Rollercoaster

Chapter 33

Frank's POV

God. I had no idea what I was going to do. I really needed to talk to Aimee, to explain, but she wasn't home from school yet.

I needed fresh air. Since I got that call, I just sat and waited in the house. I sat down on the doorstep, my head in my hands, trying to think of what to do.

Soon I looked up to see two black cars pull up outside. Janet got out of the first one, giving me a sympathetic smile on her way out. A man and a woman got out of the second and joined her on the lawn.

The woman looked at least in her forties. She was small and a kind hearted feeling came about her. She looked up at the man. He put his arm around her lovingly and smiled down.

They all started to walk towards me. I dusted myself off and stood up, a smile forcing its way on my mouth. The woman smiled broadly and came towards me, her hand outstretched.

"Oh, Mr Iero you don't know how happy I am to be here." I shook her hand and she laughed a little, probably nerves.

All three of us made our way inside, to where Gerard and Mikey were. Gerard was lounging on the couch, half asleep and Mikey was sitting up on a seat beside him, playing with his Neopet thing he bought.

"Damn you, Twinkle!" He shouted, waking Gerard fully.

I coughed a little, trying to get their attention. Mikey immediately looked up to see all three of us staring worriedly at him.

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry!" He poshed his accent up a bit, and grabbed Gerard by the arm, who still hadn't caught on.

We all just laughed nervously and sat down, discussing Aimee and what had happened since.

I told them the truth. Everything from her dad abusing her to running away and Heather cutting her hair. I had to. If she was going to go back to her, she had to know everything about her.

She obviously had no idea about this. She just sat there, motionless. A few times she had to leave the room because she was crying so much.

It was awful to see her like this. But then again, she left her. Her only daughter and she left her!

I kept telling her though, and she kept listening.

"Thank you so much, Frank," She said in between sniffs. "I just can't wait to have my baby back."

And then it finally hit me. Aimee was leaving for good. Heck, I would probably never see her again. And that broke my heart.

I ran out of the room and burst outside, falling to my knees on the doorstep. I couldn't hold it in anymore. This was no lie, no matter how much I wanted it to be. Tears rolled down my cheeks and onto the cold, hard ground. I didn't stop them. It wasn't going to bring Aimee back. Nothing was.

"Frank?"