Rollercoaster

Chapter 35

Aimee's POV

I slowly awoke from my dreamless sleep, the smell of freshly made pancakes wafting through my door.

Frank and Gerard cook nice pancakes? Never.

I screamed as I opened my eyes. This wasn't my room...

A sickly violet colour with hearts and bunnies was on my wallpaper. The duvet matched it and cuddly animals were scattered over the room. It made me feel slightly queezy. The hundreds of eyes staring up at me...

I continued screaming. I wanted was Frank to come in and say it was okay, he painted it or something. But he didn't. Instead a young boy ran into the room, looking shocked.

"Who the hell are you?" I yelled at him.

The boy came towards me, smiling a sickly sweet smile.

"It's okay Aimee, I..."

I cut him off.

"How do you know my name?" I was getting frustrated now, still yelling at him.

I flung back the covers and stood up on the bed, facing him.

Something on the wall caught my eye. I slowly turned around. In pink flashing letters, the words 'OUR PRINCESS AIMEE" sat above the bed on a sign. I nearly died there as I read it.

Where was I? And what the hell was going on?

I screamed yet again, not caring who I woke up. I just wanted Frank to come in and say I've just been Punk'd or something.

But something told me this was reality...

The boy tried to calm me down, but that just freaked me out and I screamed even louder.

"What is going on in here?" A stern voice came from a small woman. She ran in at once, her hands on her hips looking from me to the boy.

At that moment everything came back to me. Frank wasn't here anymore. This small crazy woman was my ..... mother? The feelings rushed back to me. The way I had been bundled into the car yesterday. I never even got to say goodbye to Frank. I never got to say goodbye to Sean....

As reality came flooding back to me, I burst into tears and fell onto the bed, sobbing. I didn't care if anyone saw me. They had ruined my life. Just as it was finally starting to get back to normal, she had to come along and wreck it all again.

"Go into your room, Ryan." She said and the small boy hesitated, before leaving the room quietly.

She took a seat beside me on the bed, rubbing my back gently.

I immediately leapt up in anger and confusion.

"Don't." I said coldly, looking away.

"Aimee, why won't you talk to me? I thought this was what you wanted?" She whispered slightly, obviously taken aback.

"What I wanted?" I turned to her, looking her straight in the eyes. "What do you know about what I want? You don't know anything about me. You're hardly a mother."

Her eyes widened as I continued.

"You want to know what I want? I want to be with Frank. He's more of a parent than you'll ever be. He knows what I like, what I don't. I can laugh with him, I can cry with him."

I stopped for a minute to look at her again. She was staring into nothing, not really taking in all that I had to say.

"He saved my life so many times. And y'know what? I love him. And nothing you or anyone else will say can change my mind. Let's face it, I'm never going to love you."

She looked up at me, tears falling from her eyes as she blinked. I had to tell the truth, didn't I?

"You left me to die, mom." I said quietly, choking back tears, realising what I just said was true.

She must have realised it too, because she soon stood up, wiping her eyes on the sleeve of her dressing gown.

"Get dressed. Breakfast is downstairs if you want any." She said glumly, not looking at me, but at the ground below her.

She quickly left the room, shutting the door tightly.

Great. The person who I was most likely going to have to live with for the next few years hated me.