My Knight in Shining...Ah, Screw It. He's an Egotistical Asshole.

(38) My Knight and Shining...ah, screw it. He's a

JACOB’S POV.

So we’ve gone through every house almost. We barged in on the people we didn’t know, saying we were looking for an abducted sixteen year old girl with black hair and brown eyes.

Now we’re going to familiar houses, the ones owned by kids at our school. We even went into Bridgette’s knowing she wasn’t smart enough to put together a kidnapping.

But better be safe than sorry, so we went in hers as well. I ignored her attempts to flirt with me. The love of my life was missing, and she was worried about asking me on a date. How much more shallow can you get?

I scoffed.

Next was that perv, Cody’s house.

The house was gross looking, the paint was chipped, and the roof was falling off. Though the paint was a gloomy gray, and the so was the roof, I couldn’t complain.

We knocked. And knocked…. Knocked.

“Come on, he’s not there.” Max said, walking back down the pair of stairs.

“No.” I shot back. “I’m checking EVERY house.

So what did I do? I sat down right in front of the door.

Hey, I was desperate, give me a break.

Finally I saw movement from the downstairs window, and what’s his face answered the door.

“Can I help you, JACOB.” He spat, looking pissy and annoyed.

“Yes, you can be nicer so I don’t give you another bloody nose.” I threatened.

He scoffed. “Seriously, why are you here?” He pushed.

“We’re looking for Toby, we think she’s been abducted.”

“Oh, and so you think I’m to blame. How not-judgmental of you.” He said sarcastically.

“No. We’re checking every house and town, and now we’re going to check yours.” I said, getting up and brushing off my pants.

“Uh, no your not. If I wanted you in my house, I would invite you NICELY.”

He said trying to slam the door. I just stuck my foot in it’s way.

Hate filled me. All he can do is let me check his house. That’s nothing to what hell I’ve been through.

“Look, CODY. I’ve been through hell and back looking for her, so you’re GOING to let me in.” I threatened, venom dripping every word.

He just fidgeted uncomfortably and let me in. I’m glad he did, or I would have punched him in the face, and let myself in. And he could call the cops on me for all I care, they’ll probably help me find her.

The place was trashed, things thrown around, empty bottles, I mean saying that it was a pig sty- would be a compliment.

It was vomit-worthy.

“What happened in here?” I asked, suddenly suspicious. Toby was a fighter, maybe they had a battle in here.

“I threw a party, my parents are gone hunting for five days.”

I wanted to ask who his friends were, because they’re obviously disgusting, but I’m not here to judge, just to find Toby.

I didn’t find anything. We checked all the bedrooms, and bathrooms, and living rooms and closets. Nothing, she wasn’t here.

“Thank you for letting us in, we’ll find our way back out.” Max said, appearing from one of the bedrooms.

Cody just nodded. I was about to walk out the door when I could hear something.

It sounded like… moaning?

I turned to Cody, not yet outside the door.

“What was that?” I asked, still intensively listening to the sound.

“What was, what?” He asked, fidgeting again.

“That moaning.”

Max just looked at me like I was crazy.

“Come here, idiot. I hear moaning.”

He scrunched up his face in disgust.

“No, not that kind of moaning, I mean painful moaning.”

Perv.

“That’s just my cat.” Cody said, annoyed.

“Besides, I’ve let you in, but I CAN and WILL call the cops on you.” He threatened.

There was something fishy about him, and this house.

“Whatever.” All this house was full of were closest, I’m sure they have a laundry room or something.

“It was probably their cat, Jacob.” Max said, noticing my uneasiness as we walked back to the car.

“Yeah maybe.” I said, still feeling like I should have checked that one door.

TOBY’S POV.

I woke up choking on my own blood. It was repulsive.

I rolled over, feeling very sore and bruised. I flinched with every new movement.

I probably looked like shit. I tried to crawl away, but I found that I’ve been chained to the wall. Both my wrists were clamped in metal cuffs, attached to the wall.

I struggled against myself to sit against the cold wall, despite my constant shivering. Losing blood really makes you cold.

When I get older, I think I’m going to donate my own, to pore girls who need it, probably as much or more than I do right now.

I stayed like this, in silence trying to breathe without expanding my lungs too much so it wouldn’t hit my broken rib.

Whom hurts like a mother, if I do say so myself.

I was just about to be close to feeling calmer, when the door busted open.

“YOU TOLD ME NO ONE WOULD FIND OUT ABOUT HER! YOU SAID THE KIDNAPPING WAS QUIET.” I could hear Cody’s voice.

“SHUT UP!” The their was a loud crash as a body fell down the stairs. It was Cody’s.

“NOW. YOU KEEP THEM AWAY, AND DO AS I SAY YOU HEAR ME!?” My dad roared, and it echoed off the cold, lonely walls around me.

Cody groaned, as my dad’s footsteps faded away.

“Regret your deal you made yet?” I managed to choke out.

He looked up at me, with what looked like plea, or pity.

“No. So shut up.” He said, slowly picking himself up, and moaning in the process.

“Hurts don’t it? Now imagine that times 200. And that’s how much pain I’m in.” I spat, venomously.

He ignored me and walked back upstairs.

At least the bastard could walk.

My stomach growled, hungrily. I hadn’t eaten in over two days.

“I NEED FOOD!” I yelled desperately.

“ I NEED WATER!” feeling my throat burn with thirst.

“I NEED…. I need help.” I said, my voice cracking on the last word. I felt myself start to cry again. And as I sobbed, my broken rib struck my body with mind-numbing pain.

