Rollercoaster

Chapter 43

Aimee's POV

After we had all managed to calm down, we piled into Gerard's car once again.

Everyone that had heard the news kept coming up and congratulating us. People that I didn't know. People that Frank didn't even know.

It had all became a huge blur since Betsy had said that t me in the studio. A good blur, all the same. The past few months hadn't exactly felt real. At one point, I thought it had all been a dream. One of those dreams with good parts and scary parts. One of those dreams you don't want to wake up from. But now I knew. This was reality.

We finally reached Gerard's house. It was like as soon as the car had entered the neighborhood, everyone had been shaken out of their houses like in a snow globe.They were all standing in the yard. Waiting for us to arrive.

Isn't it weird how people will completely ignore you when you're a nobody, yet the second you're on the TV, or have anything to do with a celebrity, they're acting all nice like we've been best friends for years? Well that was exactly how it looked now.

As the car drove up the drive, it started to shake and we realized the people outside had begun to hit the car, wanting us out. We could hear them from inside the car, shouting stuff like,

"Aimee, we love you!"

and

"Frank, adopt me!"

If we hadn't of been in that situation, I probably would have just laughed it off. But now, it felt like we weren't going to get out alive.

The shaking became more frequent and the shouts became louder. Gerard turned off the engine and turned around in his seat to look at me and Frank in the back.

My grip had tightened onto him as soon as I saw the people outside the black tinted windows.

He let go of my hand and gently moved me towards Worm, sitting on the other side of me.

"Get her in with as little fuss as possible." He said and smiled down at me.

Worm nodded respectively and searched for something in the back. He took out a black blanket and wrapped it around me, opening the car door quickly.

It was so quick, I hardly had any time to actually see the people around me. I just focused on getting to that door, and knowing Worm was in front, leading me in safely.

We got in eventually, with some hold-ups and I collapsed on the couch, flicking on the TV.

Every single channel had something or other to do with Frank.

I stopped on one channel.

"Breaking news just in," The commentator began, "It is not just a rumor. Frank Iero has, I repeat, has in fact adopted a girl."

Worm laughed a little, sitting down beside me.

"Well they're quick." He said sarcastically.

The commentator continued talking. "Many girls have been affected deeply by this news." He said seriously and his face faded as a video came up on screen.

A group of girls with mcr merchandise on, aged about thirteen or so, were all standing in a huddle, crying.

"This isn't fair!" They screamed into the microphone, tears streaming down their faces.

"Why couldn't he have adopted me? What makes her so special?" They shouted.

I smiled to myself. I wasn't special at all. I was exactly like them a few months ago.

30 minutes later

I began to panic. The guys still weren't inside. What was holding them up? There didn't seem that many people when we were out there at first.

"I'll go out and check they're okay. You stay here, out of sight." Worm said to me before heading outside.

I quickly ran up to my bedroom, peeking out of my window sneakily.

What the hell was going on? All I could see were people fighting other people, people lying on the lawn in pain, blood everywhere. Most had gone, but the ones that were still here, weren't leaving without a fight.

I desperately searched for Frank, straining my neck as I did so. In fact, I couldn't see any of the guys, all I could see was Worm making people leave, carrying some away if he had to.

I heard the front door open slowly and I ran down in a hurry, nearly falling down the stairs.

They didn't look as bad as I thought they would...

Bob looked normal, just his knuckles were red and swollen. Ray's fro was all over the place and his shirt was a bit ripped. The sleeves of Mikey's hoodie had been torn off. Gerard only had one shoe on and a hole in his jeans revealed his left leg was bleeding.

Frank limped in last. You could tell he was in pain, the way he was walking and blood stained his face.

I was so overwhelmed I barely saw the last person, struggling in behind Frank.

"Aimee," He smiled, blood leaking through his perfect teeth. His Green Day tee was ripped at the seams and his other clothes were just hanging on him, badly torn.

I nearly collapsed on the stairs with what I saw.

"Sean?" I stuttered.