Rollercoaster

Chapter 53

Aimee's POV

I just sat on the floor for what felt like a lifetime, staring into nothingness.

"It's not right. It can't be!" I thought aloud.

Instead of arguing, Sean just took my hand in his and looked into my eyes.

"What if it is right?" He whispered.

Oh my god. I never thought of that. What if it is right? What will I do then? We're only fifteen, we can't raise a kid! And what will Frank say? What if he disowns me and we're left on the street? What if Sean tells his mom and she forbids him to ever see me again and they actually move? I mean, that was the reason we're in this mess.

It was about a week ago and Sean and I were getting really close. His mom was still at work, so we went to his house to finish our homework. The next thing I know, his mom comes in screaming and drags me out, saying I'm not welcome in her home and telling Sean they're moving. He totally flips out at her and says if I'm not welcome then neither is he and we head to Gerard's. I felt so sorry for him. I know as well as anyone how much he loves his mom, she was the only one to bring him up. So, I try and calm him down, resulting in.... Well I guess you all know...

He snapped me out of the flashback, rubbing my hand gently.

"Whatever happens I want you to know," He began. "I'll always be here for you."

I smiled, though I was crying inside.

We sprung forward as the door opened downstairs and we heard people coming in.

I quickly threw the test and its box into the garbage, and sat back on the edge of the bath.

"Hello? Is anyone in? We're home!" I heard Gerard shout from the hall. "Hello?" He repeated a second time.

"Party time!" Mikey shouted excitedly.

My heart raced as I saw the door handle turn slowly. I quickly jumped up, pushing it closed.

"I'll be a minute." I called, my voice a little shaky.

"Oh, okay." Frank said, taken aback. "Sorry."

As I heard his bedroom door shut, I hurriedly grabbed Sean's arm and pulled him out, running down the stairs.

We nearly reached the door, when someone grabbed my shoulder from behind, stopping me in my tracks. I turned around to see Mikey's face beaming down on me.

"Hey kiddo! Staying for the party?"

He motioned to the lounge, where banners plastered the walls reading "Welcome home". I looked in to see Ray, Bob and all standing at a table in the middle of the room, having competitions to see who could fit the most marshmallows in their mouths. Ray saw me and waved manically, choking as he did so. Bob tried not to laugh, spitting marshmallow everywhere, while Gerard was standing behind them shouting "Go, go, go!"

"Sorry, I can't." I mumbled, staring at the wall.

The smile disappeared from his face. "Aw, why not? Why are you two in such a rush anyways?"

I looked at Sean. He was biting his lip and hadn't taken his gaze away from the door. I turned to Mikey.

"I....umm....we....uh....just...." I stuttered, trying to think of something to say.

Sean turned to me, realizing I was getting nowhere. He took my hand reassuringly and smiled.

"Mikes?" I turned to him again. "Can we talk in private?"

He frowned and nodded, leading us into the kitchen.

"So... what's up guys?" He folded his arms, sitting on a stool in front of me and Sean.

I tried to think of how exactly I was going to tell him, but ended up just getting distracted by Bob and Ray choking and Gerard laughing in the back round.

Mikey could tell something was up. "Aimee?" He bent forward, a serious look taking form on his face.

"Mikey, I'm.... Well, you see, it's...um...."

He grabbed hold of both my shoulders, staring me in the face. "Tell me Aimee! What is it?"

"Mikey, I'm pregnant!"

...