Rollercoaster

Chapter 26

Aimee's POV

Five minutes later and we were still running. I don't exactly know why. His mother had stopped chasing us long ago. I don't think he realised. I guess he just wanted to get away. Like me sometimes.

I stopped running, pulling my hand away from his. He shortly caught on and turned round, a puzzled look on his face.

"What are you doing?" He panted.

"I'm sick of always running away from things." I looked at him. He looked so confused. I guess he had no idea what I was on about. After all, I hadn't told him about my life yet. I didn't exactly want to put him off.

Instead of asking, he just gently reached for my hand. I smiled and took it and we continued down to Gerard's house.

We were about a block away, when I heard a familiar voice.

"Ooooh, Emo's got herself a boyfriend!"

We turned round in unison to see Sarah and Anna standing behind us, smirking.

"Now they can cut together!" Sarah spat and they both laughed.

I didn't want Sean to think I was a wimp, but I didn't want him to think I was rowdy and got into fights, so I just kept quiet and looked at my converse.

He peered at me, making sure I was okay and stepped forward, face to face with Sarah.

"Oh yeah?" He looked at Anna, who's face was now bright red, before turning back to Sarah. "Well at least she can get a boyfriend. I honestly don't know who in their right mind would go out with a slapper like you."

Oh my God. I couldn't believe this was happening. Not only did Sean stick up for me, but he said I was his girlfriend (sort of). I can dream, can't I?

And with saying that, he turned back around, a huge smile forming its way on his lips, took my hand in his and we headed up to Gerard's again.

At the end of the street, he stopped walking and looked back. They were still standing there, not moving at all. Sarah's mouth had dropped open, forming a huge "O" that could be seen from miles away and Anna's face was still red, probably from humiliation.

Sean stepped forward again, still tightly holding my hand.

"Oh and I wouldn't do that if I were you, guys don't really tend to go for the trout look." He shouted up.

He turned to me, grinning with all his teeth like a little child. No. Like Frank.