Rollercoaster

Chapter 38

Frank's POV

I stepped out of the bathroom, feeling much better than I did earlier. A nice long bubble bath did the trick... Oh my god, I'm such a woman...

I made my way into the bedroom, changing into a fresh pair of black jeans.

I picked up my cell phone to check the time, and saw I had two missed calls. I didn't recognise the number, so I dialled back.

After three long rings, someone answered.

"Frank?"

"Aimee?" Her voice was so quiet and shaky I couldn't tell it was her at first.

"Where are you? What's wrong? Why did you ring? Are you okay?" I shouted down the phone.

"I .... I ....umm don't know where I am.." She said, her voice getting quieter.

"Describe it, Aimee, and speak up I can't hear you." I said, getting a notepad.

"Well there's trees, and..." She stopped. "Oh wait, there's a sign. Ummm...Loughshore Avenue I think."

I scribbled the name down on the page. "Okay Aimee, I got it. Stay there, I'm coming right away."

"Hurry Frank..." Aimee said, and hung up.

I had no idea where Loughshore Avenue was, but I was going to find out, even if it took all night.

I ran down the stairs, seeing Gerard and Mikey on the couch.

"Aimee...." I panicked, making me stutter.

Gerard came over at once. "What's wrong, dude?"

"She rang me while I was in the bathroom and I rang her back and she said she didn't know where she was, but I got a street here and I have no idea why she's there, but I gotta go and find her." I said all in one breath.

He stared at the notepad for a minute, then ran to the table in the hall, grabbing his car keys.

"I know where it is, I'll take you there." He said.

I looked at Mikey.

"I'd better stay here in case she comes back." He said.

I nodded and Gerard and I set off in search of Loughshore Avenue. I wasn't going to lose her again...