Rollercoaster

Chapter 41

Aimee's POV

I sat up on my bed, holding a mug of coffee. I was still a bit shaken up about the whole thing, and there were still some red lines around my arms and mouth, but I'll live. I had been through much worse.

I heard a few knocks on the door and Frank's face popped through the gap between the door and the wall, opening it slightly.

"Hey honey, how ya feeling?" He smiled, and walked towards the bed, sitting down beside me.

"Better." I smiled back, and there was another knock on the door.

"Come in." I called.

Mikey came in awkwardly.

"You okay, kiddo?" He asked, standing up beside Frank.

"Yeah, thanks." I smiled again.

"We got the guys who were behind this." He said more seriously.

"Oh," I looked down, putting my mug on the table beside the bed. What else was I meant to say?

"It was planned." Mikey continued, his smile vanishing.

My eyes suddenly widened. Someone planned to kidnap me? I shook slightly. Frank noticed and took my hand in his, smiling at me as if to say everything was fine. But it wasn't. Who would do this?

Mikey continued talking, I guess he didn't know what else to do. "Some people found out that Frank was looking after you and they... uh... they wanted ransom for you." He said, sighing.

I just kept staring at the wall.

"What? Who would know about this?" Frank said angrily, and got up off the bed, facing Mikey.

"I dunno, dude." He shook his head, sighing again. "Who did you tell, Aimee?" He turned to me.

I suddenly came out of my daze. Who did I tell? No one. I wasn't exactly friends with most people...

"Well, um... I dunno." I muttered.

"You must know! This is serious, Aimee." Frank said, looking at me.

"I know. The only person who knew was Sean, but .."

Frank didn't let me finish. As soon as I said Sean's name, he burst out of the room, and ran down the stairs.

I ran after him, blocking the front door.

"Get out of my way, Aimee. He can't just spread stuff like this, I don't care if he's your friend. Friends don't do this." Frank held my shoulders and looked into my eyes.

"But it wasn't him!" I pleaded. I knew it wasn't him. Sean wouldn't do this. He just wouldn't...

"Well he's the only one you told, so who else was it?" He asked, taking a step back.

"Maybe they just found out, I mean, did I have to tell them for it to be that obvious? I know not many people know you here, but they're not stupid. Anyone could see me with you and sell it to he press, earning money. These jerks have obviously just followed me around and the minute they see you're not here, they ... well try it out."

He sighed. "I guess so. Well, we're not taking any more chances."

He took my arm and led me into the lounge, where Mikey, Ray, Bob and Worm were all sitting in silence.

They all looked up as soon as Frank came into the room, with me following.

"Worm?" He asked. Worm looked up. "After catching that guy today, you seem like the best option." He began. No one knew what he was going on about. "You think you could keep Aimee safe as well as us? After all," He looked round at me. "She's one of us now."

Worm smiled, looking up at me. "It'd be my pleasure."

I smiled back, hugging Frank, then Worm.

Gerard suddenly came in, breaking the laughter. "Uh, guys?"

We turned around, staring at him in unison.

"Channel five. They heard of what happened. They want an interview with Frank."

Silence.