Rollercoaster

Chapter 25

Aimee's POV

As we made our way home from school, I knew I was liking Sean more and more. I know we hadn't known each other that long, but everytime he smiled at me and we talked, it felt like we'd known each other all our lives. After all that had happened recently, it felt good knowing that I could finally be myself with the guys and learn to laugh again.

He stopped walking when we reached a small street with "Camden Drive" in large white letters on a small iron sign.

"I just need to tell my mom I'm home and then we can head out," He turned to me, "Is that okay?"

"Sure." I was more than happy to meet his mom, after all, he was going to meet Frank and the guys.

He happily led me along house after house, in search of his own. I found the houses so strange here. All identical in every way, nicely kept gardens and smiley, happy people living in them. It didn't feel like we were in New Jersey at all.

Stopping at a house with a large 11 written on the wall beside it, we walked up the stone paving. He quietly opened the door and called up the stairs. I remained outside, not sure of the response I would get.

A small woman almost instantly ran down the stairs, yelling at the top of her lungs.

"Where have you been young man?" She shouted, smoothing down his messy (yet perfect) fringe. "What have I told you about those clothes?" She said, picking at his mcr tee. Oh great. She was going to hate me.

"Mom!" He whined. Remembering about me standing there, Sean turned to me. "Mom, this is Aimee." He introduced us.

She walked out, immediately staring strangely at me. Stringy fair hair had been pulled into a navy coloured scrunchie. She wore a suit, navy coloured to match the scrunchie and pale green eyes stared at me over thick rimmed glasses.

"Pleased to meet you, Mrs Wilson." I said nervously.

"Hmmmm." She thought aloud, staring at my lip ring. "That's an er ... interesting piercing." I twiddled at it, wishing it would disappear. Wishing I would disappear.

She tugged at Sean's arm and turned to me. "Would you excuse us please?" They headed into the lounge, after which I heard many shouts from both Sean and his mother. The door suddenly burst open and Sean turned to me.

"Let's go." He said hastily, opening the front door. Mrs Wilson followed us and grabbed Sean's arm, still shouting.

"I'm not finished speaking with you, young man!" She yelled, pulling him back into the house.

But his force was too strong for her, and he pulled away, taking my hand.

"I am." He spoke quietly and we started to run back down the street we had just come from.