My Knight in Shining...Ah, Screw It. He's an Egotistical Asshole.

My Knight and Shining... ah, screw it. He's an egotistical asshole. (THE END!)

The weekend was over.

Max was fine, thank god.

He had been a trooper.

I rubbed my sleepy eyes, as I hadn’t gotten much sleep.

The steamy shower made goose bumps arise on my arms, but in a comforting “I’m safe” kind of way.

I hesitantly grabbed a pair of dark jeans, and a green hoodie. No doubt my face had been all over the news recently.

That meant that everyone knew about my dad and me. That everyone new how much of a low-life reject I was, and that meant that Bridgette would find everyway she could to tease me.

My mom didn’t say much to me, I guess she was afraid I was the fragile little girl I had been when I was little, as she handed me a plate of butter-biscuits and bacon.

“Mom, I went through a bad experience, not hell. You can talk to me you know.” I said teasingly.

She laughed half-hazardly.

“Sorry honey, I just figured you would need some time to cope. You’re such a strong girl, but you can only take so much beating. Believe me.”

Her soft hand brushed the hoodie away from my head, and she cupped my face lovingly.

“I love you.”

I felt a warm smile creep on my lips, the same one that appeared whenever I was truly happy.

“I love you too, mom.” She smiled a warm smile back.

I finished off my breakfast, and grabbed my book bag.

I felt a momentary flashback.

I hadn’t been to school in so long, it almost felt like I was back to the first day all over again.

“Call me from school if they’re being mean to you, and I swear on my life I will enter you in a private school, or so help me God I will march over there with a wooden spoon and-.”

“MOM-.” I interrupted.

“I’ll be fine.” I laughed at her stance with a wooden spoon ready, and in hand and a vigorous stomping left foot.

I opened the door to the cool and comforting transition of winter to spring.

I had been staring at my feet, but that didn’t mean that I couldn’t hear Jake’s car beat from down the street.

I smiled that smile again.

Suddenly, school wasn’t a scary place anymore.

His fararri parked in it’s usual place, and his handsome figure stepped out of the car.

I felt a jolt of excitement surge through me.

I wouldn’t say that I particularly “ran” to his car, but I went pretty fast.

I dropped my bag and jumped into a hug.

He clutched me lovingly.

And in that moment I wasn’t sure if I’d ever let go. We had been through so much together.

“It’ll be ok.” His raspy, manly voice rose a different kind of goose bumps on my arm.

“With you, I know it will be.”

I let the hug last a little longer before I put the bag into the trunk.

I stepped into the passenger’s side door.

“Hey stranger.” Another familiar voice rang.

I turned to look in the back seat.

There sat Max. Only a few scratches barely noticeable on his face.

I ignored the guilt that threatened a wave of emotion, and let the excitement roll over me.

I jumped over the island, with half my body in the front seat, and half in the back as I gave him a tight hug.

“I missed you! I’m so glad you’re ok!”

“Me?? I’m so glad YOUR ok.” He challenged.

We exchanged a laugh as Jake got into the car.

“So.” Jake started, a mischievous smile creeping across his features.

“Who’s ready to play some music?” His eyebrows wiggled in a silly movement.

I rolled my eyes, and pressed the CD button.

And so the singing began!

I barely noticed when screaming that we had pulled into the school’s entrance.

I still didn’t notice until Jake shut off the car.

Max began laughing crazily in the backseat at our horrible off-note melodies.

I gulped. I could almost feel all the eyes on the car.

I couldn’t help but pray, “Are these windows tinted?”

Jake’s hand pounded on my window and I jumped, realizing that I was more scared than I had led myself to believe.

He smiled and pointed at something. I looked to where his finger was leading and felt relief come immediately.

Blaire and Adam were in front of the car holding hands and smiling at me.

They waved, and I waved back, returning the warm smile.

I stepped out caution, with my hoodie well over my head.

Immediately I felt to strong arms from each side of me.

Max and Jake each shared an arm around my back and marched with me to the front doors.

I felt Blaire and Adam’s hands pat each shoulder and they walked to.

“I’ve been waiting such a long time to sock a bitch out.” Blaire said with gritted teeth, and I almost felt like laughing. But I was too scared to.

I stared at my feet.

“Utoh.” I heard Adam say behind me, and I didn’t dare look up.

I felt both the arms clench in anger, and I knew I might start to cry.

I could feel all sorts of eyes on me.

But when I couldn’t stand it any longer, I looked up.

There- all over the door was pictures from the news, of me before and after, all beat up and ugly.

Bridgette was standing in front of them smiling smugly with her stupid nose held high in the air.

Her friends were around her as well.

Immediately Blaire ran up there, with Adam and Max following behind.

She tore through the pieces of paper, and ripped them into shreds as her whole body shook with anger.

After she was done, she stormed up to Bridgette, who was still looking as cocky as ever.

“YOU FUCKING BITCH! IT’S PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO DESURVED TO BE ABUSED, NOT TOBY!”

“Please, the riff-raff is always a good punching bag.”

Bridgette’s words stung everything inside of me, I knew I was going to cry. Her words just repeated what I had been hearing the whole time in that basement. I clutched desperately to Jacob and buried my head in his shirt. He shushed me, trying to make the hurt disappear.

I heard a crunching sound, and jumped to look up.

Blaire was smiling like a fool while by-standers cracked up with laughter.

Bridgette was screaming in pain and holding her nose, as she ran off. Not even her posse followed her.

Blaire smiled at me and gave me a huge hug.

Her breathing was ragged, but slowing down.

She looked like she had just escaped a police chase, high with adrenaline.

“Excuse me, but I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to report to the principles office.”

I laughed a broken laugh, like the kind that people bellow out in the middle of crying.

“Thanks.” I smiled, wiping my tears.

She nodded and smiled as she walked away, as Adam ran after her.

Jake then turned to me.

“You sure you want to do this?” I nodded, and took a step forward, Max and Jake still by my side.

I’d just have to get this over with.

I took a deep breath and opened the air-conditioned doors.

The smell of school hit me at once and everything just felt like slow motion.

Each sense came to me one by one. The brightness of florescent light bulbs, the smell of cafeteria food, the dry taste of an early morning in my mouth, and the feel nervous sweat dripping down.

But what I heard was strange.

I heard clapping.

I looked around me, feeling like a stranger among familiar faces.

Everyone was clapping and smiling at me.

Cheering for me. Girl’s faces looked in awe, like they were idolizing someone.

Boys even had the same expression.

But the strange thing was everyone; every single petite or large head was looking at me.

Blaire was over near the office, standing with the principle and Adam; all three of them clapping. I laughed.

Even Blaire’s posse was being respectful and clapping.

I felt like home.

I felt like for once, luck was on my side.

They’re cheering brought on two new feelings, ones I thought would never be able to co-exist.

The feeling of love, and family.

The End.
♠ ♠ ♠
GO CHECK OUT MY NEW STORY PLEASE!!

GIVE IT A CHANCE I WORKED REALLY HARD TO MAKE IT A GOOD ONE!!

**COMMENT IF YOU WANT A SEQUAL! I NEED AT LEAST 10 from different people before I'll post it >=) i kno i'm evil.