Rollercoaster

Chapter 54

Aimee's POV

The minute I said that, he immediately let go of my shoulders, his arms falling to his sides limply. I thought he was going to collapse until he laughed out. I think it was more of a nervous laugh all the same.

"Ha, very funny guys." He punched Sean's arm lightly.

Sean's eyebrows raised as Mikey continued to laugh, more high pitched this time.

He jumped unexpectedly as I grabbed his arm, and stopped laughing at once.

"I'm serious, Mikey."

He looked me straight in the eyes, a confused look in his.

"What? Actually?" He took a step back, taking it in turns to look from me to Sean, then back again.

We nodded in unison, bowing our heads in shame slightly.

I could see his eyes widen slightly at that.

"You... you did it?!" He whispered, a mixture of shock and anger in his voice.

Again, we nodded slowly.

Mikey was silent for a few minutes, before gasping and realizing what we just agreed to.

"Ewwwww!" He whispered loudly, his face screwed up like a little kid.

"That's sick! Why did you do it? You're only fifteen for God's sake!" He said, his voice getting louder and louder.

I felt like crying. I trusted Mikey. He was like my older brother. The one I could come to with my problems. But now he was ashamed of me. What was I meant to do now? Who was I going to go to if Mikey was ashamed of me?

A tear rolled slowly down my cheek. I was more ashamed than anyone.

Mikey caught on quickly, pulling me into a tight embrace.

"Hey, hey," He comforted. "Everything's gonna be fine. Don't you worry. I'm gonna help you guys as much as you need it."

I stopped sniffing, looking Mikey in the face.

"I don't know what we were thinking," I admitted quietly. "I just don't know what we're going to do now..." I trailed off.

"What did I tell you?" Mikey said once again, pulling Sean under other arm. "I'm gonna help. And I mean it. Anything you guys are unsure about, or don't know, I'll be there. Don't get me wrong, I have no idea myself..."

He stopped, looking up at the ceiling, thinking of what he said was true. He suddenly snapped himself out of it, turning to us once again. "The point is, I'll do whatever it takes to find out. Just so you guys know, you're not alone in this."

"Thanks." I smiled, looking up at Mikey. I knew I could confide in him. "But what about Frank?"

I suddenly thought. I mean, it was great that Mikey was going to help us out. But, Frank was practically my dad now. I couldn't just not tell him, and then nine months later I'm suddenly having a baby. But I didn't exactly want to tell him at the moment...

Mikey pulled us both from under his arm, staring at us with a questioning look. "What about Frank?" He asked. His eyes suddenly widened large again and he gasped out loud. "Wait a minute," He began. "Is Frank the dad?!" He practically shouted.

I clasped my hand over his mouth, quick enough for the guys not to hear him. "No, you idiot! But he's gonna have to find out, and I don't know what to say..."

He smiled and sighed with relief. "I wouldn't tell him just yet. Wait about three months. You know, in case something happens to the..." He stopped.

"Yeah okay, thanks." I smiled back. "Wait. How do you know that?"

He hesitated for a minute, twiddling his thumbs together. "I...I...Uh...I watch things okay!" He snapped, heading out the kitchen door quickly. Okay, well that wasn't weird or anything...

Well I guess all I can do is wait...