My Knight in Shining...Ah, Screw It. He's an Egotistical Asshole.

(7) My Knight and Shining...ah, screw it. He's an

The next morning was a drag. I honestly debated the thought of rather or not i should skip school today. I hastliy pulled on some light jeans, and a black flowy shirt, with a heart necklace, grabbed some black flats,after i had taken my shower. Then i blow-dried my hair, and turned the curling iron on. My hair was naturally wavy, curly and bouncy like they say in commercials. But i thought i'd neaten up the poofiness of it by man-handleing it and adding some curls with the curling iron. So i did exactly that, and thought, what the hay. I'll put some hair spray in it, and clip it back. I took the shoulder strap of my bookbag and slung it over my right shoulder, grabbed some toast while my mom was bustling around the kitchen in her ironed-suit and high heels, and headed out the door.

I let the buttery taste of the toast dissolve under my taste buds as i walked to the bus stop. I couldn't really fathom this idea that Max had, that me and Jacob Naughtingham might actually have something in common. The memory of my dream from last night flooded through my thoughts, and like lighting i shoved it away. It gave me chills. How creepy that my subconciousness would bombard me with disturbing thoughts. I needed to keep myslef in line. Wouldn't want that to happen again now would we? Certainly not.

As much as i tried not to agknowledge my dream, i also tried not to agknowledge it when the familiar red farrari zoomed by me honking. I just climbed the bus, and scoped it out for Max. He was sitting in the same seat as we had been in yesterday. How sweet, he wanted it to be easier to find him.

"Hiya Max."

"Hey Toby!" His face lit up almost immediately when i said his name.

"May I sit next to you?"

"Of course." he let me through, and i shoved my bookbag near the window.

"How was your night?" He asked, shuffling so his books were on his lap.

"It was boring. Studied, ate and went to bed early, ha. You?" I asked.

"Ugh. I had to blast T-pain while my cousin and some girl were screwing eachother."

"Ew. Gross!" I twisted my face in horror. Who would want to TOUCH that...that, THING. But even as i thought this, the thought was clouded because my dream was flowing through my mind. Jealous threatened the edge of my sanity, but i kept under control.

"Yea, no kidding. I could barely sleep over the music. But trust me, it was alot better than hearing the headboard hit the wall, and echo into my room."

"How completely trashy, and unclassy." I said, uncomfortably as the bust hit a few bumps.

"Ya, it's that, until you experience it. Then it becomes in-human." Max rolled his eyes in disgust, and i couldn't help but hold my gut from laughter. We may not have much in commom, but none of our conversations were boring or awkward. Which to me, is rare, because it was only my second day of knowing the guy.

The bus came to a hault in front of the same spot it had yesterday. Right infront of that monsterous school. Max filed out of the seat, and i followed, but suddenly half way up the isle my books fell out of my bag.

"What the?" I was sure i zipped it up all the way. My eyes soon darted to two figures giggling away. Of course, numbtarts cody, and warren.

"WHY YOU LITTLE MOTHERFU-"

"Aw, common now love, don't be so crude. We thought you needed a laugh." Cody slid is mouth to the side, in that same jerky smug he had yesterday. It was plastered to his face.

"I'M GONNA GIVE YOU SOMETHING TO LAUGH ABOUT ALRIGHT!!" I marched angril across the bus, before I felt a hand grab a hold of my wrist. I tried yanking away, but the grip grew stronger. Not painful, but just strong. In frustration I turned towards the hand. It was Max.

"Come on. I've got your books." I smiled sheepishly at him. Aw, he gathered my books for me... but still, cody needed to pay.

"ASSHOLES!" I screamed, probably unattractively...to the point where spit flies out of your mouth. But whatever, i just hoped my spit found it's way into their eyes, and blinded the little twerps.

"Toby...they're not worth it." Max sighed, putting a finger under my chin, making me look into his stormy grey eyes. I felt my cheeks flair a light shade of pink, and noticed i had a comforting warmth on my wrist where Max had grabbed it. Had it always been like that? Or was today the only day he had actually touched me?

"You're right." I grumbled before sticking my books back into my bag, and decsending the bus.

When we were close to the school, I offered to take my books back, but Max insisted on carrying them to class. I kept edging him to give them back, because I know, at least at my school, that when a boy carried your books for you...it kinda, sorta hinted that you two were going out. But we weren't, and I really hadn't even considered the thought of a serious relationship. HECK! I haven't even considered if I should have friends yet or not. I was definitely more of the lonely type. This book carrying made me want to squirm in my skin. NEVER had Tabitha Montgomery let a boy carry her books. Did this....did this mean something?

I shook the thought when math began.

Focus on formulas Toby, FOCUSSS. I had to remind myself. I wasn't here to dilly-dally. I was going to get a good education and hopefully be able to support me and my mom. Maybe I would even finally convince her to take on counceling. Yea, i know what your thinking..."Your mom seems fine to me." She still wakes up screaming at night, and any loud sudden noise, makes her start shaking and her breathing picks up. If she didn't get some sort of help, she could die early of a heart attack or something. And i couldn't let that happen. My mom was my other half. I didn't need anyone as long as i had her. She was very independent and strong. Most women that went through an abusive marriage are flimsy and have physiological problems. But my mom was pretty good, just an occasional bad dream, and even fewer freak outs.

Math was easy, Blaire was biting on her pencil and cursing under her breathe, and despite myself I helped her out. We laughed at our conversations and I felt sweat develop in my pores as I realized, laughing is what friends do. I shook my head, and hurriedly ran to theater.