JACOB’S POV.

It was night time now, and every house was clean again. I couldn’t help but feel haunted by the fact that I didn’t check that one door.

“Bud, stop thinking about Cody. He may be a slimy little snake, but I don’t think he’s strong enough or intelligent enough to kidnap her.” Max said, reassuringly, but I still felt guilty.

“I guess your right. I still want to keep checking, we should extend the borders now, search farther.” I said, thinking of where he could have taken her.

“You know… she could be halfway across the country right now.” Max said.

I threw a pot at him.

“YOU CAN’T GIVE UP ON HER! YOU CAN’T!!” I screamed, desperately.

All I wanted was Toby, why couldn’t god give me Toby back?

I should have stayed with her that night, god if only I could do it over again.

“I’m not, I’m just telling you the possibility.”

I sighed, lying myself down on the couch, the exhaustion from the night before eating me alive.

I had only planned to lie down for a second, but I fell asleep.

I could faintly remember Max throwing a blanket over me, and walk out of the room, shaking his head.

“I NEED FOOD!” Toby screamed, bloody and bruised, chained to a wall.

“I NEED WATER!” She screamed again, to no one in particular.

The room was dark, and clammy, something that looked like a basement.

“I NEED… I need help.” She said again, her voice sounded different, dry and crackly.

Then she started to cry

“Someone please help me, I don’t want to die. All I wanted was a nice family, with a loving mother and father.”

“I must have been Hitler in my former life to deserve this.” She whined.

I wanted to smile, even though I was overwhelmed with gut- tearing feelings of sadness, because even when close to death, she could still crack a joke.

I felt like I had died, watching her like that. I couldn’t move either, not if I were to tear my own legs off and drag myself to her, I was just stuck watching.

Where could she be? How did I find her, there had to be some sort of clue!

“CODYY!! DAMNNIT!! I NEED HELP!” She shrieked again, her lip quivering with pain.

Cody!?

I shot out of bed, breathing heavily. It was twelve o’clock at night.

I hurriedly got my shoes on, and ran upstairs to find Max.

He was sleeping on the upstairs sofa.

“MAX!” I whisper-screamed not wanting to wake everyone else up.

Because, if I was wrong about this, then I just took about 3 hours of sleep from everyone, and we needed our strength to keep looking.

“Wh-huh?” He stirred in his sleep.

I slapped him across the face.

“What th-.” But I covered his mouth so he wouldn’t be so loud.

“I had a dream, I know where Toby is, follow me.” I said, happiness beginning to feel me. Something that felt really good, something I hadn’t felt in a long time.

“Dude it’s the middle of the night, and we’ve checked everywhere.” He complained. And to think he says he ‘loves her.’

“You really don’t’ give a shit for someone who supposedly cares about Toby.” I shot at him.

He looked taken aback. “I’m the only one who seems to think realistically around here, besides I’m not willing to get my hopes up like you, asshole.” He shot back.

It was my turn to look taken aback. I guess he did care. I mean I understood that it hurt worse when you build up your hopes and get them crushed.

Besides what were we doing… fighting like this? We needed to find Toby.

“Well, I’m going to find her, so you can come or you can stay.” I said, walking back downstairs and heading out to the car.

Once I got in, and started the car, I heard the passenger’s side door open as well.

“I’m glad you decided to join me.” I said sarcastically. Max just rolled his eyes tiredly.

“You better be right, Naughingham.” He grumbled. I just smirked and drove off.

After a few minutes of driving, I pulled into Cody’s neighborhood.

“So, where are we going?” He asked, scanning the houses.

“Back to Cody’s.” I said, devilishly.

“Dude. I told you, just leave it al-.”

“SH!!” I said, parking the car on the side of the road, not too close to his house.

“Do you see that?” I asked pointing to his driveway.

“See what?” Max complained.

“That’s the truck. That’s the truck that Ms. Montgomery warned us about.” I told him.

“A green truck with chipping paint.” His eyes went wide.

“Your right.” He said, nervously and hatefully.

“But what’s Cody doing working with Toby’s father.”

“Who knows.” I said, quietly getting out of the car. The air was very chilly. Probably because it was so late at night.

We snuck up to the side of the house. Cody’s car was gone, so I assumed he wasn’t there. Max checked the door and luckily it was unlocked.

All the lights were on in the house, so I knew it would be hard to hide. But thankfully they hadn’t cleaned up yet, so we could find shelter in the trash.

Which was gross.

We made our way to the door, and so far so good. We couldn’t hear anything, or anyone I should say. The hardwood floors suddenly creaked, and I shot around, but it was just Max

“Dude, watch where you step.” I whispered to him.

He just nodded as we continued to advance. The door was coming closer and closer, and I felt as if it were taking a million years.

Suddenly it busted open.

“YOU’LL LEARN TO APPRECIATE ME!” A man slurred.

I could hear sobbing coming from the basement bellow, and I knew we were in the right house. Toby was underneath the floor I was standing on.

It took all I had not to punch him till he died, and run to her side. But thankfully, I did it.

Max and I hid behind the bookcase.

His knuckles were white with anger, and all I could think about is how I was going to burry the bodies.

The father followed the floors, drunkenly. Falling over every other step. Finally when he was out of the house, we opened the door and ran down.

God only knows how much happiness I felt looking at Toby.

She was finally here, and with me. Therefore, no one would touch her again.
♠ ♠ ♠
THANKS SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO READS & COMMENTS ON THIS STORY!

I'm so glad you guys like my writing, it means a lot =]]]]