breath making fog in the cold night air.

I sat down on the cold parking lot. Knowing I still had the dress on from the play. I should probably change in the car or something, and mail it to Jake to take back to the school.

I heard a car engine nearby. I looked at the back door entrance, but Blaire hadn’t come yet.

Oh well. I’ll just put our stuff in the car, and then go run and get her. I wonder if they plan on telling her in the car? That might be awkward. How would she take it? Would she hate me for ruining her life too? Who knows if she’ll ever get to see Adam again.

I suddenly felt very guilty. I’m a terrible friend. I should have never even made friends. I just ruin their lives. Stupid Father.

I saw the headlights shine on the ground, signaling that they were parking. I sighed to lean over and grab our stuff.

I heard the car door slam, but only barely. The loud and familiar truck engine was too loud.

Wait…. Truck? I gulped, and turned around slowly.

There he was standing in all his drunken glory. Staring at me, with a sick sadistic smile on his face.

“Hello Honeybee.” His ragged voice said deeply, and menacingly. I felt my heart bust, and my knees go weak, as I wanted to curl into the fetal position.

My father was the only person I knew with such a loud truck.
♠ ♠ ♠
CLIFF HANGER! DUN DUN DUN!!

comments? >=)

i'll update faster if you dooo!!