Rollercoaster

Chapter 28

Aimee's POV

I smiled to myself as I watched over Sean's sleeping body on the couch. I can't believe he fainted, I thought he was going to be okay with it. Well I guess if Frank Iero came in randomly and said hi you would faint too.

He turned over, eyes still closed, making the blanket fall to the ground. I quietly picked it up and put it over him. He looked so cold...

I carefully bent over him and tucked it in at the sides, when his eyes opened.

"Mornin'" He squinted in the light, coming through the curtains.

"Shit!" I fell back in surprise, while the blanket flew through the air.

"You weren't watching me, were you?" He smirked.

"Me? I wouldn't do something like that..." I defended.

He laughed quietly and stopped as Frank came in from the kitchen, holding a tray.

"Feeling better?" He smiled and handed us both a cup of coffee.

Sean's eyes grew freakishly wide and he suddenly got paler than usual.

Please don't faint again I thought.

Instead, he just stared blankly into his cup and said nothing to Frank. I needed to explain everything to him. He probably didn't have a clue about what was going on.

"We'll be back in a minute," I said, standing up and leading Sean upstairs.

Minutes later

Awkward silence grew as tears streamed down my face. I thought they would never stop. I just did the most difficult thing. Told Sean the truth. Everything from mom leaving me with dad to moving into Gerard's house and having to go back to the school here with Sarah and Anna.

He remained silent the whole time, taking everything in as it came spilling out of my mouth. I guess he just didn't know what to say. He thought I was trying to make a fool out of him, getting someone to pretend they were Frank because I knew he liked the band. How wrong he was...

Slowly, he moved from his position by the door and sat beside me, on the bed. He reached out for my hand and held it tightly.

"I never knew it was like this," He began, "I'm so sorry, Aimee."

I just kept silent, staring at the floor. There's nothing he could have done to stop what had already happened. This feeling he had was probably just sympathy. I wouldn't blame him if he wanted nothing to do with me. I didn't deserve him. Just like everyone else...

I pulled my hand away from Sean's grasp and wiped the tears that were rolling down my cheeks. I didn't want him to see me like this. For him just to go into school and tell everyone and make my life a living hell.

I put my head in my hands.

"Why don't you just leave?" I mumbled, not taking my gaze away from the floor.

I could tell he was watching me from the corner of my eye.

"Why would I do that?" He said, a serious tone in his voice.

"It's me. Everyone that I cared about most eventually left me, so save me the trouble and do it now." I sniffed, unable to breathe because of the amount of tears I shed.

Without thinking, he leant forward and moved my hands away from my face.

I tried to protest, but he put his finger over my lips to stop me.

"I'm not gonna leave you. Trust me." He reassured me with a smile.

I looked into his turquoise eyes. They were so full of hope. I knew that he wasn't kidding anymore.

Without warning, he leant in gently and locked my lips with his in a kiss.