Rollercoaster

Chapter 11

Frank's POV

I slowly walk out of Newark's Home For Girls. I feel bad for leaving Aimee there, but I can't exactly just take her with me. She needs to learn to trust me first. That's why I made those promises, so she can see I'm not lying.

I open the door to the bus and find everyone's staring at me. I don't feel much like talking, so just head to my room. I lie on my bed and put my head in my hands. I can hear footsteps outside and whispers until finally Gerard comes in.

"Y'alright?" He takes a seat at the desk.

"What does it matter." I say as I roll over on my side.

"This is about the kid, isn't it? God Frank, just leave her. She'll be fine." What reassuring words coming from a best friend...

"No she won't! She has no one, and that dump won't help her..."

"And you think you will?" He had a point. "Think serious here Frank, we're not dealing with anything here, this is a girl's life we're talking about. I mean, come on, you're only 11 years older than her for crying out loud!"

"So. Who said anything about being a father figure?"

Gerard's eyes widened when I said this. He was obviously taken aback.

"You've thought about this haven't you?" He laughed.

"It's not funny, now get out." I say as I shove him out the door.

And I meant what I said. I wasn't joking about and yes Gerard, I have thought about it.