Rollercoaster

Chapter 21

Frank's POV

"What?" I don't quite get what Gerard is talking about. This is Aimee's home.

"Ya know. Back to the home." He looks up into my eyes.

"Are you kidding me?! No! You saw what happened there! She's better off here. With me." I get up off the couch and stand above him.

"Yeah dude, but look what's happening. She's getting worse every day. I mean, she ran off. She could have been killed! Then she goes and smashes the mirror up. What's she gonna do tomorrow, huh?" He stands to join me.

"That's it!" An idea suddenly pops into my head and I rush up the stairs.

I quietly knock on the door of Aimee's room.

"Come in," She mumbles.

I walk in, a smile finding its way on my lips. She was sitting up on the bed hugging her knees, the way she was when I found her yesterday.

"I was thinking," I took a seat beside her. "How would you like to go back? I mean, not back like I'm leaving you, cause I'm not! I mean. Umm. Remember your friend Anna? Like back to see her and stuff. And to... Well conquer your fears. Not that I'm saying you're scared of everything, I mean everyone's scared of something. Like me and spiders. Damn, I hate those things. Well I'm kinda getting beside the point. Listen, what I'm trying to say is..."

She cuts me off, those olive green eyes smiling up at me. She giggled innocently.

"I know what you're trying to say Frank." She smiles, her free arm reaching out for a hug. "I'd love to."

1 hour later

"Ready to go?" I call upstairs, reaching for the keys on the table.

"Yep!" She runs down the stairs, having gotten changed the hundredth time, though she looks exactly the same as before.

"We're off," I yell before closing the door behind her.

We slowly drive up the familiar roads of Newark. All the houses look as if they're out of a story. All the gardens are neatly kept, flowerbeds in row with the other houses. Another thing that catches my attention is the colour. All the houses are the exact same shade of white, that glow slightly in the afternoon sun. The green grass goes nicely with the white and yellow tulips. Oh my god, listen to me. Since when have I been a flower decorator?

"Wait, wait!" Aimee shouts, jumping excitedly in her seat. "That's it! That's her house!" She says, pointing to a house across the street.

I carefully park the car on the sidewalk and we get out. I reach for her hand, and she holds it tightly. I could tell she was nervous. She always bit her cheek when she was worried, she never needed to say.

We made our way slowly up the drive. A red jeep was parked in it. At least I knew she wasn't going to be let down. I rang the doorbell and waited. Almost at once, a red - haired woman came to the door and flung it open in a hurry.

"Aimee?" She turned her head to the side. She mustn't have recognised her.

"Hi Mrs Moore." Aimee stepped forward and the small woman embraced her in a tight hug. We entered the house. It was even nicer inside than out. It had an instant warm feeling about it as soon as you entered it.

"Is Anna here?" Aimee jumped up from her seat.

"Umm, I don't know if it's best, honey." Mrs Moore had a worried look about her.

"Please? I only want to see her. To say hi." Aimee put on her puppy dog eyes and she eventually gave in.

Aimee ran up the stairs in a hurry. Mrs Moore put her head in her hands.

"What's wrong?" I bent down, making sure she was okay.

"Today wasn't such a good idea..." she said, turning to me.