My Knight in Shining...Ah, Screw It. He's an Egotistical Asshole.

(36) My Knight and Shining...ah, screw it. He's a

BLAIRE’S POV

Stupid Max always forgetting money, you’d think his family being super rich and all, he’d be loaded like kanye west.

But not the least bit. Boy forgets his wallet more than Adam does- and that’s saying something.

“Hey. Sorry about that, thanks.” Max said, grabbing the tape from the cashier lady, person, thing.

“Yeah, you just better hope I never go broke. Or we’re both screwed.” He laughed.

“Where’s Toby? I want to compliment her on her performance. She was great.”

“Oh, she’s just outside in the back parking lot. Her mom called her saying that toby, her mom, my dad and me had to like hop town or something.”

Max’s face twisted in horror and confusion.

“D-did they say why?”

“Hmm. I don’t really know, I didn’t think to ask.” I admitted truthfully.

Was I suppose to ask?

He started to walk faster.

“Where’d you say she was?” He asked, hurriedly.

I swear that this kid is a spaz.

We were climbing the stairs to the backstage area when we heard a scream from outside of the building.

No… that couldn’t have been… Toby?

I looked at Max, and his expression was the same as mine –fearful.

“You don’t think….” I began, but he was already running for the door.

“It’s only been like two minutes, what could have happened!!?” I yelled after him.

The chilly night hit us as we rounded the corner, we arrived to the spot where Toby was, or… should have been.

I fell to my knee’s.

“W-w-what happened? WHERE IS SHE!!!!?” I yelled at him.

“I-I don’t know.” His voice shaking.

I started to cry.

That’s when my dad’s car pulled up.

Toby’s mom ran out. God- I couldn’t face her. It was all my fault- all my fault that she was gone.

“Blaire, hurr-… where’s Toby?” She said confused.

“I-I don’t’ know. I only left her out here for two minutes, and then we heard a scream and she wa-was gone! I’m so sorry Ms. Montgomery, I don’t know what happened!”

Someone could have kidnapped her, or raped her. I felt horrible. How could I have left her alone!?

“MY BABY GIRL! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!” She screamed falling into my dad’s arms.

Max’s head hung low, as my dad cradled a limp, crying Ms. Montgomery.

“Wh-where do you think she would have gone?” I asked, knowing I had to help save her.

My dad led Toby’s mom back to the car, and he came over to Max and I.

“You cannot tell anyone else. But Toby and her mother use to be abused by her father before they moved here. The restraining on him had expired and when her lawyer went to get it re-signed they couldn’t find him. So we think that her father probably kidnapped her for some reason unknown. But if I were you two, I’d be more worried about her safety. They say his psychologist diagnosed him with mental instability. In other words, he’s border-lined phycotic.”

I ran into my father’s arms.

“It’s all my fault. He’s going to hurt her, and it’s my entire fault. I shouldn’t have left her out here alone.”

“You don’t know that Blaire, he could have taken you. It is not your fault that he is crazy or that he came after Toby. At all, you hear me?”

I nodded. If only I was with her… we’d stick through it together.

Max’s POV.

After hearing Blaire’s dad tell us about Toby, I knew I’d have to get Jake. We’re going after her.

I couldn’t help but feel that it was my fault as well. I should have just told someone, anyone even social services. This way, she wouldn’t be in danger, or even…d-dea.

No. I couldn’t think that. She was alive, and she would be Ok.

I spotted my cousin mingling with a few people from the audience.

“Jake, I know you don’t want to talk to me, but you need to.”

He looked at me like I was crazy.

“It’s about Toby.” He just excused himself from anyone, as I lead him backstage.

“What about her? Where is she?” He said feircly.

“You might want to sit down.” I instructed.

“Ok…?” He said, sitting on the backstage floor.

I took a deep breath.

“So I was really jealous that you got Toby, and I THOUGHT that you were going to hurt her, so I came up with a plan to get you guys to write one love, and one hate letter. Then my plan was to switch Toby’s name into your hate letter, and Bridgette into the love one. Then switch my name into Toby’s love one, and yours into the hate one.”

“YOU FUCKIN-“

“THEN!” I interrupted.

“I saw Toby’s hate letter, in other words, I saw who it was REALLY too, and I wasn’t going to go through with it, but Cody threatened to tell the whole school and blackmailed me, so I’m sorry I broke you guys up, but I care about Toby, and I didn’t want her secret getting out..” I said, pulling out the folded letter from my pocket. I carried it around in case Cody hadn’t really made copies, and was planning to steal the real letter.

He furrowed his brows, confused, while taking the letter from me.

His eyes widened as he read the letter, then they started watering.

He closed his eyes and dropped the letter, as a single tear rolled down his cheek.

They reopened with menace, and revenge.

“That’s what she’s been hiding from me…”

“What kind of low-life sun of a bitch would do this to a innocent little girl?” He said jumping up.

“Where’s Toby. I’m taking this asshole to court.” He said, stampering angrily around the stage.

“Two problems with that. Uno- If you recall, Toby didn’t even tell you about her father, I doubt she’d want the whole world knowing, and two- there’s something I haven’t told you yet…” I trailed off, knowing this would be the hardest sentence of my life to get out.

“Toby’s dad’s restraining order was expired this past week, and when the lawyers confronted him to re-sign it, they couldn’t find him. Then early this morning, after Toby and her mom went and stayed at Blaire’s house, their home was broken into.

