Rollercoaster

Chapter 36

Frank's POV

I lay curled up in my bed (still in Gerard's house). I had been lying there since Aimee left. Who knows how long that's been...

Man, of all the stupid things I had done, I had really done it this time. Not only had I wrecked my life, but I messed up Aimee's even more. I was too much of a coward, I couldn't even say goodbye....

All the thoughts drained out of my head as I heard Gerard's faint voice in my ears.

At the end of the world
Or the last thing I see
You are
Never coming home
Never coming home
Could I? Should I?
And all the things that you never ever told me
And all the smiles that are ever gonna haunt me
Never coming home
Never coming home
Could I? Should I?


Tears pricked the corners of my eyes. Who knew the lyrics could fit in so perfectly with real life?

Gerard's voice suddenly grew quieter as I felt the earphones being pulled out of my ears.

"Ow." I mumbled, too lazy to look up, though I had a feeling it was Gerard.

"You gotta get up, man," He said sympathetically, gently nudging me on the leg.

"What's the point?" I whispered into the pillow.

I heard a sigh and felt the bed lower behind me.

I slowly turned to face Gerard, who was smiling reassuringly.

"I know how much you love that kid, Frank," He looked into my bloodshot eyes. "But how is moping about all day going to solve things?"

"I can't help it, Gee." I sat up to join him and sighed heavily as I began to face the reality of it all. "I'm never gonna get her back." I breathed, I fresh batch of tears replacing the ones I had already cried.

He sighed, and scratched his head, trying to think. That's how I always found the truth. From Gerard. He was my best friend, and not one of the six years we'd known each other, had he lied to me.

"Maybe not, but what about visiting her? Dude, you never even got to say goodbye.." He trailed off.

Gerard was right. I mean, come on Frank.

This is what she wanted, wasn't it? I bet she was really happy now, living her life again with her mom.

I just couldn't seem to find happiness so soon...

He smiled again, waiting for a response.

I smiled back, although it felt weird to be smiling. I guess I had gone without smiling for too long... Weird, huh?

We slowly got up off the bed and made our way downstairs, where I could hear the guys all laughing and joking around.

The suddenly stopped laughing and looked up at me as I timidly entered the room.

I sat down on the couch, not really in the mood to speak to anyone.

I flicked on the TV to the music channels. I stopped when I reached Kerrang!.

The video was kinda weird. It was set in a church, barn type thing and someone was getting married. A guy with a top hat was walking around singing, while the congregation sat in rows with makeup and strange clothes on. It was actually a really good idea for the song.

I'd chime in with a "Haven't you people ever heard of closing a goddamn door?!"
No, it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality.
I'd chime in, "Haven't you people ever heard of closing a goddamn door?!"
No, it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of...


I smiled to myself. Just the other week, Aimee was walking about with a huge smile on her face singing this song. She said she liked Panic! At The Disco, though I hadn't really listened to them all that well. I knew we were sharing a gig with them later in the year and promised her she could meet them in person. Her face lit up almost instantly and she wrapped her arms around me, while thanking me over and over again. I just loved seeing her happy...

I changed the channel quickly, as I snapped out of the memory. Some girl in a leotard started dancing, shaking everything in the camera guy's face. Well that certainly woke me up...

I saw Mikey walk over and sit beside me out of the corner of my eye.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I guess so..." I trailed off.

I didn't exactly want to talk about it anymore, and coming downstairs had just made things worse.

He slowly edged away in his seat and I eyed him suspiciously.

"Dude, no offence," He started. "But you stink!" He said seriously.

I laughed. "Thanks," I said sarcastically and headed upstairs.

Gerard's POV

It was so good seeing Frank try to get back to normal. He had a lot of guts to try again, if I was in his situation, I probably wouldn't be able to.

Something Mikey said made him laugh and he walked upstairs, smiling.

Bob came over at once, watching him leave the room.

"Do you think he's gonna be okay?" He asked, worriedly.

I smiled. "Yeah. He can pull through this, I know it."

The doorbell rang a few times. I went to answer it, seeing as no one else had heard it.

"Is Aimee ready?" Sean asked, smiling broadly at me.

At first, I looked at the kid strangely. I thought he was just joking or something. Until I realized. No one had told him.