Rollercoaster

Chapter 3

Although it's only half eight, I call to my best friend, Anna's. Her house is like my second home, though I wish it was my first...

We've known each other for about seven years, so she's like a sister to me. I tell her everything, though not stuff about Dad. I'm scared to tell her in case it gets out, and he ends up in jail again, and I'm on my own...

Ding Dong

"Aimee?" A very sleepy Anna looks at me strangely. She stands there in her skeleton pajamas (just like Gerard's) and Nightmare Before Christmas slippers. "Come in," she mumbles.

I walk in. Her bedroom is so much different from mine, it's unreal. Her black painted walls with red stars, are plastered in MCR posters and furry "bats" hang from the ceiling.I look around. Two photo frames sit on a table beside her bed. I pick them up. One of them is the first time I met Anna. We were in fourth grade. I was new and didn't know anyone...

FLASHBACK

All I could hear were whispers, and knew they were directed at me. Everyone seemed to be laughing and joking about. Playing with their friends. I quietly shuffled to the back of the room. Alone and isolated. I sat down, closed my eyes and prayed the day would be over soon. Suddenly I felt sharp blow to the back of my head.
I turned around to see three taller girls standing and staring at me.
"Who are you?" The tallest one, who seemed to be the leader, stepped forward.
"Umm, Aimee." I whispered.
"More like Freaky!" She pushed me aside and her two "cronies" laughed. "You'll do as I say from now on," she grabbed me by the hair, which made me wince in pain. "And if you don't, you'll have my big brother..."
I closed me eyes when I heard her being cut off. I looked up to see a small girl with blonde ringlets and blue eyes staring down at me.
"You okay?" She smiled as she helped me up. "Don't worry about them, they won't hurt you as long as I'm here. I'm Anna."


And since then she's kept her promise and we've stayed best friends.
I picked up the other frame. It was of her and her family on holiday. They seem such a perfect little family. Her father is standing up and holding onto her mum's shoulders. Her
mum is sitting down and is holding her baby brother Jake. Anna is holding her mum's left arm, and watching over her little brother. I'd give ANYTHING to have a family like that. Instead, I can't even remember what my mum looks like, my dad's a drunken mess and I'm too scared to go home in case he lashes out again.

Two hours later

"So ya wanna come?" Anna excitedly shouts, jumping up and down.

"I dunno. When is it?" I ask, not really taking it in that she's asking me to my first ever MCR concert with VIP tickets.

"Six tonight!" She screams, still jumping.

I quickly think about going home to tell Dad, but remember what happened this morning.

"I'd love to, but... I don't know. Sorry, I'm not really in the mood..." I trail off.

She stops jumping. "Not in the mood for MCR? Not in the mood for Frank Iero, your idol, who you've wanted to meet for five years but never had the chance? This is your chance, Aimee. What do you say?"

She did have a point. Why should I give up this one-in-a-lifetime chance for my dad, who's too selfish to even think about me?
I nod excitedly.

"Yay! There's the Aimee I know!" She shouts as she pulls me up to jump with her.