Adore

And so it goes...

I sat next to you on the long ride home. You two broke up at her party. Her birthday party. What kind of celebration is that?

And instead of cheering because of the break up, I'm feeling sad for you. You're single now, but you're also sad. I don't even know how I could've wanted this so much before. It was selfish of me to want you away from where you were happy to where you were back to sadness with me. I didn't even know if I even had a chance with you in the first place.

"Where the hell are we anyways?" you groan.

I look down at the map and see that-

...

I had no idea where we were.

"We're---I'm lost." I admit, not daring to look at you.

You laugh a laugh that's somewhere between sarcasm and insanity, "Great! She has me drive all the way out of town to some crappy club only for me to get dumped and lost with you; the worst map reader ever!"

"Hey!" I say with a quivering voice, "I told you that I couldn't read maps all that well, but you totally insisted I come. You rushed me right on out and I kept on warning you, but 'you were in too much of a hurry' to listen to what I had to say. So this just means that this is mostly your fault!"

Maybe I should take back what I said about being sad for you. But then...

"Okay, Karry. You win. Let's pull over." you say.

I look over at you, surprised. You usually didn't quit so easily in an argument. Maybe that's because you barely get sleep anymore, you've been driving for a total of four hours as of today, and because you were kind of just dumped at your girlfriend's birthday party.

Possibly. Maybe. Yeah.