Rollercoaster

Chapter 32

Aimee's POV

As soon as the last bell rang, I ran as fast as I could out of school . Past all the preps and cheerleaders. Past all the annoying teachers telling me to slow down. Past everything and everyone.

I couldn't wait to see Sean again. We didn't have any classes together, so when school ended I wanted to spend as much time with him as I could. Frank thought it was great that I'd made friends with someone so quickly, and Gerard agreed that he could come over anytime to hang out.

As I reached the gate, I noticed he wasn't waiting for me. Did he forget? He said he would wait, didn't he? I started to think over what he said this morning. Not much, come to think of it. He was in a bad mood because his mom doesn't want him hanging about with me.

Typical. She doesn't even know me for two seconds, yet she's sure I'm up to no good because of the music I listen to and the clothes I wear. That's why I love Frank and the guys so much. They don't stereotype. If I was a girly girl, or into folk music they'd probably still stick by me on it. Though I might not be here if I did...

I was about to give up waiting and go home when I saw Sean slowly trudging out of school, kicking everything in his way. He looked up and saw me and forced a smile.

"How long have you been waiting?" He mumbled.

"Long enough," I looked at him. He looked really depressed. "I'm just glad you're here now." I smiled at him, trying to cheer him up.

"I'm not." He sighed and took a folder out of his bag. A messy pile of sheets lay tucked inside it. Report cards, how could I forget? He took one out at a time, showing me the grades at the top."Miss Massey gave me a D- in Math. I got a C in English, F in Geography, D+ in Science..." He stopped and put them all back in before speaking again. "And A+ in Art." He smiled, showing all his pearly white teeth.

"Wow! That's really good, Sean! I never knew you were good at art," I turned to him and smiled. It was so great seeing him happy. "What did you draw?"

His face turned white while I waited for a response.

"Me? Well, I umm.... I..... uhhh.." He stuttered, hoping I would change the subject.

"Sean?" I searched his eyes.

"Well," He began, scratching his head. "Mr Gray said we had to draw something that meant a lot to us. And well," He looked away. "I drew you."

The white faded and a new shade of red formed on his cheeks.

I couldn't help but smile. This was so sweet! I mean, I expected him to draw his guitar or earphones or something.. But me?

I quickly leant forward and planted a kiss on his soft cheeks. He blushed even more, but turned to face me.

We both smiled and continued walking, hand in hand, to Gerard's house.

5 minutes later

We were down the street and could see two cars parked on the sidewalk. People got out of the cars and entered his house.

"Who's that?" Sean asked, reading my thoughts.

"I have no idea. They didn't mention people coming over tonight..." I thought aloud.

We walked some more until we reached it. Frank was sitting on the doorstep, his head in his hands, tears running down his face.

What the hell was going on?