My Knight in Shining...Ah, Screw It. He's an Egotistical Asshole.

(8) My Knight and Shining...ah, screw it. He's an

Max came and got me soon after that, and we walked to third period. Anyone else see the pattern that Max keeps walking me to classes? I mean I understood the first day, but-not being mean- why was he still doing it?

"How was Theater?" He smiled cheerfully.

"Did you know that your cousin is unbelievablly annoying?" I smiled back, sarcastically.

"Yes. I knew that, but i'm surprised that he's mean to you." He admitted.

"What does that mean?"

"It means, that he's usually nice to girls, and tries to sweet talk them. I don't think i've EVER seen him be mean to one, not ONCE."

"Hmm, lucky me."

"Hahahahha." Max started laughing.

"Well, when Mr. Bipolar comes back to reality, let me know."

"Alright, but not to dissappoint you, but.. I don't think Jacob's ever gotten a reality check."

"Great." I said, as we entered class, and took our seats.

The bell rang, and wouldn't you know, Jacob came in last minute.

"Hey." Blaire said as we took our books out.

"Hey" Max said. I just nodded, I wasn't really good with girly confrontation.

"GOOOOOD MORNINNGG CLASS!" Our teacher sang, as she waltz through the door.

"I have a proposal for you. So settle down." After the class had finally quieted down, she smiled at us.

"Alright, as you know we're learning about the new world in America soon.. So i'm going to make a deal with you."

"You can either have a good amount of homework this week or do a project." The class broke out in whispers.

"Aw, i love projects." Blaire said, amoungst the whispers.

"BUT!" The teacher said over the voices.

"I get to pick your project partners." The class roared in groans and boo's. Idiots.

"I know. I know, but i'm going to take a vote."

"Who would rather do homework? Raise your hands." A few hands went up.

"Alright, project?" Then the rest of the hands went up. Along with a cheerfully raised hand by Blaire.

"Project it is then, hold on. I'm going to fetch my attendance sheet, and then i'll pair you guys up." She smiled, going to her desk and coming back.

"Let's see..."

"Larry, with Beth."

"Anna with Sierra."

"Patrick with Miranda."

"Blaire with Max." Great, now who am I going to be paired with?

She continued listing off names. While I rested my head on my arms, and listened to Max and Blaire chat away.

"Demitri, and Tommy"

"I think that's all...who's left?" I raised my hand absent-mindedly, not bothering to raise my hand.

"OH! I almost forgot, Jacob and Toby."

"WHAT!?" I screamed, lifting my head.

"Is that a problem Ms. Montgomery?" Her eyes narrowed, and she lowered her head. I knew she only used your last name when she was upset.

"No..I guess not." I mumbled, and reached down to get a piece of paper, as I felt a presence next to me.

"Hey Princess." Said a smiling Jacob.

"Uhm, when did I give you permession to give me nicknames?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

"When you agreed to preform with me on stage. Out of your own free-will." He winked. Great. I had a feeling he wasn't going to let that go.

"I told you, it was for the grade."

"Sure, whatever you say Princess." He said leaning back in Max's former chair.

"I-!" I was about to protest when the teacher spoke, cutting me off short.

"Now, i'm going to pass out different colonial explorers, ok? I want you to each do a one page report on them, and then do a poster on it together. "

"So, what do we do now princess?"

"Ok. One- stop calling me that, and Two- WE do nothing, I'M going to the computer lab for research." I said getting up, and going to the teacher's desk. I earned a concern look from Max on the way as well.

"Ms. Thomas, may I get a pass to the computer lab please?" She smiled up at me, and grabbed a sticky note.

"Make that two please." An ANNOYING voice said from behind me.

I turned and glared at Jacob.

"Well, I figured I need to stick with my partner." He said scratching his head.

"Ah, this is right Mr. Naughtingham. You two will go down there together." Mrs. Thomas said.

I gave her the 'are you serious' look. I mean really, this kid had like EVERY teacher wrapped around his little cocky finger.

Without waiting for my "partner", i took off out the door, and down the hallway. I could faintly hear footsteps getting louder and louder. That is until an arm worked it's way around my waist.

I jumped back in horror. Escaping the clutches of Jacob Naughtingham

"WHAT. Are you doing?"

"Well, you were walking really fast, so I thought i'd slow you down."

"Ever thought the reason I was walking fast, because I actually DIDNT want you to slow me down?"

"Hmm?" I pressed.

He shrugged and kept his stride even with mine.

"Whatver, but when we get there I expect you to study you know."

"I'll be studying something alright..."

"What was that?"

"Nothing. I will."

"Okay, good."

"Good."

"Great."

"GREATT! LIKE FROSTED FLAKES!"

"ugh..really? Like...REALLY?"

But the only response I got was Jacob's infamous, cocky smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
pleaseee. I would enjoy any type of feedback!