My Knight in Shining...Ah, Screw It. He's an Egotistical Asshole.

(5) My Knight and Shining...ah, screw it. He's an

There were girls huddled around some guy. I couldn't make out his face, or anything. But he seemed to be taking their compliments pretty well. I looked behind me to see Max leaning up against the wall, rolling his eyes at the group of girls. I just raised an eyebrow at him, and he mouthed, "nothing". So I ignored it ,and headed on my way to the main office.

"Yes miss, may I help you?" The receptionist asked.

"Uh. Yes, i've come for my schedule. I'm new." She flipped through some papers, and pulled out a pink sheet.

"Tabitha, is it?" She smiled.

"Yea, thats me." She handed me the paper, and bided me a goodbye. I read the paper, as I walked to my first class.

1-Calculus.

2- Theatre

3-US history

(Lunch)

4- Sports medicine

I was in theatre? Odd. I never thought of myself much of an actress. I know I wanted to be one when i was five, but then again, what five year old, doesn't?? I walked down the busy hallways. Scanning the numbers on the doorways, to see which room i belonged to. I noticed I had another 200 feet to go, because i was in the 200's and my class number was 431. I studied the pink sheet in my hands thoroughly, to memerize the numbers of each room. I wasn't much of the person to carry around a piece of paper all day. I guess I studied so hard, I didn't see where I was going, because I ran into something tall and hard. I hit my head and mouthed "ouch". Stupid idiot should have been paying attention. I didn't even look up to see who it was. I just stepped around him or her and kept walking, rubbing my head tenderly where it was beginning to throb. I bet i was going to be late now too...damn.

I felt eyes on my back, as I was trying to find my room.

429...430...431! AHA!

"TOBY!" I looked up and saw Max. He was leaning out of the classroom door. Well what'ta ya know? I have math with Max. I smiled eagerly at him, and he walked into class with me. The bell rang soon after as Max motioned me to sit next to him. He said since i was knew, the teacher probably wouldn't care where I sat, and that the seat had been empty anyways. I nodded, and agreed to sit with him. The teacher began talking, and telling us how excited he was for second semester.

Unknown point of view**

I couldn't believe it. She was here! The giggly girl from the park. The one I had lost my game to, because I was distracted by her natural beauty.

She must be new. I had either dated, or made-out with every girl in this school, and I know I hadn't seen her before, because I would have wanted to kiss those soft lips of hers as fast as possible.

Then while walking to my first period. She was sitting there, strutting down the hallway. Looking at a piece of paper. This was my chance! I brushed the girl who was walking beside me, and trying to flirt with me off.

How would I approach her? What do you say? WAIT-

Why was I freaking out?? I always talked to girls with no problems. Psh. All I had to do, was to get her to notice me, then she would look at me and fall in love. She would talk to me. I didn't have to do a thing, but stand their and look good. I pretended I was walking, minding my own buisness.

She got closer and closer, as I got more and more nervous. She was only a few feet away, and BOOM! She ran straight into me. She stumbled back a bit, and took a double take. I was not fased though. I just stood there, and shook my hair to one side, and smiled down at her, giving her my best shot at a heart-stopping smile. I waited...and before I knew it. She had walked off. She had walked off! She didn't even bother to look at me! She passed me, mumbling something like "idiot." I grimaced.

How...how did she not notice me? My mouth dropped, as I watched her cute little figure walk off. She started examining the door numbers, and she smiled when she got the right one. I just stared, amazed still, that she had not been blown away by me. That my plan had not worked.

I felt anger rise in me when I saw Max, stand in the doorway, and look at her. Max never liked girls. I had invited him on many double dates with me, and he had refused. But he was looking at her with this certain motive in his eyes, certain desire. It took all of me not to yell at him. He couldn't look at her like that! I was only allowed to look at her like that!

"TOBY!" He shouted. So that was her name? It was an odd name, but it suited her well. She looked like a Toby. It gave her edge. Making me like her even more. She was one of the few girls in this school without dyed-blonde hair. Though, I couldn't imagine her with blonde hair. I liked the rich darkness of it.

But my heart dropped when I saw her smile widen when she looked at Max. She new him already? Where had they met? How did he know her before I did?

She didn't ignore him, like she did me. UGH! What was wrong with me? I thought girls were naturally drawn to me? My self-esteem dropped low.

The only girl I ever really wanted, and she didn't even notice me. Well, that was going to change. The next time we meet, i'm going to get her to notice me. "She won't ignore me again" I thought to myself, as the bell rang. I tried to shake off the sorrow that filled me, and headed to my first period. As I sat down in a random seat. I couldn't wait to see Toby again... it felt like the time wasn't going by fast enough.

Toby's point of view**

I looked around the room shyly. The only bad thing about coming second semester is that everyone has already develpoed their friends. I even watched Max talk to a group of people. I sighed, doing the lesson plan that was assigned. It was easy stuff, to start out with. Old Geometry and Algebra ll crap. I finished fairly fast, and started to doodle on my paper.

"Hey Toby, come here." Max motioned me to come over. I slid in a seat, behind him and smiled lightly at the friends he was talking to.

"I want you to meet my friends."

He pointed to a girl with soft, light brown hair. She smiled tenderly, and melted my heart. She had a nice smile, and believe me.. you can't say that about everyone.

"Hey Toby, i'm Blaire." She spoke, and her voice was like a little kittens, sweet and innocent.

"I'm Adam." The boy next to Blaire spoke. he had dark hair spiked to the side, and honey brown eyes.

"Hey, i'm uh, Toby. But you guys probably already new that." They nodded nicely.

"Yea, i'm glad all of us are in this class, because I heard that Mr. Worten is strict as all get out." Blaire complained.