I breathed a deep breath, knowing I could crack into tears at any moment. But I had to tell him so that we could go retrieve/save her.

“They had planned on getting Toby and Blaire and skipping town after the play, so her and Blaire went to the back parking lot a few minutes ago, but Blaire came back inside to help me pay for a tape of the performance. Then when went to go join her, but we heard a scream.”

His face paled. “What do you MEAN you HEARD a scream!?”

“Well… we went back out to the parking lot, and she…” I chocked, feeling the tears come.

“Dude,” I breathed again.

“She wasn’t there, we think he took her.”

Jacob punched the wall.

“You thinking what I’m thinking?” He asked.

“Do you feel like murdering him?” I responded.

“Well that, yes. But I’m thinking that I’m walking to the ends of the Earth to get her back.”

“I’m with you.” I promised.

“I just hope we find her alive…” I said, feeling the need to clutch my stomach. I knew I would vomit sooner or later, but right now, it felt like sooner.

“Don’t say that.” Jacob roared.

“We will.”

“I’m going to go tell my parent’s in the audience that we’re going on some mission trip for school, and that your coming.”

“Good. I’ll go get my car.” I said reaching for my keys, but Jacob grabbed my arm.

“No. We’re taking the farrari, we can’t spare to lose one single second.” I nodded.

“Hand me your keys, I’ll be out back.” I instructed, and let him throw me the expensive car keys.

Normally he’d let me die- twice before I touched his car.

Just goes to show how much he truly cares about Toby.

How could I have even thought of getting in their way?

JACOB’S POV.

I hurriedly told my parent’s and ran out back. I had one goal, and that was to save her, breathing, eating and sleeping felt like they fell second to getting her back safely into my arms.

Why wouldn’t she tell me, all I want to do is protect her?

I just couldn’t comprehend why she wouldn’t say SOMETHING.

I felt weird working with Max, but I guess I could empathize with wanting to protect her. Bridgette would eat her alive if she knew she had such a horrible past.

I sighed, I couldn’t really blame him, and knowing how much he cared about her –despite the issue of how much that bugged me- he would help me find her.

We took shifts riding all over town. Max had asked Toby’s mom what kind of car he drove. She said a rusty green truck with a loud engine. We drove and drove and drove… until 4 AM.

Finally when neither of us could drive any longer, and everyone else had given up two hours ago, all of us together had checked every house and building in town-twice.

I didn’t want to give up on her, knowing she wouldn’t give up on me. But I needed to be at full strength if I was going to kill that sun of a bitch father she had.

Every time I thought about his hand hitting her delicate skin, I would break something.

That’s how mad I was.

I sighed as we pulled into Blaire’s driveway. Everyone was there.

Max was sleeping on the couch upstairs, and Blaire was sleeping in her room, and Toby’s mom was sleeping with Blaire’s dad- but I don’t think in a sexual way.

I came over and sat down in the downstairs couch.

“Hey.” I jumped at the sound, it sounded somewhat like Toby’s and my heart skipped a beat.

“You still up?” It was her mom.

“Yes, maim.” I said, running my hands through my hair.

“I don’t think I can sleep knowing she’s probably out there, alone and miserable.” Her mom said starting to breakdown crying again. I came over and put a reassuring arm around her shoulders.

“I will find her Ms. Montgomery, that… I promise.”

After a few minutes of crying and me even slipping a few tears now and then, she answered me.

“T-thank you.” She said clutching a blue colored pillow, and smelling it.

“What’s that?” I asked.

“It’s Toby’s pillow, it smells like her. And for some odd reason it gives me closure.” She said, wiping her eyes, and sniffling.

“May I… see it?” I asked, longing for something to remind me of her.

She nodded and handed it to me, I took a whiff of it and felt like crying. It smelled just like her, her naturally amazing smell. I clutched it, giving anything in the world to have her here instead of just this pillow.

“It’s not odd, Ms. Montgomery-.” She interrupted me.

“Call me Annette, please.”

I tried it again. “It’s not odd, ‘Annette’, because it gives me closure too.” I said, sighing and handing it back to her.

She was looking at me oddly.

“You really care about her don’t you?” She stated, but I didn’t mind answering truthfully.

“I do, maim, I do.” I said.

“Here have this.” She said, giving me back the pillow.

“Are you sure?” I hesitated.

“Yes. Very.”

I smiled at her.

“Thank you, so much.” I said, clutching the pillow close to me.

“I’m glad you care about her, she needed someone to care, and I’m very grateful that it was you.” She said.

“I just wish I could have met you under better circumstances.” She said, her features turning sad.

“Me too.” I said, mirroring her expression.

“Well, get a good night’s rest. We’ve got a long day ahead of us.” I nodded as she went into the bedroom, and closed the door.

But how could I sleep, knowing Toby probably wasn’t sleeping right now. Knowing that she could be in terrible, terrible pain while I was enjoying a comfortable couch with heating, and running water. What if she was…? No. I couldn’t let myself think that.

I went and took a shower, and laid myself down to sleep, clutching her pillow. I looked out the back deck at the night sky.

I sighed, looking up at the stars, wondering if Toby was looking at them too.

“I’m coming for you Toby… just hold on baby girl. Just hold on…” I trailed off.

This was going to be a long, lonely night.
♠ ♠ ♠
AWW! everyone's suffering, so saddd. =(

comment & i'll keep the updates a'cominn!

love you guyssss. =))))

-Haleyyy <3