Hummingbird with Hammers for Wings

'the swan doesnt remember the last song it sings'

This is a different kind of lonely. This is lonely reinvented and lying on your kitchen counter all wrapped up pretty and hideous. It’s like a snake waiting for you to strike. I’m just made up with all your papier-mâché nonsense. It really doesn’t do anything for me, you know. Your phone is ringing and someone else answers. It doesn’t surprise me as much as I thought it would. You’re probably out getting your hair redone. While I’m sitting on my kitchen counter waiting for you to come back from a year long liquor run.

You shouldn’t feel like you need to check up on me. I’m perfectly fine pretending to sleep in your arms. I may have left the fridge open, but at least I glued my heart shut. Your apartment is trashed anyway, I’m figuring. The planets are aligning inside my chest.

The corners of the room are dusted, just in case. I’ve already ordered the boxes to pack my beliefs in. The freezer already lost electricity, but your eyes still hold strong. I’m just the curb outside your house. I’m just the mess inside your head. I’ve boiled over, please hand me a dish rag. These sentences aren’t as put together as you would think. You were always one to assume. I’m still looking for an exit door, but all I can find are entrances.

If you pull the string in my back maybe I’ll sing for you. But my batteries died ages ago. Each day drags into forever. My head is just in the clouds. It’s all really confusing on a clear day. But today it is raining so I don’t have to worry about that too. I’ll just look through the steam right to the future.

All my insides are on my outside as I wait for life to turn right again.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's only non fiction and fiction because is slips somewhere in between.