Rollercoaster

Chapter 30

Aimee's POV

For the first time in years, I woke up with a smile on my face. I couldn't wait for school. Don't get me wrong, I hate it as much as the next kid, but now I've got Sean with me, I felt invincible.

In the space of ten minutes, I was changed out of my Ruby Gloom pajamas into a Superman tee with black skinnies and Vans, put in my piercings, straightened my hair, brushed my teeth, and decided to head downstairs and wait.

I entered the kitchen and saw Frank sitting by the table, asleep. His head rested across it and he needed a shave. Cold coffee sat beside him in Gerard's wolverine mug. It looked as if it was about to spill over his head. I quickly grabbed it and poured the contents into the sink, along with the mug.

I must have woken him up with the noise. I turned around to see his sleepy face staring up at me. He smiled weakly and scratched his head.

"What time is it?" He mumbled through yawns.

I looked at my watch. "Half eight."

"Oh," He yawned again before dropping his head on the table with a loud thump. "Ow."

"Are you okay, Frank?" I asked and went over to sit beside him.

"No, not really, kiddo." He forced another smile and sighed loudly.

"What's wrong? I might be able to help." I smiled and peered down at him.

"Nothing, I was just... thinking about things." He looked away and smoothed down his hair, before getting up and heading upstairs.

I wanted to go after him and ask what he meant by 'things', but he seemed pretty upset about it. I guess I should just leave it till I come home from school. He might have got some sleep by then.

I had just sat down on the couch, when I heard knocking at the door. Sean! I jumped up and went to open it.

"Hey," His eyes sparkled at me in the morning sun. A black skater hat smoothly sat over his shiny brown hair. With it, he wore a Misfits tee, black jeans and black customised converse.

I smiled broadly at him. He looked so cute because his Misfits top was too big for him, and he looked like he was shrinking in it.

"You ready?" He asked.

I nodded and quickly ran inside. I grabbed my rucksack and keys and left a note for Frank, in case he didn't know that I left for school.

Quietly closing the front door behind me, we set off for school. At that moment, I couldn't have felt happier, nothing could bring me down.

Or so I thought..