Status: Updates slowly, slight writers block

Nose Straps and CD's

Chapter 19

I woke up on the day of my birthday and groaned. I opened my eyes and noticed that Kai wasn't in the room. I walked to the bathroom to take a shower, then I blow dried and fixed my hair and I also did my make up. Thinking about the rude surprises I've gotten before, I want to look good in case there's something waiting for me outside my bedroom door. I walked outside and looked around before walking down the stairs to the kitchen. No one. I walked into the living room. Dead. Now, this was really starting to annoy me. I walked back upstairs to see if they were in their rooms. Nope. The whole house was dead, empty. I was the only one there. And I know that both Aoi and Uruha spent the night.. Where have they gone? And where is Kai?

"Hello?" I yelled as I entered the kitchen. I sighed and went to open the fridge when I noticed a note on the fridge door. I took it and unfolded it.

Fall,
Gone out shopping, be back soon.

Storm and Rain.

P.S We hijacked Kai as our driver. :P


I sighed, knowing that 'soon' could be in about a six hour time, at least. And since they've taken the car, I can't go after them. I know I've been through a lot when it comes to surprises, but I've never been through this. They seemed to have completely forgotten about my birthday. Now that's just not fair!

I ended up spending a few hours in front of the TV watching whatever was on. I had tried to call the girls and Kai, but they didn't answer.
I was just about to give up and turn the TV off when the front door opened and the girls entered with Uruha, Aoi and Kai. I ran up to Kai and kissed him.

"I've missed you!" I said and pouted.

"Missed you too.." he whispered and kissed me again.

"So, you guys had fun?" I asked and he shrugged.

"It was okay, but it would've been much better if you were with us. But the girls insisted to let you sleep in.. Come on, I'll make you something to eat."

He lead me into the kitchen and started to make me food. The girls carried up several bags to their rooms, with Aoi and Uruha right behind them. The girls aren't that big on shopping, but every now and then they go on a shopping spree. I guess this was one of those times. I mean, the amount of shopping bags was ridiculous! It was bag after bag after bag, like a never ending stream of bags. How could they afford all of this? Oh, right, I bet the guys payed for most of it.

"So, what did you guys do?" I asked and Kai shrugged.

"The girls went from store to store, and the guys paid for most of the stuff.. That's about it.." he said and sighed. "And I got to carry most of the bags."

"Aaw, you poor thing!" I said and kissed his cheek. He smiled and then put the food on two plates. We sat down to eat, the girls still running around like crazy. Then they entered the kitchen and sat down at the table with us.

"Hey Fall.." Aoi said and waved at me.

"Had fun? Out of money yet?" I teased and he huffed.

"I'm famous! I have lots of moneh!" he said and I rolled my eyes.

"So, what did you buy?" I asked the girls.

"Eh, you know, this and that.. Clothes mostly.."

"Okay, cool.."

"Oh yeah, the guys are coming over soon.."

"Okay, cool." I said and emptied the plate. Kai took it and put both our plates in the sink.

Five minutes later, Ruki and Reita entered the house without knocking. No knocking needed really, we were all like a big family anyway.

We hung out for a while before the girls said that they wanted to take a walk with me, have some girl time. So we did, we walked to our little spot in the woods close to our house and sat down. We were silent, but that was our girl time for you. We went to our spot to just hang out and relax, and after wards we felt closer to one another than we were before. Words are not always needed, you know.

After about two hours I opened my mouth.

"Come on, the guys must be wondering where we are.." I said and the girls nodded.

When we got back to the house Kai was waiting outside.

"You were gone for too long!" he whined and kissed me.

I laughed. "Well, we tend to lose track of time when we have our girl time, sorry."

He took my hand and we walked into the house. He led me into the living room and I gasped when I saw what they had done in the time we'd been gone. A big banner saying 'Happy Birthday!' was hanging from the ceiling and there were a mountain of gifts by the back wall. Kai left to walk into the kitchen to return seconds later holding a cake. The guys started to sing Happy Birthday for me and I just laughed.

"Happy birthday honey." Kai said when they were done singing and smiled. "Make a wish."

I smiled and then blew out the candles. When they all were out the guys cheered.

"I thought you'd forgotten!" I said to the girls.

"Us? Forgetting your birthday? Who do you take us for?"

"Well, I.. I don't know!" I said, laughing.

"Come on, open your presents now!" Aoi said and I laughed.

"Okay!" I said and giggled.

I got a whole bunch of stuff from the guys, clothes, plushies, a white Nintendo DS with a ridiculous amount of games.. It was the best birthday ever.