Rollercoaster

Chapter 45

Frank's POV

I was sitting in the bathroom, painfully washing the blood off my face, when I heard a knock on the bathroom door.

"Yeah?" I bit my lip as the pain began to sink in again.

The door opened and Gerard stood there, smiling at me.

"You okay, man?" He asked, leaning against the door.

"Yeah, just trying to get this crap off my face before the paparazzi come round and think I've been trying to kill her or something." I joked.

Gerard laughed a little and turned to me.

"I never got to say before," He began. "I think what you did was really sweet."

I looked at him, arching an eyebrow. "What? Punching that guy in the face?"

"No dude, adopting Aimee. You were right all along about it. I know you're gonna make a great dad." Gerard smiled at me.

"Thanks, dude. There's still all the paperwork to be done though." I thought aloud.

"Well, just so you know, we're all here if you need any help with it."

I smiled. I'm glad I had a best friend like Gerard. He was always so supportive and underneath he was actually really soft.

"Frank?" I heard someone call from downstairs. Though it didn't exactly sound like Aimee or Sean...

My eyes widened as I realized my mother was here.

"It's my mom!" I whispered to Gerard. "What am I going to do?"

"Um, maybe go downstairs and say hi?" Gerard laughed at my over-reaction.

I wasn't worried about what she would say when she saw Aimee, I couldn't wait! It was just... I still had blood all over my face and my clothes were all ripped.

"Mrs Iero!" Gerard walked slowly down that stairs, stalling my mom while I finished getting washed and changed into better clothes.

A very rushed ten minutes later, I ran down the stairs, blood-free and fully clothed.

"Mom!" I shrieked, running at her.

She noticed and moved out of the way, letting me run into the wall.

"Ow." I rubbed my head, frowning at her. "Why'd you move?" I moaned.

She laughed. "You would have sent me flying!"

Gerard stepped forward. "Actually," He began. "He's more like a chihuahua when he runs at you, ends up hurting himself more than he hurts you."

Mom thought this was hilarious and couldn't stop laughing. I just pouted and stuck my tongue out at both of them.

"Right, enough carrying on." Mom ordered. "Where is this granddaughter of mine?"

I smiled. I couldn't wait for her to meet Aimee.

I opened the door to the lounge and stepped in.

"Aimee?" She immediately turned around. "I'd like you to meet someone..." I stepped into the room fully, Mom following. "This is my mother."

"Hello dear," She walked in, smiling sweetly at Aimee.

Aimee jumped up and hugged her tightly. "It's a pleasure meeting you, Mrs Iero."

Mom pulled her away, and looked at her. "Call me Grandma, honey."

Aimee smiled. "Sure thing, Grandma."

I was so glad they were going to get on. All I had wanted was for Aimee to be happy...

1 hour later

We were all still sitting in the lounge, like a proper family. Sean, Aimee and Mom sitting on the couch, me and Gerard sitting on extra seats around the room. Ray, Bob, Mikey and Worm decided they would go home earlier.

Her olive eyes lit up instantly when Mom showed her the things she had bought for her. Just little things like, a pink and red tutu with black netting underneath both, LOADS of Vans and Converse, Ruby Gloom tees and a stripy 'Cat In The Hat' hoodie.

She hugged her tightly. "You are the best grandma ever!" She screamed.

I smiled to myself. This was the thing I always dreamed of happening. How I imagined it would be, after everything had been wrong in her life. In other words,

This Is The Best Day Ever.