Adore

All You Need To Save Me

"Hey..." I snap my fingers, "you okay?"

"Um..." you only say, cough, then hand the paper back to me.

I frown at you then look down at the aper. Instead of words, I see drawing. A drawing you did of her.

"I'm sorry." I mumble and throw it at the floor. Then I fumble through the side pocket again and hand you the real directions.

Instead of unfolding it, you chuck it at the dashboard and pres your head against the window. And then came sniffles...

I whisper your name once and you don't' answer. You just put a hand over your eyes and slide it slowly down your face. The guilt pours over me.

"I-I'm sorry." I say. "Want me to drive?"

You just back up and lay in your seat, "It's alright. I can."

"You sure?"

"Yes!" you growl.

"How about we just, you know, talk?" I suggest.

You shrug and cover your eyes with both hands this time.

"Did you love her?" I blurt out, regretting so as I went through the last word.

To my surprise you actually reply, "Yeah. I guess I did."

"I'm sorry."

"Why?"

"What?"

You then raise your voice, "Why do you keep on saying that?"

"Because I am!" I answer while shaking my head.

"Just...forget it. I'm the sorry one, okay?" you say then murmur something.

"Excuse me?"

You're looking at me now. You look so suddenly drained with your bloodshot eyes that drooped and were watering, the limp of your lips, and the more defined lines in your face. I just grab your hand as you broke my heart.

"I said I wish we were still lost." you admit, making my eyes go wide.

You sigh and continue, "At least I'd be out of these town and without all this fucking stress I have to deal with everyday. At least it'd be just me and you..."

I swallow hard and I can feel my heart. It's beating so hard and fast. Like bruising the inside of my chest...

"Me and you?" What do...do you mean by that?" I say softly.

"Thank you so much." you just say and step out the car.

I stumble out and rush over to your side of the car "What did you mean?"

You eyes drop to the floor, so I grab one of your hands and ask you again.

You look up into y eyes this time. And my god, those big, beautiful, hazel eyes...

"Remember what we were talking about earlier tonight?" you say.

I nod, still staring straight at you.

"We were talking what important things we still had to do. I had said you were wrong about saying we didn't have anything to do. I didn't let you know why." you reply.

Now I can feel the heat radiating off my face. Maybe it was the heat coming off your face, though. But it might have been both of us because we looked equally as red.

"Well, it's that...every moment I spend with you is important to me." you stutter, but make my heart burst anyways.

"I, um, I..." you say and finally let our stare go.

I look down and see that I'm still holding onto your hand. You notice and give my hand a small squeeze.

"I love you, Karryann. I...do." you say.

I look up at you again and gather up everything in me to not melt right there in front of you.

"I love you too." I finally say.

You smile and grab my other hand bring it up to your lips.

"Thank you for everything..." you breathe and kiss the back of my hand.

Next you let go of both my hands place one of your hands under my chin. Then you let the fingers of your other hand stroke my cheek. I smile and look up at your eyes and I see the life was back...

Just when I realize this, you lean in and I do the same. Your lips met mine in one of the happiest moments of my life. It was where everything kind of stopped except for our hearts. Where I can feel the same amount of fright, nervousness, happiness, and just everything else you did. Where we knew it was going to be just me and you...