"Yea, no kidding I saw him the other day, arguing with his like 90 year old mother." Adam spoke.

"He was all, MOTHER! I DONT NEED YOUR HELP CROSSING THE STREET!" Adam did weird movements, mocking the scene. I chuckled lightly. I usually didn't like people, but I figured things had to change sometime.

" He probably lives with his mom. Just look at him." Max said. He was sitting at his desk,putting a napkin around his neck, and smoothly smearing cream cheese on his bagel.

I laughed. What a freak.

"That's a great way to pick up girls, "You fuck me, and my mom will bake you cookies." I said, and everyone busted out laughing. At least they were nice people.

"Yea. I hate math though. I suck so bad." Blaire sighed, blowing her bangs out of her face.

"I'm with you on that chicka." Adam agreed.

"Really?" I asked, I always found math pretty easy. I hated History though. So boring. Why do we need to know about dead people. Ever heard of the expression "Leave the past, in the past."

"I think it's pretty easy for me. I don't really like History though." I admitted.

"Whoa. I love History!" Blaire exclaimed.

"Do you think, that if I need help in math sometime, you could help me out?" She asked ,her blue eyes scanning me intently.

"Haha. Yea, what about if I need help in history?" I questioned.

"Gotcha wayyy covered, girl. My mom use to be a History teacher, but not the boring kind. She's the one that makes learning fun....Not like him." She said, and we all looked over to our teacher who had cream cheese stuck in his mustache. I laughed.

"Ok. You've got yourself a deal then." I smiled.

"What if i wanna come?" Max said, pouting his bottom lip.

"Maybe, possibly...ONLY IF YOUR LUCKY. Then we can squeeze you in." I said, and elbowed him in the side playfully.

He laughed. "Glad i'm worth your time." He joked. We talked a few more minutes until the bell ran, signaling to our next period.

**

"What do you have next?" Max asked, leading me out of the classroom.

"Theatre. What about you?"

"Physics. But your class, is in the building next to his one, the preforming arts building. It has two red tinted, double doors. Can't miss it, k?"

"Alright. Thanks Max." I said, heading towards the exit.

"See you next period Toby!" He shouted behind me. I don't recall telling him my next period. But maybe he saw, when looking at my schedule in math. So I have two classes with Max? Cool, I felt a little less "on-guard" today, thankful I knew some people here. But as i passed loads of people in the hallway. I didn't no any other face. I bowed my head, as i walked across the patch of grass from one building to the next. I entered the next building, and sure enough there were two bright red doors, couldn't miss it. Just like Max had said. I went in, and the lights were dimmed. There was a huge wooden stage, and loads of movie-type seats all around. I went through the isles, to the rest of the class. They were all near the stage, seated.

I took my seat, as the bell rang.

"ROOOLLLLL CALLLLLLLLL!" A man, who looked about thirty, with dark brown hair, and green eyes said as he leaped from the hidden side of the stage.

"Helloooooooooo students! I am your new, and crazy- can't forget crazy- Theatre teacher!"

"You keep up with my wackyness, and this should be a good semester!" He smiled, and went down the stage steps, grabbed a clipboard, and went back up.

"I want you to say Present when I call you alright? ALRIGHT! HERE WE GO!"

"Leslie Boards." ...."present!"

"Andrew Boone." ...."present!" My name wasn't for a while. I sighed, and began looking at the heads infront of me. There was a girl with dark skin, and dark hair to the far left, then a red-headed boy, with nicely-combed hair. I was guessing he was the suck-up. Just a hunch. A girl with what looked like dyed-blonde hair was giggling to a boy with soft looking, natural, golden blonde hair. It was a nice length, and cut neat. There was a boy next to him, talking to him with dark, raven black hair, and a girl next to him with curly, red-almost brown hair. Then next to her was an asian boy that had already fallen asleep, and another dark skinned boy who I could see, secretly had his i-pod in.

What a good idea. I should have brought my ipod.

"Hello? Is there a Tabitha Montgomery?" I shifted uneasy under my seat. I didn't like the name Tabitha. I felt like I should have been a co-star on Little House on the Praire.

"Here--uh, present." I managed to mumble

"Glad you could come down to earth Tabitha." Chemical hair, infront of me started giggling again.

"Yea, uhm I go by Toby, and I'm not." I snapped, but politely....sorta. I rolled my eyes, but something stiffened. The golden blonde hair boy in front of went tense, with his whole body when I said my name. Hmm.

Odd. I thought.

"Alright, uhm Jacob Naughtingham" This time it was my turn to stiffen. Wasn't that Max's cousin? My eyes darted around to see who it was. I was sure it was the boy with dark black hair, becasue Max had black hair. But instead, the boy with neatly-cut hair stood up. Turned around and bowed towards the rest of us.

"I am most certainly, present." I was frozen. He had the softest looking hair i'd seen in all my years, the kind you want to run your fingers through. His eyes were an ocean blue, and when he smiled, his eyes would seemingly smile as well, squinting at their sides. He had a few freckles, and a smile to DIE FOR. He was like a male barbie doll in real life. Gorgeous in all his beauty. I could see similar characteristics from him to Max. Like the same smile, and nose. I had to keep my mouth from dropping open.

The chemical blondie who was next to him started clapping insanely.

"See class, this is what I expect from you, to be outgoing, and animated, like Mr. Naughtingham here." The teacher smiled and applauded Jacob. He smiled, and turned his gaze to me. Then he did something that made my awe, vanish. He winked at me.

EW. Great, rich boy was egotistical and cocky. All of my respect, and infatuation with him vanished. I just had one question.

1. Was it too late to change classes?
♠ ♠ ♠
what...what was that.
feedback you say??
WHY THANK YOU.
i would like some of that (=