Rollercoaster

Chapter 12

Aimee's POV

I didn't sleep much that night, with Dad being behind bars and Frank Iero hugging me and telling me everything was going to be okay, I couldn't exactly think of anything else. After what seemed like a lifetime of tossing and turning I finally dozed off.

After about 5 minutes something bright was shined in my eyes, so I woke up. I opened my eyes to see the curtains pulled wide open and the sun shining through. I looked at my watch. 9:27 am. Crap. I've just got to sleep and it's half nine already! Today was my first day of school. The care home staff thought it'd be better if I left my old school and started new here, because everyone was basically in the same situation as me.

I quickly got changed into my Avenged Sevenfold tee, jeans and converse. I threw my skeleton hoodie over my head, grabbed my black rucksack and ran downstairs. Room 12. When I reached it, I was just about to knock, and the door opened.

"Miss Jones, I would appreciate it if you could make it in time for class," I looked up to see an older man standing there, not looking at me, "Inside. Take your seat."

I walked into the class, followed by laughter and pointing my way. I searched for a seat. There was one at the far back, away from everyone else. Perfect. I shuffled to the back and sat down. Everyone's gaze followed my movements. I tried to ignore them, and turned to page 280 in the maths textbook.

I had got to the last question when Mr Peterson left the room for a minute. As soon as he left, something flew across the room and hit me. Everyone laughed and I picked up what they threw. It was a piece of paper attached to the cover of the book. I opened it and was shocked at what I saw. The bell rang and I shoved it in my sack along with my books.

The whole day was pretty much the same as that first lesson. It didn't shock me that much, I mean I was different and they obviously didn't like it, but it hasn't really happened to me since fourth grade. The only difference was that Anna wasn't here to help. No one was.

Lunch was the worst though. We all piled into the canteen. I looked for a table where I could just sit and be ignored from everyone else. There were so many tables here. Even though it was just a care home, the school was just like a normal school. There were the preps, jocks, cheerleaders, nerds, basketball players, bullies, musicians, drama students, art students, and me. Everytime I went to sit at a table, someone else got up and pushed me away. In the end, I just went up to my room and gave up. I wasn't that hungry anyway...