"TOBBES, so glad you could make it." Jacob was there, slaughntering his micheveous smile. I gulped, knowing even though he was a jerk, he was really, quite breathtaking. Blonde hair, sideswept, with a white, white WHITEEE smile. What more could you want?? OH! That's right, and blue eyes....really, hang a poision apple in my face after I haven't eaten in a year. You want it, but it will kill you. See the problem with him? Deff. wasn't worth it. TRUST ME.

We acted out more Romeo and Juliet in class, but Mr. M, said we would be moving on to more Shakespeare, and then work our way up to more modern plays.

Today was also more of the volunteer crap, and again, i didn't raise my hand. I didn't like pretending to like people. This stupid town was stupid enough with their big houses and big schools. I didn't think i HAD to cooperate with their stupid rich-attitudes all day. So i took out my hoodie from my backpack and plopped in my i-pod headphones, and started to listening to Hey Brittany -by Forever The Sickest Kids. I tapped my fingers on the armrest to the beat, and rested my head back, in hopes i would drift to sleep again. I felt a tapping on my shoulder...hmm, must be Max again. SO I DID SLEEP! I thought cheerfully in my unconscious mind. I blinked them open to a yellow blur, but when my eyes cleared out. I had to hold down throw up noticing it was Jacob Naughtingham.

"What do YOU want?" I growled up at him.

"Since I'm the star student, Mr. M said i could pick a student to do a whole chapter with me." He smiled.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS!?" I darted my eyes at Mr. M. He coward back a little and nodded feebishly.

"Look, sweetheart... suck it up. A lot of people would happily rather do it, if you don't want to."
Bridgette shot at me, but looking up at Jacob innocently when she said "would happily rather do it". I didn't hide my urge to roll my eyes. I really had an urge to like...kill a certain FAKE BLONDE at the moment, but i refrained. whoo.

"LOOK witch-ette, take my spot, really. I could CARE LESS!" I screamed at her. She gaped her mouth open in complete shock.

Yea, that's right. Little dark haired girl got spunk. I thought, and felt a smug smile creep across my lips.

"That's enough, Miss Montgomery." Mr. M said, Oh, so NOW he speaks up.

"See, Jakeyy...you're better off being MY partner." She plainly ignored my insult. Even though, I knew she wouldn't let it go that easily.

"Yea, JAKEYY." I turned my smug smile on him. Pointing out her idiotic nickname for him.

He looked to me with pleading eyes. I felt my smile widen harder at his distress, as his eyes darted from me to Bridgette. But when i looked into his eyes, and saw how truly unhappy he was with being stuck with BITCH-ette, my smile fell. I didn't like seeing people sad. That was one trait i certainly DID NOT get from my father.

"But uh..uh. You said I could pick, right Mr. M?" Jacob asked, pleadingly.

"Yes, unless of course Tabitha feels very uncomfortable doing so. I wouldn't want to force her do anything. Though it would improve her grade." Mr. M, said. His eyes staring a hole through me, trying to somehow convince me to go. Well, sorry to bust his bubble, but i didn't want to do it.

I turned my gaze to Jacob, and jumped back at his closeness. When did he move that close? My breath strangely caught in my throat. His Oceany eyes poured into mine. Reading me. I felt so vulnerable. What was he seeing?

"Please...Toby. Do it for me." I felt bad, realll bad. He obviously didn't want to be stuck with bitch-ette either, but of course, who would? My stomach punched itself, and my some odd feeling in my chest told me I had to do this. I sighed, giving in. This town was making me go soft.

Or this boy.... WHAT!! I did NOT just think that.

"Fine, but only for the grade, Naughtingham." I shot at him, getting up, grabbing a book and taking one long, athletic jump onto the stage.

"You coming or what?" I said, hiding my faint smile.

He just looked at me puzzled.
"Yea, I am." He said, climbing on stage and joining me in another lovey-dovey performance, that by the end had Mr. M in tears. He was croaking out "BRAVO!" wiping away droplets of water.

We weren't that good were we? He was probably only clapping, because Jacob like paid him to or something, in order to keep me up here. But wouldn't you have to like...i dont know, CARE about the person if you did that? Ha. Nah, Jacob Naughtingham did NOT care about me. That much was obvious right?

Jacob's point of view.

My heart thudded in my chest when i saw her walk through the theater doors. Gah, i swear..every time i see her she gets prettier and prettier. It kept getting harder to pretend i didn't like her. I didn't even pay attention to Bridgette, and Demitri tell me about how great my performance was. Disappointment washed through me instead. I had just gotten off stage, and had given everything and worked my ass of to make the fight between Romeo and Tybalt amazing. All to impress her.. and what was she doing when i sat down. SLEEPING! Geeze, you know. Sometimes i want to shake her and beg her to take me seriously. To at least acknowledge me only one-tenth of the amount that I acknowledge her. She didn't know how frustrating and stubborn she was. Of course, I assume it was my fault she didn't take me seriousley.. I was the one who decided to play the bully-card in order to get her to notice me. But every little fight we had, made me like her more and more. The way her eyes would dilate when she got angry. Or how her fists would curl when she couldn't think of a comeback. The way... ugh. I shook my head, trying to escape my thoughts of her. I didn't like, LOVE her did I? I didn't know. All i knew, is that I cared, deeply for this girl. Couldn't she see that?

***** COMMENT & RATE! :)
♠ ♠ ♠
comment, rate, subscribe. MAKE ME HAPPY.